Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 10th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 10th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-14, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 10th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/

^Got 'em.

Originally Posted by indiephantom
Chad also mentioned tossing in trailer compilation DVDs to the Based on Drive-In ads theme, which is perfect since I've got a few of them sitting around unwatched.
Speaking of which, recently bought this:

I only wish it were split up by genre like some of the others. The purist in me wants to keep it strictly horror, and clicking on individual trailers is too time-consuming. Guess that means it'll be a pre-challenge watch.
Old 09-13-14, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 10th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/

BEFORE THEY WERE STARS

Click here to see who was in what.
If you're too lazy for that, wanna surprise yourself, or just don't give a damn...

Psycho Beach Party
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
Idle Hands
The Burning
Leprechaun
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Friday the 13th (1980)
The Sixth Sense
Critters 4
Haunted (1995)
I Still Know What You Last Summer
Poltergeist III
Tale of the Mummy
Dracula 2000
Once Bitten
The Exorcism of Emily Rose
Without Warning
Halloween II (1981)
Return to Horror High
Return of the Killer Tomatoes
Phenomena
The Jacket
Jacob's Ladder
Feast
Creepshow
The Stuff
A Study in Terror
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Critters 3
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Revenge of the Creature
Jack Frost
Monster in the Closet
The Pool
The Possessed (1977)
My Boyfriend's Back
The Sentinel (1977)
C.H.U.D.
The Lair of the White Worm
He Knows You're Watching
Ghoulies
Bride of Chucky
Bug Buster
Satan's School for Girls (2000)
Sabretooth
The Spell (1977)
Def By Temptation
The Hole (2001)
Piranha (1995)
Blade
Eyes of a Stranger (1981)
Freddy Vs. Jason
The Dead Will Tell (2004)
Troll
Revenge of the Red Baron (1994)
House II: The Second Story (1987)
Campfire Tales (1997)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994)
The Blob (1958)
Hangman's Curse (2003)
Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror (1998)
Parasite (1982)
Tales from the Darkside: The Movie (1990)
Prison (1988)
Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1992)
Interview with the Vampire
The Little Shop of Horrors (1960)
The Raven (1963)
The Terror (1963)
Wolfen
Ghost Cat
Near Dark
Deadly Invasion: The Killer Bee Nightmare (1995)
Lifeform (1996)
Cutting Class (1989)
Watchers (1988)
Boltneck (2000)
Jacob's Ladder (1990)
The People Under the Stairs (1991)
The Other (1972)
Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)
The Lottery (1996)
Incubus (1965)
Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)
Ghost of Mars
Highway to Hell (1992)
Deadly Blessing (1981)
Castle of the Living Dead (1964)
Sometimes They Come Back...Again (1996)
Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town (1991)
Grey Knight (1993)
The Devil's Rain (1975)
Carrie (1976)
Teenage Caveman (1958)
The Mind Snatchers (1972)
Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering (1996)
The Shaft (2001)
Species (1995)
House of 1000 Corpses
Critters

Old 09-13-14, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Anyone getting the new Halloween box set? Had a few questions. Seems like every year when I make a purchase of the new DVDs/blu-rays of a series, the box set comes out the next year. Last year got some new Halloween blu-rays and low and behold, the box set comes out this year.
I am. I have some canadian blu-ray that has 2 or three of the later films and a box set with Meyers' head on it that has the first on dvd/blu-ray, the tv version of the first, and then some dvds of some of the others.

I also pre-ordered the Saw set since it's crazy cheap and I'm missing the last one on blu-ray. The price for just the one makes it worth buying the new set so I can get it and some extra shelf space.
Old 09-13-14, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

MOTORCYCLE HORROR SUBCATEGORY: DIRT BIKES

Race with the Devil
Bigfoot (w/ John Carradine)
Eight Legged Freaks
The Hills Have Eyes Part II (1984)
Lost Boys: The Tribe
Demons
The Cabin in the Woods
The Watcher in the Woods
Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis
Nightbeast
Night of the Comet
The Blob (1988)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
Return of the Living Dead III

Old 09-13-14, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ASIAN HORROR SUBCATEGORY: FILIPINO HORROR FILMS

