Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why does this 5 page Star Wars thread still exist?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Why does this 5 page Star Wars thread still exist?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-01, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...7&pagenumber=5

It is in the DVD Talk forum, and is, per the title, clearly a review thread:
Star Wars DVDs - Reviews

Hmmm... I'm not aware of any Star Wars DVD's released. VCD's maybe, especially bootlegs thereof.

and just looking at the few messages on page 5, I get the disturbing impression that this is really a bootleg thread.

Wyatt: "Even the cheesiest bootleggers send the cover art. I'd send them back if you can. If you email me, I help you out with better selers. Good luck."

Lancer1: "Shrunk wrapped for that "official" feeling. Make no mistake, it's not DVD quality but it sure beats the heck out of the VHS set I passed along to mom and dad. Hey George.... you snooze you lose, buddy. Bite me!"

Pasolini: "just wanted to add that it will be really interesting when TPM is released in an official dvd, (re: my comments above on the digital effects in the bootleg)."

MisterPib: "Has anyone found new covers for the boots? I know about the SE covers, which are very nice, but I'd like to find non-SE covers."

Moviestalker: "Which set of bootlegs are you referring to. The orginial trilogy or the special edition. None of mine (the original series) have any of the issues you guys speak of."

Just wondering why this one is allowed to exist. Kinda hard not to notice a 5-page thread...
Old 06-19-01, 12:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old topic. As long as they do not discuss where or how to purchase the Star Wars DVD's from Overseas, Geoff has allowed it. The thread author and the Mods have watched the thread and those rules have been followed.

Read this thread for more on this subject:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=102076
Old 06-19-01, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, heck... I knew there had to be a reason!

[edited to add, I did not read it from the beginning, just looked at page 5, and I don't want to offend any more people with my pretensiousness]

[Edited by Y2K Falcon on 06-19-01 at 10:45 AM]