Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

DVD Talk Newletters in Hotmail = Junk Mail

Old 07-23-01, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DVD Talk Newletters in Hotmail = Junk Mail

Since Hotmail has added the new "junk mail" folder, all the DVD Talk newsletters have been sent to that folder rather than the Inbox. Just FYI, not sure if you can do anything about it, since it probably is controlled by the bulk mailing utility you use.

- Jon Lord
Old 07-23-01, 11:57 PM
Registered

I think Hotmail has a feature where you can notify them if something that ISN'T Junkmail is getting caught in your Junkmail folder.

Also try Yahoo Mail. It's about 1000X better that Hotmail and isn't run by Micro$oft.
Old 07-24-01, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by gkleinman
I think Hotmail has a feature where you can notify them if something that ISN'T Junkmail is getting caught in your Junkmail folder.

Also try Yahoo Mail. It's about 1000X better that Hotmail and isn't run by Micro$oft.
Ok, I'll check into that.

Despite Hotmail's numerous amounts of spam, overall I've been fairly pleased with it. I have Yahoo accounts, but I rarely use them.

- Jon Lord
Old 07-24-01, 01:09 AM

I love your spelling of Microsoft. I was taken in by the $400 instant rebate when I got my PC and thus have had to deal with the piss poor service of MSN ever since. I can't wait until my three years is up so I can find a far more capable ISP. Bill Gate$ needs to put some more money into customer service and tech help training.
Old 07-24-01, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just signed up to yahoo.

I'm giving up on hotmail.
Old 07-24-01, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's just what they want you to think. Microsoft runs EVERYTHING! [Troy refers to the "Intel Inside" logo on the back of his neck]
Old 07-25-01, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by codefree

I love your spelling of Microsoft. I was taken in by the $400 instant rebate when I got my PC and thus have had to deal with the piss poor service of MSN ever since. I can't wait until my three years is up so I can find a far more capable ISP. Bill Gate$ needs to put some more money into customer service and tech help training.
yeah i did that $400 rebate also. however they had a statement that you could cancel at anytime and not pay them back so I get a 27" TV and I cancelled in two weeks when i did not like it. if you lived in California or Oregon check your agreement since maybe you can cancel without paying them back