Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Hi-5 jump and shout dvd

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-19, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi-5 jump and shout dvd

Hi, I’m new to this forum. I may not be posting in the right section so if I am, please let me know that this post is in the wrong section and tell me the right section to post this.
Anyways, I have a Hi-5 jump and shout dvd (Region 4 australia). When I play the main feature, the video plays for about 2 seconds then it freezes for about 0.5 seconds then goes straight to 4 seconds and the video plays normally. when I try to rewind back to the beginning, it plays automatically at 4 seconds and I cannot rewind any further although I can skip back to chapter 1 and it’ll begin at 0 secs. I cannot rewind or fast forward until the counter reaches 4 seconds. Also, when the video freezes, the bitrate counter doesn’t display the bitrate, just like when I manually pause any dvd. I know that it might be copy protection that’s causing this to happen. I’ll post a video regarding this issue in my next post on this thread because I haven’t recorded it yet.
Old 04-24-19, 04:47 PM

Re: Hi-5 jump and shout dvd

Sorry. I realised I needed to make at least 30 posts to attach the link. Hopefully it will come soon.
Old 04-24-19, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

How many players have you tried it on? Could be an authoring glitch- I’ve seen a number of them over the years that crash some players but not others. My favorite is when the time counter stops but sound and picture keep playing a few seconds longer until freezing up.
Old 04-25-19, 04:30 PM

I’ve tried it on a Panasonic DMR-ES10 and the freeze happened but I don’t remember whether it happened about 2 times faster or not. I have also tried it on a Sony DAV-TZ140. It played the first 2 seconds and went straight to 4 seconds, skipping the freeze. There are also other discs that have a similar issue such as WALL-E (Region 4) where the video is frozen at 0 seconds for about 2 seconds on the Sony BDP-S3500 and about 1 second on my Xbox 360 Slim console on the latest firmware and it goes straight to 5 seconds. I can rewind back but when the counter reaches 3 seconds, it starts playing automatically. I have no problems playing both discs. I’m assuming the rewind issue may be copy protection with inaccessible areas. It is the way the disc was authored.
Old 04-26-19, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

I know Disney was using RipGuard then, which had bad segments at the beginning which players then skipped over- so when starting a movie you’d see it search several times at the 0:00 mark first.
Old 04-26-19, 06:12 PM

Aha! It was RipGuard that was causing the freeze! Case closed.