Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Magazine "Deal" Problem...

Old 09-05-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Magazine "Deal" Problem...

I paid for that Magazine deal (before Details magazine was added, dammit) and I have yet to receive any magazines. Now what? Did I just throw money away? I don't really care about those magazines... I just think it's false advertising to say the magazines will arrive.
Old 09-05-02, 05:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

How long has it been? The magazine website said something about 6-14 weeks before the first issue, I think... if it's been beyond that, I'd look on the website for contact info and ask them what the deal was.
Old 09-05-02, 08:30 PM

Was it the three magazine deal?
Old 09-05-02, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah - it was before they added Details. I got it when the ad first started popping up because I felt like being generous and contributing to this site since I spend so much time here. I don't know how long it has been, but it seems like a hella-long time.
Old 09-05-02, 10:07 PM
Registered

Most mags take 6-8 weeks to start. It's all about when the magazines 'sticker' their issues.
Old 09-06-02, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, pretty weak they added Details to the deal aftef the fact. I guess I'll have to learn to wait these things out a little better. Still a good deal though....
Old 09-07-02, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jkzahn
Yeah, pretty weak they added Details to the deal aftef the fact. I guess I'll have to learn to wait these things out a little better. Still a good deal though....
I agree. I went and donated, and then an extra mag gets added on
Old 09-07-02, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't even want any of those crap magazines... Any way I can cancel?
Old 09-07-02, 10:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

For people that want Details, there is an offer in Hot Deals right now to get a year of Details magazine for free.
Old 09-15-02, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
I don't even want any of those crap magazines... Any way I can cancel?
Yeah, call the number and you can cancel through the automated process. You will need the credit card you used to sign up with.
Old 09-23-02, 02:41 PM

bumping this up to see if anyone has received their issues yet... I've yet to get mine
Old 09-24-02, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still haven't gotten mine. THanks for reminding me. What's the number? I wanna call it and cancel.
Old 09-24-02, 02:15 AM
Registered

The first deal started less than 8 weeks ago. I put an order in as well and haven't gotten mine yet, so hold tight. I'll follow up with them tommorow and see what the story is
Old 09-30-02, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No issues for me either
Old 09-30-02, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I still wanna call and cancel. What's the number for their customer service?
Old 10-03-02, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i just signed up a few days ago so i know that it's gonna take awhile for mine to start, but i am very interested to see if anyone else gets theirs.
Old 10-03-02, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok I did mine on Aug 18th.

I figure i will need to wait till the end of october before worrying. when did you all sign up?

http://www.netmagazines.com/contactus.html

they have a 206 number but the top of the page has an 800 number for orders. not sure if you can cancel thru that however.
Old 10-03-02, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

called and cancelled - rude rude rude. She got all snippy after I said I wanted to cancel and she's like "fine I'll cancel you, thanks bye" click. She hung up before I could say anything. WTF? It's like a one person operation or something. Shady. Legit businesses would give you a confirmation number or some such thing or at least stick with you until they confirm that the order has been cancelled in their system. Plus - I've worked in telemarketing before on both ends (incoming calls and outgoing) and one of the first rules is that you never hang up first... I'll never do business with them again.
Old 10-03-02, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Trigger
called and cancelled - rude rude rude. She got all snippy after I said I wanted to cancel and she's like "fine I'll cancel you, thanks bye" click. She hung up before I could say anything. WTF? It's like a one person operation or something. Shady. Legit businesses would give you a confirmation number or some such thing or at least stick with you until they confirm that the order has been cancelled in their system. Plus - I've worked in telemarketing before on both ends (incoming calls and outgoing) and one of the first rules is that you never hang up first... I'll never do business with them again.
glad you got it cancelled since you were not happy with the deal change and time frame.

call or write your credit card company and dispute the charge if you are concerned. that way if the credit does not show up you are protected.
Old 10-03-02, 09:26 PM
Premium Member

Originally posted by Static Cling
How long has it been? The magazine website said something about 6-14 weeks before the first issue, I think... if it's been beyond that, I'd look on the website for contact info and ask them what the deal was.
Up to 3+ months to start a mag subscription?? That's unacceptable. Did not realize that. Looking into cancelling also.
Old 10-04-02, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dang, guys, you should call the BBB about this.
Old 10-04-02, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I looked at the charge on my cc; it was 8/01/02. I guess i still have about 6 weeks before i start worrying.

Nevertheless I wish I would have known that they really meant up to 14 weeks. Considering cancelling...
Old 10-06-02, 12:45 AM

The pop up for this deal is back. I think that's pretty crumby considering how bad the service has been since the last time this deal ran. There are people, me included, who are having problem with the last deal.

This vendor has known service issues so why are new ads just now starting to run again?
Old 10-06-02, 01:06 AM
Admin Emeritus

In the other thread in Hot Deals about the magazine offer, I believe Geoff said that he was going to have a phone conference on Tuesday with these people and ask them what was up. Hopefully we will hear an update after Tuesday.
Old 10-06-02, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I still say it's shady Static.

This whole situation was "too good to be true"

we were asked to buy a sub to help out DVDTalk, and now we are feeling cheated

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.