Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Ok, why was this thread closed?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-02, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=196810

It wasn't a parody thread. Basically i was wondering if you could find someone of the same sex as attractive.

I thought that closed threads would be given a reason for the closing from now on but i guess i was wrong.
Old 04-02-02, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Though I am not the one that closed your thread, it is best to email a mod (any mod) about it instead of creating another thread because of it. Also, I really can't give you a reason on why your thread was closed because I wasn't around at the time that it happened. But, looking at the thread on the subject matter and the posts it contained, I don't see a reason why it would have been closed--unless you were creating a thread that appeared to be a parody, or you were creating several threads in succession--which we don't like.

An explanation for closing a thread isn't always given, especially when the mod that closed it may be busy at the time, and is unable to do so because of real-world events that need to be taken care of. Again, all of us mods would appreciate it if these things could be handled through email.
Old 04-03-02, 01:01 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Ok, why was this thread closed?

Originally posted by vapoRware
I thought that closed threads would be given a reason for the closing from now on but i guess i was wrong.
Not that I want to continue this discussion (as I'm quite tired of one thread started here for every thread closed in Other) but what gave you the idea that "closed threads would be given a reason for the closing from now on"? I haven't heard about that.
Old 04-03-02, 02:04 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As already pointed out, the best way to handle these types of questions is to email the moderators. It doesn't really matter which moderator you email, as if the one you contact doesn't know the answer, they can easily contact the rest of us to get the appropriate answer.

And as X points out, while we try to provide explanations for thread closings (as time permits) we won't always do it. Not every thread closing needs an explanation. Parody threads have been regularly closed for some time now. We can only type "Closing parody thread" so many times before getting capal tunnel.

Let's continue this via email. If you have further questions, try starting off by emailing the Other forum mods.

Thanks.