Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Can we stop bashing in threads?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Can we stop bashing in threads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-01, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Moderators,

The bashing I am talking about is when someone posts a thread, what is the best price on XXXX or Whats your favorite scene from YYYY and then someone comes in and says [/i] That movie sucks, why would you want to buy/watch that[/i] etc etc. It is really frustrating. If you dont like the movie, go create another thread or simple ignore the one that is praising it. Constructive criticism is fine but I don't believe the above type things constitute constructive.
I'm sure this may be difficult to police, but its gotten really out of hand lately.

BothanSpy
Old 06-24-01, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Agreed! Specially that it is difficult to police and it seems much more frequent. IMO, it is getting to the point that mods need to get more strict in a couple of forums.

Randyc
Many mods died to bring you this information.
Old 06-24-01, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Originally posted by randyc
Many mods died to bring you this information.

I am sorry for your loss.

BothanSpy
Old 06-24-01, 05:22 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I started a big "Stop off-topic movie bashing thread" a while back. I got a good bit of support, but nothing was really done other than DVDer and Kenwood warning a few members. There is no reason to say "X movie sucks" or even "X movie rocks" in a thread asking for deals, release dates, specs, etc. If you want to bash/praise a movie, do so in a thread discussing the merits of the movie. People asking a specific question about price, problems, specs, etc. don't give a rat's ass what you thought about the movie. People in a thread reviewing/discussing the merits of the movie do. Keep your comments in the appropriate thread. Offenders should be warned, suspended on second offense, and banned on third offense.
Old 06-24-01, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree that this has become a big problem lately, and as I said in TexasGuy's thread, I've been contacting more members directly as a result. Another thing that might help a little is if members try to ignore the hijacking/bashing. I know that is easier said than done, but quoting and replying to the types of posts in question often inflames the situation. E-mail a mod and we'll handle it as quickly as we can.

--Heather