Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Whats the Difference? (black friday related)

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 11-21-02, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I know the lawsuit has a lot to do with it but, how is the black fiday ads different thean any of the other "deals" found in this site? A misprice on an item jumped on by several 100 people is just as bad to a company as posting ads early. Surveys for gift certificates that are specifically for certain customers, doesn't that hurt customers. Keep in mind I use these deals as much as anyone, I had my order cancelled by disney even though I spent $100 and used their coupon for $15.00 off. Just a question.

SHadow
Old 11-22-02, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine is not an official response, of course, but it seems to me that the issue about Black Friday was that "confidential company info" was being posted. In other words, it won't be wrong to list the prices once Target (or whomever) makes them public (when they release their flyers), but to have them leaked out ahead of time is, they claim, a violation of the copyright law. Pricing errors are based on released information, thereby not constituting a violation.
Old 11-22-02, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The biggest issue is the DMCA Safe Harbor Provisions which pretty much FORCES us to remove content when DMCA is invoked. It's an act now ask questions later deal.
Old 11-22-02, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Are you asking questions?
Old 11-22-02, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just think it's wrong that these mega-conglomerate chain stores can bully websites by misrepresenting an already vague law... [based on what i've read on here]

Perhaps all of us should get together and sue Wal*Mart & Target on behalf of DVDTalk.com?

Well, wait...let's wait to see if it works against McDonalds.