DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Titanic Playback Problem? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/658619-titanic-playback-problem.html)

smurrlock 12-06-23 11:24 AM

Titanic Playback Problem?

Just picked up the 4k disc and after it states “HDR” I get just a whit screen and it will not play!!! Anyone else experience anything like this??? Walmart will NOT exchange ir as it has been opened! HELP- Thanks

BobO'Link 12-06-23 01:44 PM

Re: Titanic Playback Problem?

Originally Posted by smurrlock (Post 14359559)
Just picked up the 4k disc and after it states “HDR” I get just a whit screen and it will not play!!! Anyone else experience anything like this??? Walmart will NOT exchange ir as it has been opened! HELP- Thanks

I'd ask for a manager... I've never had an issue doing an exchange of opened media.

That said, have you tried cleaning the disc?

DJariya 12-06-23 01:46 PM

How about updating your 4K players firmware?

smurrlock 12-06-23 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link (Post 14359620)
I'd ask for a manager... I've never had an issue doing an exchange of opened media.

That said, have you tried cleaning the disc?

yep a few times with a lens cloth but no luck- our local Walmart is pretty bad… always Out of stock etc. so will try one in town that is much better. thanks.

smurrlock 12-06-23 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 14359622)
How about updating your 4K players firmware?

No- not to feel dumb here but how does one do that? thanks

Meathead 12-06-23 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by smurrlock (Post 14359637)
No- not to feel dumb here but how does one do that? thanks

Assuming your player is connected to the internet, it should be in the options somewhere.

smurrlock 12-06-23 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meathead (Post 14359642)
Assuming your player is connected to the internet, it should be in the options somewhere.

Actually its not but will get an ethernet cord and check into it- thanks

jjcool 12-07-23 02:25 PM

Walmart won't return an open disc, but they should allow an exchange for the exact same item.

MrVette99 12-27-23 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jjcool (Post 14360012)
Walmart won't return an open disc, but they should allow an exchange for the exact same item.

I bought Ex Machina from Walmart. Bad skipping 1/2 way thru. Free return back to Walmart the very next day and an almost immediate refund to my Visa. The return took a day, because I did not have a printer and the Fed-Ex in Missoula printed out the return label that I had to email to them. Really above and beyond.

PhantomStranger 12-29-23 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by smurrlock (Post 14359559)

Have other 4K discs not worked for you? Maybe a lack of bandwidth? Do you have the proper HDMI cables necessary for 4K HDR? And yes, some Walmart locations will fight tooth and nail on returns of opened media. Walmart has to eat the cost of that disc when accepting opened returns.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...xoCjKIQAvD_BwE

nikkijo 03-15-24 09:41 PM

Wait! If it doesn't work they are supposed to exchange!
Try going back and talk to a different employee.

nikkijo 03-15-24 09:42 PM

That's right!
Unless you wait too long to return.

nikkijo 03-15-24 09:44 PM

If a tv doesn't work they won't refund or exchange?
Again it's the employee you are dealing with.