DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Please help me remember a movie title

Old 11-13-17, 08:26 AM

Please help me remember a movie title

This post is a bit different from the norm...

A friend and myself were having a discussion a few weeks ago and a movie that we watched back in the 80s came up, but neither of us can remember the name of that movie. After weeks of googling, I can't find any mention of this movie anywhere. Surely somebody here is up to the challenge!

We saw the movie I believe in the later 80s, perhaps early 90s, but i really think it was in the 80s. It was a movie about a young prostitute with a mentally handicapped brother that she supported. Her brother always wore earmuffs. She was a very positive young woman in the beginning of the movie, but by the end of the movie, everybody she cares about had been killed and she became very dark. It was similar in era, plot, etc... to the Angel series of movies.

Please help fill this void. I HATE when I get something like this in my head and can't resolve it
Old 12-16-17, 01:40 PM

Re: Please help me remember a movie title

Originally Posted by rdavis1972 View Post
This post is a bit different from the norm...

A friend and myself were having a discussion a few weeks ago and a movie that we watched back in the 80s came up, but neither of us can remember the name of that movie. After weeks of googling, I can't find any mention of this movie anywhere. Surely somebody here is up to the challenge!

We saw the movie I believe in the later 80s, perhaps early 90s, but i really think it was in the 80s. It was a movie about a young prostitute with a mentally handicapped brother that she supported. Her brother always wore earmuffs. She was a very positive young woman in the beginning of the movie, but by the end of the movie, everybody she cares about had been killed and she became very dark. It was similar in era, plot, etc... to the Angel series of movies.

Please help fill this void. I HATE when I get something like this in my head and can't resolve it
Nobody remembers this movie?
Old 12-18-17, 08:19 PM

Do you have any more info to go on? Name of a star? Anything?
Old 12-18-17, 08:55 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

There's Something About Mary
Old 12-18-17, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

This sounds familiar, I was gonna say it was Angel but it's already been said that's not it. Savage Streets maybe?
Old 12-19-17, 05:18 PM

I was thinking of Savage Streets, as well. But Linda Blair had a sister in that and not a brother. I wonder if There's Something About Mary is blending into the recollection?
Old 12-26-17, 10:34 PM

Thanks for the suggestions but it's neither of those. Unfortunately I've got nothing else to go on.