Terror is a Man (1959)
The Blood Drinkers (1964)
Curse of the Vampires (aka Creatures of Evil) (1966)
Brides of Blood (1968)
Mad Doctor of Blood Island (1968)
Beast of the Yellow Night (1971)
Blood Thirst (aka Blood Seekers) (1971)
Beast of Blood (1971)
Daughters of Satan (1972)
Night of the Cobra Woman (1972)
Superbeast (1972)
The Twilight People (1973)
Beyond Atlantis(1973)
The Deathhead Virgin (1974)
The Thirsty Dead (1974)
Vampire Hookers (1978)
The Queen of Black Magic (1983)
Demon of Paradise (1987)

Old 09-13-14, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad
Night of the Cobra Woman (1972)
This is still streaming on Netflix, right? I watched it for one of the exploitation challenges, but I'd love to include it for this year's horror challenge....
Marlene Clark

And, um, anyone know if Superbeast is available online anywhere? Joe Bob Briggs said it was THE worst movie that was ever aired on Monstervision. Which means I've gotta see that!
Old 09-14-14, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chad

MOTORCYCLE HORROR SUBCATEGORY: DIRT BIKES

Race with the Devil
Bigfoot (w/ John Carradine)
Eight Legged Freaks
The Hills Have Eyes Part II (1984)
Lost Boys: The Tribe
Demons
The Cabin in the Woods
The Watcher in the Woods
Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis
Nightbeast
Night of the Comet
The Blob (1988)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
Return of the Living Dead III

I bought the bluray steelbook thing with Demons and Demons 2, been anxiously awaiting the horror challenge to rewatch it but now I can use it for something
Old 09-14-14, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
This is still streaming on Netflix, right? I watched it for one of the exploitation challenges, but I'd love to include it for this year's horror challenge....
Marlene Clark

And, um, anyone know if Superbeast is available online anywhere? Joe Bob Briggs said it was THE worst movie that was ever aired on Monstervision. Which means I've gotta see that!
http://www.amazon.com/Superbeast-Ant...rds=superbeast

$2.99
Old 09-14-14, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
I am. I have some canadian blu-ray that has 2 or three of the later films and a box set with Meyers' head on it that has the first on dvd/blu-ray, the tv version of the first, and then some dvds of some of the others.

I also pre-ordered the Saw set since it's crazy cheap and I'm missing the last one on blu-ray. The price for just the one makes it worth buying the new set so I can get it and some extra shelf space.
Now I know with the Saw films, the extra bonus stuff was usually on the DVDs in the first couple of releases and the blu-ray was pretty bare bones. Is that the case with this set?

For Halloween, any new special features or will that stuff be crossed over? I'm huge on special features so I try to get the discs with the most bang.
Old 09-14-14, 06:38 PM

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I was thinking about the Saw BD set, but it's only 3 discs for 7 movies, which makes me wonder if it will have much, if any, special features. With word, or maybe just rumors, of an 8th movie, I wonder if a more complete set will be released in the future.
Old 09-14-14, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

I've got the Exorcist Anthology blu and Leprechaun set on pre-order, looking forward to those.

The Saw set seems bare bones, just films, even though prior blu-rays had more special features but for the price it's a great deal.
Originally Posted by jacob_b
For Halloween, any new special features or will that stuff be crossed over? I'm huge on special features so I try to get the discs with the most bang.
The Halloween Deluxe edition can be had for around $100 (or less) and has a disc full of bonus features; nevermind the previously unreleased producer's cut of Halloween 6.
Old 09-14-14, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cwileyy
I was thinking about the Saw BD set, but it's only 3 discs for 7 movies, which makes me wonder if it will have much, if any, special features. With word, or maybe just rumors, of an 8th movie, I wonder if a more complete set will be released in the future.
If there is an 8th movie, there will more than likely be another box set for $20. I've always seem them priced around $20, no matter the number of films in them.
Old 09-14-14, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A few days and headaches later...

Feedback is welcomed and encouraged! If you think any themes should be switched to a different day or just whatever let me know.

Subset selection starts tomorrow!

