Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Almost ALL DVDTalk CH info posted to another site

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 04-13-03, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was searching yahoo this morning and came across this thread at a different DVD bargain board. I'm not sure if I'm able to post the link to the competitor's thread but I'll attempt anyway.

http://www.dvdcouponpost.com/vbullet...threadid=15251

Well, it turns out almost all the information compiled by DVDTalkers has been stolen and posted over there. I did not read through the entire threads since they were very long. However, I saw absolutely no credits towards who actually did the work. Additionally, I didn't even see a link to the main threads here at DVDTalk.

I know this kind of information ripping is very common in deal forums, but this particularly angers me. The DVD Clubs Forum was built in DVDTalk and that's where it should remain. I find the fact that one of the members here copied and pasted almost all the information into another forum very troubling. By almost all the information, I mean...

FAQ questions
Codes
The list of enrollment titles
Exact copy of the first post of "Recently Available for Enrollment"
Phone Order Titles
DTS Titles
Wolf Husky Bypass

It's one thing when codes such as CYCD make it to another board, but this is just theivery. And then, the person who stole the information had the nerve to go and post this:

"Well with all the many hours I spent on this, not one person had anything to say about it. Makes me wonder if it was really worth it; oh well. Maybe I should move this to the Coupon Post. I wanted it in here so only members would see it, but maybe in the Coupon Post it could draw in some new people. Or then again maybe it isnt all that like I was thinking it was. "

The many hours he spent on it?! Maybe he meant the 5 minutes of copying and pasting. I know this is a little off topic, but I thought everyone should know.
Old 04-13-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting find .... maybe we should let members on that board know how much work good old KennyBoy is doing ....

What is funny is that I see you posted what I'm guessing is this sites address there. Funny, gee I wonder why he had it removed.

"URL removed we don’t provide other sites free advertising. Mark"
Old 04-13-03, 01:40 PM

Actually I had also started a new thread saying KennyBoy was taking credit for a bunch of things he didn't do, but it appears that thread was deleted.

EDIT: I just noticed KennyBoy is a moderator over there. I wonder who deleted that thread.
Old 04-13-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Boshwok840
Actually I had also started a new thread saying KennyBoy was taking credit for a bunch of things he didn't do, but it appears that thread was deleted.
No surprise

I'm sure a few members of this site will turn that website around with the truth very quickly ...

Is he a mod yes, but I'm sure people will be ticked if they find out hes been lying the whole time. I would be.
Old 04-13-03, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DarthMaul420
No surprise

I'm sure a few members of this site will turn that website around with the truth very quickly ...

Is he a mod yes, but I'm sure people will be ticked if they find out hes been lying the whole time. I would be.
actually no they wont be ticked, as though I got most of the info from this site I spent many hours working on it myself. I have been a member of this a lot longer than you two rubes and got sick of all the flaming and downright **** here so decided to seek out a friendlier forum. For your information I had nothing to do with the deleting or closing of any threads/posts. Since the info is free information provided by CH you need to get over it and let other people take advantage of how great CH is.
Old 04-13-03, 02:42 PM

Ha ha what a joke. You took full credit for all the info as if you had written it yourself. That thread would die within a week or two if you didn't have this forum to plagiarize everything from. "Hours of work" my ass. I could make a thread with that same info within 10 minutes. Why don't you just put in some credits as to who ACTUALLY did the work?
Old 04-13-03, 02:46 PM

Actually I did do a lot of work on it in private forums as several members can attest to. As for credit, I had psoted credit where credit was due, but as I saw stuff here that was from there with no credit I removed my notes. I'm not going to defend my self to the likes of you. Get over it boshwok if you don't have anything better to do then you need to get a life.
Old 04-13-03, 02:49 PM

yeah Kenny, I guess I have a lot more time than you since I don't spend the hours and hours and hours of work on a thread over at DVDcoupon. So show me where those credits were? I see the thread dates back months and months. Where are they?
Old 04-13-03, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

KennyBoy, Did you miss this clause at the top of the FAQ:

The contents of this thread are Copyright © 2000, 2001, 2002 by the author of each respective post. All rights reserved. These works may not be reproduced, distributed, or sold for any purpose without the express written consent of the respective author. Commercial use is expressly forbidden.
I find it laughable that you take credit for other people's work and have no problem with it. If you don't like this forum, then leave and stop relying on the info you find here to support your "friendlier" forum.
Old 04-13-03, 02:52 PM

Question to the mods...Is there anyway to block someone from viewing certain threads. I'd love to see how long his little CH DVD club thread would last over there if he couldn't copy and paste everything from here anymore.

