Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why can't we delete our own closed threads?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-02, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed that my thread about Playstation 2 in the video game forum was closed. It really made me mad, and I don't know why. I have had threads closed before, but something about this just rubbed me the wrong way. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I just wasn't expecting the smart ass comments I got from it (including from a moderator). But probably the most frustrating thing is not being able to reply back to the users who make me look stupid. I guess I would just like to be able to delete the whoe thing if I'm not able to respond to the criticism. It's just damn frustrating.
Old 07-08-02, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
The definition of a closed thread is that nothing in it can be changed. If you would like it deleted, use the "Report this post to a moderator" to notify the moderators for that forum, and I'm sure they will be happy to accomodate you.
Old 07-08-02, 06:29 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm the "smart-ass moderator" in question, I guess. But when you say things like:

Just make me feel like if I don't go tomorow and grab one (along with GTA3) that I am a total and complete ass. Thanks!
it seems that you'd be up for a little ribbing. Apparently I thought wrong.

Like Todd said, if you'd like us to delete the thread, report it, and we'll take care of it for you.
Old 07-08-02, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
I'm the "smart-ass moderator" in question, I guess. But when you say things like:

it seems that you'd be up for a little ribbing. Apparently I thought wrong.

Like Todd said, if you'd like us to delete the thread, report it, and we'll take care of it for you.

I apologize, and I understand what you mean. I shouldn't have even mentioned you in my comments. I suppose I was mostly mad about the other comment, and I mentioned yours as a way to vent. I was really mad last night for some reason, and I probably overreacted to the whole thing.
Old 07-08-02, 10:28 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plus leaving closed threads there lets other members see what isn't acceptable.

As pointed out in that post, that topic has been posted numerous times, and they generally just lead to console bashing which is against the forum rules.

If you still need advice, do a search, there a couple of excellent, long threads on the pros and cons of each system.