T
H
E
M
E

N
I
G
H
T
S

?? LINKS OF SUB-GENRES & BEYOND

2009 LIST | 2010 LIST | 2011 LIST | 2012 LIST | 2013 LIST

GOAL: To Sync 100% with the 31 Film Subset!

OBVIOUS ALERT: Some links don't contain a complete listing of all films from that specific theme and/or are outside the horror genre altogether.

DATE
THEME
EXAMPLES
Dawn of the Challenge Avant-garde & Surreal Minus the Mainstream Appeal - Criterion Crossover House, Antichrist, Eyes Without a Face, Kuroneko, Island of Lost Souls
Wednesday, October 1st Better Crypts and Mortuaries - Bathrooms, 2 & Kitchens Edition Curtains, Blood Diner, The Kindred, Brainiac, Blood Feast, The Collector
Thursday, October 2nd Mosquito Bites & Outdoor Frights - Summer-Themed Horror Films, 2, 3 Hiruko the Goblin, Piranha, Cheerleader Camp, Wolf Creek, Uncle Sam
Friday, October 3rd Nightmares & Dreamscapes - Dreams, 2, Hallucinations & Drug Trips, 2 Mill of the Stone Women, Jacob's Ladder, The Shining, Dust Devil
Saturday, October 4th Hilariously Maniacal Acne-Ridden Mashup - Horror Comedies, 2 & Teen Screams, 2 Life After Beth, Final Exam, Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil, Slither, The Burbs
Sunday, October 5th Gilligan's Island It Ain't; Isolation & Death Await - Deserted Island Horrors The Island, Long Weekend, Dagon, The Wicker Man, Zombie, Gothic
Monday, October 6th Revenge of the Chronological Horror Years Faceoff! - 1964 (50th) Vs. 1989 (25th) At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul, Castle of Blood, Santa Sangre, Society
Tuesday, October 7th Soundtracks In the Key of Death - Horror Films w/ Original Songs Daybreakers, Lifeforce, Dead-End Drive In, 28 Days Later, The Beyond
Wednesday, October 8th Lascivious Lychanthrope Lunacy (Werewolves / Were-Creatures) On A Full Moon The Howling, Silver Bullet, The Beast Within, Black Sheep, Subspecies
Thursday, October 9th Location-Based Retail Hellhole Death Duel: Part 1 - Foodservice Industry Terrors
Takes Place In Restaurants, Bars & Pubs. What's On The Menu? You, Of Course!
Blood Diner, The Monster Club, The Vault of Horror, The Gore Gore Girls
Lurkers, Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight, Shaun of the Dead
Friday, October 10th Innuendo, Demonic T&A, Some Prostitutes & A Dash of Not-So-Gentle Foreplay
Lesbians, Brothels & Sex Demons (An Erotic / Sexy Horror Films Spinoff)
The Vampire Lovers, The Incubus, Frankenhooker, High Tension
The Redeemer: Son of Satan!, The Entity, Vampyres, The Sinful Dwarf
Saturday, October 11th Print Media is Dead...Alive...Kicking & Screaming - 35 Years of Fangoria Covers Videodrome, Xtro, The Keep, Lifeforce, Ticks, Re-Animator, Nightbreed
Sunday, October 12th Die In Agony. Rest In Pieces. - Graveyard Horrors
Takes Place In a Cemetery, Morgue, Mortuary, Catacombs or a Funeral Home.
Phantasm, Cemetery Man, Mortuary, The Return of the Living Dead
Pet Sematary, City of the Living Dead, Mausoleum, The Tomb of Ligeia
Monday, October 13th Embarrassment Level Exceeded; IMDB Entry Deleted - Before They Were Stars, 2 Lair of the White Worm, Prison, The Possessed, Eyes of a Stranger
Tuesday, October 14th Vroom! Vroom! Decapitation, Mutilation, Death & Doom! Motorcycle Horrors, 2 Race with the Devil, Demons, The Lost Boys, Night of the Comet