Last edited by Boshwok840; 04-13-03 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-13-03, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by KennyBoy
actually no they wont be ticked, as though I got most of the info from this site I spent many hours working on it myself. I have been a member of this a lot longer than you two rubes
banned!
Old 04-13-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

actually no they wont be ticked, as though I got most of the info from this site I spent many hours working on it myself. I have been a member of this a lot longer than you two rubes and got sick of all the flaming and downright **** here so decided to seek out a friendlier forum. For your information I had nothing to do with the deleting or closing of any threads/posts. Since the info is free information provided by CH you need to get over it and let other people take advantage of how great CH is.
So let me get this straight. You are sick of all the flaming but just called us names? Does that make you smarter?

You have been a member longer than us? what a year man? In that case I lurked this site long before you were a member! What kind of childish nonsense is this? LOL

I'm older than you. Nope doesn't mean much.

Last edited by DarthMaul420; 04-13-03 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-13-03, 03:58 PM

lol being called a rube equates to being called names? w/e dude

edit: hey just noticed boshwok and darthmaul similar names and same time registration...same person??? lol
Old 04-13-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

edit: hey just noticed boshwok and darthmaul similar names and same time registration...same person??? lol
Yes it does. It's called flaming.

boshwok and darthmaul? how exactly is that similar? One starts with a B, the other with a D?

Mods, feel free to do an IP check or whatever so everyone knows Boshwok840 and myself are not the same person.

Last edited by DarthMaul420; 04-13-03 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-13-03, 04:05 PM

boshwok(420)
darthmaul(840) double number second name (maybe conincidence maybe not) conveniently no info provided in profile...

anyway calling someone a rube wont get me banned, if you wanna try on other stuff gl. I'm done wasteing my time with you two rubes. GL blowing this thread up into something it isn't.
Old 04-13-03, 04:08 PM

same person??? lol
Did you seriously laugh out loud over that joke? I have to admit, that sure was a good one...you must crack yourself up.

Furthermore, in case you're not aware:

rube ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rb)
n. Slang
An unsophisticated country person.

Yes it does. lol again?
Old 04-13-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

boshwok(420)
darthmaul(840) double number second name (maybe conincidence maybe not) conveniently no info provided in profile...

anyway calling someone a rube wont get me banned, if you wanna try on other stuff gl. I'm done wasteing my time with you two rubes. GL blowing this thread up into something it isn't.
A. Did you do that yourself? Or did you need help with you times tables?

B. Why not leave the site if you don't like it?

C. Goodbye

Anyway, Mods please delete this thread asap before it gets out of hand.

Edit* Kennyboy, I have no hard feelings toward you man. If some of that info is yours then my bad. You are free to do what you want with it. There are always two sides to every story. But make no mistake I am not the one who started this thread nor am one of the people who posted over on your boards.

for now.

Last edited by DarthMaul420; 04-13-03 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-13-03, 04:36 PM

I just posted the following over at the other forum.

Ripped from Todd B.'s FAQ:

Super special thanks to akolang, Ashirg, bga, bhamon, Booth, bradm20, burner77, cgblack, CheapBastid, cygnet74, DigitalDave, evenswr, FLFireman, Godot, jbarrett, jellofan, Jobronie, JonTurner, jough, lizard, Marc G, medman2000, Mr Pink, nemein, piLOt, rdodolak, RevLiver, RicoSuave, SAShepherd, Soup Nazi, strusinsk, TK-421, Tprints, V-ism, weargle, Will-Work-For-DVDs, and many other contributers for the great information on Columbia House.
Now we're all happy, and this thread can die. I wouldn't be surprised if my post is deleted over there, but we'll see.
Old 04-13-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow all you guys take this crap way to seriously, who cares!
Old 04-13-03, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jumbojp
Wow all you guys take this crap way to seriously, who cares!
To serious? Yea I agree with you! Everybody chill out!
Old 04-13-03, 06:30 PM

Yeah, f* it... who cares who stole whose hard work and claimed it for their own patheticness... Everyone back on the stupid bus!

Cmon Kenny that's sad man... it may be alright to you but that info is infact copyrighted.. I don't see your name under the props section.
Old 04-13-03, 07:15 PM
Registered

I am closing this thread. The appropriate step to take in this situation is to contact the admins so we can review it and respond.