Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

john lehr's comment about Quickdraw being released to dvd.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-14, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if there are a lot of John Lehr fans out there. I know "10 items or less" received good reviews on here. Since netflix has had success releasing their original shows on dvd, I asked Hulu on their facebook page if they had plans on releasing some of their original shows on dvd /blu. They said they they have no plans at this time . I asked John Lehr on his page if he wished to have "Quickdraw" released on dvd since it was his show, his response was
"Of course. I want Quick Draw on any and all media. 8 track tape would be fantastic. The new apples don't even come with DVD drives now. Things are moving fast." I get he was being funny and making a joke but do most people really have that attitude toward dvd. I understand that many believe dvd/ blu may be a dying market but do most put it in the same catagory as 8tracks.
In no way am I critisizing Mr. Lehr, he took the time to answer and I appreciate it, but it raised the question in which I asked.

Last edited by paradicelost; 07-21-14 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-21-14, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 339 Likes on 258 Posts
Re: john lehr's comment about Quickdraw being released to dvd.

He'll probably have a different answer when the show gets taken off Hulu. (STILL don't see why ANYONE would actually PAY for Hulu- I'd almost rather pay money to be hit on the head with a hammer.)
Old 07-21-14, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
He'll probably have a different answer when the show gets taken off Hulu. (STILL don't see why ANYONE would actually PAY for Hulu- I'd almost rather pay money to be hit on the head with a hammer.)
One word: Criterion.

Hulu has a wealth of films under the Criterion label, including films that have never been released on home video.
Also, $8 a month for Hulu+ is cheaper than $200/month for cable.
Old 07-21-14, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gobear
One word: Criterion.

Hulu has a wealth of films under the Criterion label, including films that have never been released on home video.
Also, $8 a month for Hulu+ is cheaper than $200/month for cable.
You must not read Alan's posts and his disdain for anything not on physical media from 20 years ago.
Old 07-21-14, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 339 Likes on 258 Posts

OK, for the purpose of this discussion just forget I ever said I hated Hulu. Main point is that they don't keep content on there forever, so one day having it on disc might be the only way to see it. Having said that, I'll admit that I don't see much use for Netflix series like House of Cards on disc- Granted I haven't watched that, but seems I'd have to REALLY like it to buy it when I can watch it on Netflix (with no commercials or screen clutter) as long as I keep subscribing to it- I'd be pretty surprised if their original content got taken off, though it could happen. (And obviously if I bought one of their shows on disc, I'd want it with better quality than Netflix can deliver, which means Blu-Ray and not standard DVD.)