Wednesday, October 15th Laden with MSG; Your Insides Will Bleed! The Asian Buffet of Tantalizing Terrors!
Korean / Thai / J-Horror / Indian / Chinese / Filipino, 2 / Indonesian
Three... Extremes, I Saw the Devil, Necromancer, Hiruko the Goblin
Kakashi, Marebito, Kaal, Re-cycle, Demon of Paradise, Mystics in Bali
Thursday, October 16th Location-Based Retail Hellhole Death Duel: Part 2 - Retail Establishment Terrors
Takes Place In Markets, Shopping Malls & Gas Stations. Slashing More Than Just Prices!
Chopping Mall, Intruder, Dawn of the Dead, The Mist, Body Bags
Bio Zombie, Martin, Splinter, Phantom of the Mall: Eric’s Revenge
Friday, October 17th Intertwined Deadly Domestic Dispute: Parental Units - Demented Dads & Bad Mothas The Stepfather, Mother's Day, The Hand, Inside, Mom, Frailty, Mama
Saturday, October 18th Some Defunct, But the Terrors Continue To Run Amok - 1980's Video Companies
VideoTron 2000 Says Support International Independent Video Store Day!
The Gruesome Twosome, Microwave Massacre, Pieces, Spider Baby
Simon: King of the Witches, The Demon Lover, Fury of the Wolfman
Sunday, October 19th It Slices! It Dices! It Circumcises! - Slashers, 2, 3 / Giallos, 2, 3, 4 / Serial Killers Opera, Curtains, A Dragonfly For Each Corpse, Night School, The Dark
Monday, October 20th Blood Sucking Freaks of the Apocalypse - Vampires & Apocalyptic Horror, 2 Let the Right One In, Stake Land, Thirst, The Hunger, Vampire in Venice
Tuesday, October 21st Demise & Dispair By Land & By Air - Planes, Trains, 2 & Automobiles The Night Flyer, Horror Express, Road Games, The Car, Raw Meat
Wednesday, October 22nd Intertwined Deadly Domestic Dispute: Killer Offspring - Sibling Rivalry Burn, Witch, Burn, The Raven, Trilogy of Terror, Stir of Echoes, Duel
Thursday, October 23rd Mario's Castle of Gimmicks & Gothic Gore
The 100th Birthday Celebration of Mario Bava & William Castle
Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, A Bay of Blood, Lisa and the Devil
House on Haunted Hill, The Tingler, Mr. Sardonicus, 13 Ghosts, Bug
Friday, October 24th Mausoleum Mayhem; Gangrene Brainstem! - Zombies, 2 Phantasm, The Devil Commands, Frankenstein, I Vampiri, F13 Part 6
Saturday, October 25th Mass Marathon of the Damned 5 - Drive-In Double Features, 2: It's Alive!
1. Brew Some Coffee. 2. Abandon Sleep. 3. Watch Whatever. 4. Survive.
Sunday, October 26th Ectoplasmic Delights; Strong Emotional Frights - Supernatural, 2, 3 & Quiet/Soft The Uninvited, The Others, The Woman in Black, The Innocents, House
Monday, October 27th Once, Twice, Three Times the Lacerations - Horror Anthologies, 2, 3, 4 Two Evil Eyes, Kwaidan, Body Bags, Tales From the Crypt, Nightmares
Tuesday, October 28th Identities...Conceal! Depraved Homicidal Maniacs Always Kill! - Masked Killers You're Next, The Redeemer: Son of Satan!, Torso, The Collector
Wednesday, October 29th Monsterama. Monsterpalooza. Monsteritis. - Creature Features, 2 Willard, The Descent, Leviathan, Dagon, The Killer Snakes, Gulyabani
Thursday, October 30th Demented Devil's Night Debauchery - Demonic Possession / Satanic / Witchcraft [REC]⁴: Apocalypse, Exorcismo, Evilspeak, Night of the Demon, Abby
Friday, October 31st All Hallows Eve Horrifically Hideous Hellfest - Halloween Related Idle Hands, Trick r' Treat, All Hallows' Eve, Dark Night of the Scarcrow
Copy & Paste Into Your List:

