Three's Company - 29-DVD 'Complete Series' Set is Coming to Knock On Your Door

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-14, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Thr...e-Series/19904

No street date yet, or other details, but Amazon is taking pre-orders for this DVD set
Posted by David Lambert
6/10/2014

From 2003 to 2006, Anchor Bay released DVD season sets of all 8 seasons from the show. Now the studio appears to be going back and collecting all of that into a new release, "Three's Company - The Complete Series: Come And Knock On Our Door Collection." This set's box art (see below) says that it includes "All 174 Episodes! Plus 2 Early Episodes Not Seen In Original Broadcast!" The latter, of course, refers to the original two pilots. Both included John Ritter as "Jack," as well as both actors who played the Ropers, but the first pilot included Valerie Curtin as "Jenny" and Susanne Zenor as "Samantha." The second pilot brought in Joyce DeWitt as "Janet," but in it "Crissy Snow" was played by Susan Lanier instead of the eventual star, Suzanne Somers. Price for this big new 29-DVD release is $134.98 SRP, but you can pre-order it from Amazon at a discount using the button link below. Our thanks to one of our readers, "James," for pointing it out to us! There's no specific release date yet (Amazon merely says "This title has not yet been released. You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives."), but stay tuned and we'll update you when we get that info!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Thr...#ixzz34HuUXQuy

Man, I have been waiting for this. I wish this set was trying to be super complete and include "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd."
Old 06-10-14, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Three's Company - 29-DVD 'Complete Series' Set is Coming to Knock On Your Door

Did they ever fix the Season Five Disc with "A Crowded Romance?" Half the episode has major ghosting.

I too wish the two seasons of the Ropers were included.
Old 06-10-14, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Three's Company - 29-DVD 'Complete Series' Set is Coming to Knock On Your Door

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Thr...e-Series/19904

Man, I have been waiting for this. I wish this set was trying to be super complete and include "The Ropers" and "Three's A Crowd."
Will this also include "The Ropers" as part of this set? Still not sure if it was a spin off to this show or included as part of the series or a separate series all together?
Old 06-10-14, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the exact-same number of discs as the individual seasons, so I'm quite sure this is just a re-package and no additional bonuses (and no Ropers or Crowd).

Most likely, the exact-same discs, too, so don't get your hopes up about any mistakes getting fixed, though I suppose it is possible (especially if they think they can get people to double-dip).
Old 06-11-14, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Not enough room on the box for Cindy and Larry?
Old 06-11-14, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^Or Lana?
Old 06-11-14, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Maybe they're behind the door.
Old 06-11-14, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mythmaker18
It's the exact-same number of discs as the individual seasons, so I'm quite sure this is just a re-package and no additional bonuses (and no Ropers or Crowd).

Most likely, the exact-same discs, too, so don't get your hopes up about any mistakes getting fixed, though I suppose it is possible (especially if they think they can get people to double-dip).
It would have been nice if they would have included both The Ropers and Three's a Crowd with this newest set, but oh well.
Old 06-11-14, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Was hoping it was via Mill Creek, would have been cheaper
Old 06-12-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice set and I'm pass those set and this is great show through...

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Not enough room on the box for Cindy and Larry?
Maybe Anchor Bay forgot to add it with Cindy and Larry on the cover.

Originally Posted by JJE-187
Was hoping it was via Mill Creek, would have been cheaper
I would love to putting Mill Creek but sadly
Old 06-12-14, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by mythmaker18

Yep, it certainly appears as if it's just a repackaging.
Old 06-30-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts

Yep. Just a repackage and an Amazon exclusive to boot. Which makes me think that the price probably won't drop very quickly.

Three's Company - New Box Shot, Date, and info about Retailer Exclusivity

Coming in August
Posted by Gord Lacey
6/24/2014

A few weeks ago we had news that Three's Company would be out in a complete series set later this year. Now we have some new information to share with you. This is an Amazon exclusive, and won't be available in bricks-and-mortar stores; your only way to buy it is through the popular eTailer.

