Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Threads get very lengthy....

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-02, 12:42 PM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure if this is been suggested before or not but here goes...

When browsing some of the threads in some of the forums like DVD Bargains, there is commonly threads like the one for "Star Trek, Season Best deals...". Most of the posts are very helpful in trying to find a great bargain, unfortunately, many of them turn into 5, 6, 7 page deals where more than 1/2 of it is someone have a dialog with another member for something totally unrelated.

I'm not sure if its possible to monitor this more closely or suggest to people to begin another thread. For example, there are a number of posts in the Star Trek thread for Babylon 5 deals....not only can it be served better for this portion of the discussion to have its own thread, but it also adds to the length of the already long Star Trek Theard.

Another thing that adds to the length (for which I'll admit to being guily of as well) is once the DVDs are released, everyone will post that "I got it" and add another few pages to the bargains thread.

Just some suggestions.....

BTW, this is an awesome site, not just for bargains for for all the other forums, reviews, writeups, etc.
Old 09-06-02, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When a thread gets way off topic, it often helps to report it to a moderator so they can "regulate", as it were.