Spoiler:
--- 10/01: Better Crypts and Mortuaries - Bathrooms & Kitchens Edition -
--- 10/02: Mosquito Bites & Outdoor Frights - Summer-Themed Horror Films -
--- 10/03: Nightmares & Dreamscapes - Dreams, Hallucinations & Drug Trips -
--- 10/04: Hilariously Maniacal Acne-Ridden Mashup - Horror Comedies & Teen Screams -
--- 10/05: Gilligan's Island It Ain't; Isolation & Death Await - Deserted Island Horrors -
--- 10/06: Revenge of the Chronological Horror Years Faceoff! - 1964 (50th) Vs. 1989 (25th) -
--- 10/07: Soundtracks In the Key of Death - Horror Films w/ Original Songs -
--- 10/08: Lascivious Lychanthrope Lunacy (Werewolves / Were-Creatures) On A Full Moon -
--- 10/09: What's On The Menu? You, Of Course! Foodservice Industry Terrors -
--- 10/10: Innuendo, Demonic T&A, Some Prostitutes & A Dash of Not-So-Gentle Foreplay - Lesbians, Brothels & Sex Demons -
--- 10/11: Print Media is Dead...Alive...Kicking & Screaming - 35 Years of Fangoria Covers -
--- 10/12: Die In Agony. Rest In Pieces. - Graveyard Horrors -
--- 10/13: Embarrassment Level Exceeded; IMDB Entry Deleted - Before They Were Stars -
--- 10/14: Vroom! Vroom! Decapitation, Mutilation, Death & Doom! Motorcycle Horrors -
--- 10/15: Laden with MSG; Your Insides Will Bleed! The Asian Buffet of Tantalizing Terrors! -
--- 10/16: Slashing More Than Just Prices! - Retail Establishment Terrors -
--- 10/17: Intertwined Deadly Domestic Dispute: Parental Units - Demented Dads & Bad Mothas -
--- 10/18: Some Defunct, But the Terrors Continue To Run Amok - 1980's Video Companies -
--- 10/19: It Slices! It Dices! It Circumcises! - Slashers / Giallos / Serial Killers -
--- 10/20: Blood Sucking Freaks of the Apocalypse - Vampires & Apocalyptic Horror -
--- 10/21: Demise & Dispair By Land & By Air - Planes, Trains & Automobiles -
--- 10/22: Intertwined Deadly Domestic Dispute: Killer Offspring - Sibling Rivalry -
--- 10/23: Mario's Castle of Gimmicks & Gothic Gore
The 100th Birthday Celebration of Mario Bava & William Castle -
--- 10/24: Mausoleum Mayhem; Gangrene Brainstem! - Zombies -
--- 10/25: Mass Marathon of the Damned 5 - Drive-In Double Features: It's Alive! -
--- 10/26: Ectoplasmic Delights; Strong Emotional Frights - Supernatural & Quiet / Soft -
--- 10/27: Once, Twice, Three Times the Lacerations - Horror Anthologies -
--- 10/28: Identities...Conceal! Depraved Homicidal Maniacs Always Kill! - Masked Killers -
--- 10/29: Monsterama. Monsterpalooza. Monsteritis. - Creature Features -
--- 10/30: Demented Devil's Night Debauchery - Demonic Possession / Satanic / Witchcraft -
--- 10/31: All Hallows Eve Horrifically Hideous Hellfest - Halloween Related -

T
H
E
M
E

N
I
G
H
T
S

Last edited by Chad; 09-25-14 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-14-14, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Love it, great job Chad. Once, Twice, Three Times the Lacerations!
Old 09-14-14, 10:36 PM

Looks great Chad! :-) I definitely appreciate your work putting together everything for this awesome challenge. My mind is running with ideas for a subset suggestion now, will post some ideas soon.
Old 09-14-14, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Yeah! Those theme days are epic!

Will mill over things and post some subset suggestions tomorrow.
Old 09-14-14, 10:51 PM

Some ideas just came to me so I'll put my subset ideas now. For an underrated graveyard type horror (it fits other categories but it'd be a spoiler say what else exactly) is: Open Grave (2013) this movie is pretty awesome for a lesser known horror that would probably spark good discussion, it's only available through amazon streaming paid to rent though I believe so if that isn't a good idea then I suggest Oculus (top choice) or The Quiet Ones for quiet/soft horror since those are films I had in mind when suggesting the theme.