We also have a new look at the packaging, including a shot of the individual cases inside the slipcover. You'll notice that the sets are broken up into two-season packages inside, though we don't know what type of case they're using. The set contains 4264 mins, and will be the same transfers are the previously-released season sets. The set will be released on August 19th.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Thr...#ixzz36AFbv7RR
Old 07-10-14, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by hasslein
^Or Lana?
Or Felipe or Mr. Angelino?
Old 07-10-14, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, Lana made the opening credits for her brief stint...
Old 07-10-14, 02:44 PM

Well, Lana made the opening credits for her brief stint...
I really thought Lana was quite the fox when I caught the reruns during my formative years. Found her much more attractive than any of the roommates. Was disappointed her stay on the show was so short-lived!
Old 07-10-14, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to the Chris Mann book, That's why they got rid of her. It made no sense that Jack didn't bang her.
Old 07-11-14, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

According to the Chris Mann book, That's why they got rid of her. It made no sense that Jack didn't bang her.
I never understood why they made Jack so unattracted to her for that brief season she was in? Jack and Larry's whole life was sleeping with as many girls as possible, and Jack didn't want a girl like Lana?
Old 07-11-14, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've always wanted to read that book but the secondary prices for it I see are insane.
Old 07-11-14, 09:57 PM

Received 1,912 Likes on 1,128 Posts

Then it's our job to get a lot of people to click the link that tells Amazon we want it on Kindle.

I have most of the seasons already, at least one of them unopened for years. Not sure I'd get this but this was my absolute favorite show when I was a little boy. Jack Tripper was so, so funny.
Old 07-11-14, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
I never understood why they made Jack so unattracted to her for that brief season she was in? Jack and Larry's whole life was sleeping with as many girls as possible, and Jack didn't want a girl like Lana?
Back then, the idea of a horny older woman was more of a punchline; the whole MILF/cougar thing didn't really take off until twenty years later. It would seemed 'icky' or at least strange for Jack to have screwed a woman fifteen years older than he was in the 1970s. Now, not so much.
Old 07-12-14, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by robin2099
I've always wanted to read that book but the secondary prices for it I see are insane.
Joyce Dewitt & the author signed mine
Old 07-14-14, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Back then, the idea of a horny older woman was more of a punchline; the whole MILF/cougar thing didn't really take off until twenty years later. It would seemed 'icky' or at least strange for Jack to have screwed a woman fifteen years older than he was in the 1970s. Now, not so much.
Its funny you said that, because when I watched Three's Company as a kid (I was around 8 years old when this particular season aired), stuff like that went right over my head. Maybe I shouldn't have been watching TV shows like this at that age, but I just thought Jack needed a place to live at that time cause he couldn't afford the rent on his own!
Old 07-14-14, 11:43 AM

I guess the whole 'cougar' thing flew over my head. I didn't see Lana as being that much older than the other girls on the show, but this is, of course, from an adolescent mind, who pretty much distinguishes only three groups: little girls, hotties, and grannies (or maybe a fourth group of 'mommies' between those last two)!
Old 07-17-14, 10:56 AM

I'd love to have this on Blu-ray, but maybe that wouldn't make a difference. It was shot on videotape, right?
Old 07-18-14, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brian
I'd love to have this on Blu-ray, but maybe that wouldn't make a difference. It was shot on videotape, right?
This show was shot on NTSC videotape, so there's no good reason to release this on blu-ray. Less compression maybe, but otherwise, picture quality gains would be negligible. It'd be more about space-saving and would, frankly, cause confusion in the general marketplace, as most people expect blu-ray discs to consist (at least primarily) of HD material, and not be solely made up of SD material.

I don't know of any instance where blu-rays containing only SD material have ever been released in the US. There have been a few instances of this 'space saving' measure being implemented in Germany, I think, and I've seen reviews on forums where people are warning others to 'stay away' from those releases so they don't get tricked into thinking they're high-def.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.