Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

How do I get a name change?

Old 09-11-02, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How do I get a name change?

Am I supposed to ask a specific admin? I read the FAQ but it didn't say who to ask.

My reason for asking for a name change is that basically, lately, I've been thinking that the last portion of my username isn't really that appropriate anymore even if its preceded by tofu so I was wondering if you could take off the last half of my username or if not that, just the last two letters.

Thanks.
Old 09-11-02, 02:09 PM
Registered

Please see: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=194140
Old 09-11-02, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sorry Geoff. If its there and I'm not seeing it, I apologize but I read the thread but it doesn't actually say HOW to do it. Can I just change my name myself? I'm assuming that administrators have to do it. Do I need to send an email to you explaining my reasons for the change? If not you, then who do I do my explaining to? (Basically, I just don't want the "b" word in my name anymore in light of all that's happened in the past year at WTC and all)
Old 09-11-02, 03:16 PM
Uber Member

Originally posted by tofubomb
I'm sorry Geoff. If its there and I'm not seeing it, I apologize but I read the thread but it doesn't actually say HOW to do it. Can I just change my name myself? I'm assuming that administrators have to do it. Do I need to send an email to you explaining my reasons for the change? If not you, then who do I do my explaining to? (Basically, I just don't want the "b" word in my name anymore in light of all that's happened in the past year at WTC and all)
You can email any Admin (Geoff, Randy, X, Static Cling) but I believe I've been handling most of the name changes.

I'll update the faq to make that more clear.

In your case, yes, I'd need a reason to change your name. We ask for this to not only keep the requests to a minimum, but to also prevent forum identity confusion for the members as well as the mods.

You sound like you have a valid point (though I personally don't have a problem with your name) and the tofu part is unique enough that I think people will still recognize you, so send me an email with your name change request and I'll see what we can do.