Last edited by arw6040; 09-15-14 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-15-14, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Some subset suggestions just off the top of my head.
Horror Films with Original Songs--Ben, The Blob (1958), Phantom of the Paradise, Repo: The Genetic Opera, Cat People (1982)
Bathrooms and Kitchens--Bad Milo and Dead Sushi (two of my favorite first-time viewings from last year)
Demented Dads & Bad Mothas--Parents, The Brood, Psycho
Retail Establishment Terrors--The Mist, Feast, Splinter, Maximum Overdrive, Motel Hell

Last edited by Gobear; 09-16-14 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-15-14, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

Open Grave (2013) this movie is pretty awesome for a lesser known horror that would probably spark good discussion, it's only available through amazon streaming paid to rent though I believe so if that isn't a good idea then I suggest Oculus (top choice) or The Quiet Ones for quiet/soft horror since those are films I had in mind when suggesting the theme.
Open Grave is also available on Starz VOD. But that one's listed as 2014. Same movie? Or am I seeing double again? (ala those two Detentions from last year)
Old 09-15-14, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Rats: Night Of Terror for Oct 29th (Creature Feature)?

Can be had digitally from Amazon for $3, the DVD runs in the $5 range and the blurry double feature is in the $15 range (May also be available on Netflix?)
Old 09-15-14, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
Open Grave is also available on Starz VOD. But that one's listed as 2014. Same movie? Or am I seeing double again? (ala those two Detentions from last year)
It's listed as 2013 on imdb if it's the one directed by Gonzalo López-Gallego then it's the right one. He also directed Apollo 18 which I haven't seen. I recommend it to those who can see it regardless of whether it's a subset pick or not. I wish I saved it for seeing it the first time during the challenge, saw it in a few months ago, but it won't be for everyone.
Old 09-15-14, 06:39 AM

For the 'bathroom' subset, I would like to once again recommend my favourite film from last year: Stalled. The low rating is a lie!

And I was also given the hat in the film by the lead actor, so y'all can be jealous of the only bit of movie memorabilia I own
Old 09-15-14, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just fantastic Chad! I'm more excited about the unveiling of this list than any other geeky film event of the year. It's a helluva great lineup of themes and the order feels just perfect to me. Working more this year, but still planning a film a day and more on days off/weekends.

For the Graveyard Horrors day I would recommend the Buried Alive made-for-TV flicks. First couple star Tim Matheson. Watched them a few months ago and really enjoyed (well, the first one especially). I'm going to watch the 2007 version for this challenge.

I'm pretty obsessed with the 1980's Video Companies idea and I've booked that Saturday off of work well in advance just to take advantage of it. So, for that day the films/companies I'm hoping to tackle myself are:

Key Video might be of high interest to people this year, because of the amount of stuff just arriving or already available on blu-ray. I've pre-ordered Killer Fish, but not sure if that's arriving on or before that day. But they also released Phantom of the Paradise, Damnation Alley, Dark Night of the Scarecrow and Night School. Definitely planning on a couple of those.
Also looking to watch something from these:
Camp Video: Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers, Evil Spawn
Magnum Entertainment: Nail Gun Massacre, Poor White Trash II, Killing Spree

That and Drive-In ads weekend, along with all the slasher-related days (Masked killers, Summer-themed horror, etc) are the days I hope to get the most watches in.

If we're still doing individual subset recommendations, put me down for sure.

Last edited by indiephantom; 09-15-14 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-15-14, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by arw6040
I suggest Oculus (top choice) or The Quiet Ones for quiet/soft horror since those are films I had in mind when suggesting the theme.
Was planning to watch either or both of these for that night. Like to throw in a few newer films when I get the chance.

Speaking of that, can anyone confirm if Wolf Creek 2 is a summer-related title. I'm assuming it is, since the first one was?
Old 09-15-14, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

For Creature Features, I know quite a few Godzilla movies are on Hulu or Netflix Instant.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.