Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

So I Saw This Ad On Craigslist...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-14, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: So I Saw This Ad On Craigslist...

I guess she/he not listing the titles available - or at least taking close up photos of the titles are why they are still sitting there in the home with two small children...
Old 06-15-14, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Smokes and doesn't know how to capitalize words. Classic.
Old 06-16-14, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

i just don't understand this "two young children who take up all of my time" thing. I have a 2 year old, and I'm pretty sure i have a spare 30 minutes to type out all of these titles into an excel spreadsheet, organize it automatically and cut and paste the output.

I just wish someone had tried to F with her and posted about it on CL.
Old 06-18-14, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

The baby wipes just make me think that there is fecal matter on those discs.
Old 06-18-14, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
The baby wipes just make me think that there is fecal matter on those discs.
I think statistically, there's a better chance than not that fecal matter is on and in everything.
Old 06-18-14, 12:59 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts

We should work hard to try and decipher as many of the titles as possible and jim can send her our list so she has something to work with as she builds the next ad.

I'll start. I see Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, and Spider-Man 3.
Old 06-18-14, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Right before the Spider-Man's are X-Men 1-3, Origins: Wolverine and First Class. The second shelf has Star Wars 1-6 and apparently another Star Wars disc. Further in that shelf is Clerks, Clerks the Animated Series, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma(?), (?), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks II.
Old 06-19-14, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just reposted the same old "FINAL PRICE DROP" ad again yesterday. I wonder how many times the 2 small children have been insulted by low ball offers ?
Old 06-19-14, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Can't see this person really appreciating the humor of Clerks. Maybe they actually posted the ad as a joke, and don't even expect to sell these?
Old 06-20-14, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Well at least they are priced to sell fastly.
Old 06-22-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by story
We should work hard to try and decipher as many of the titles as possible and jim can send her our list so she has something to work with as she builds the next ad.

I'll start. I see Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, and Spider-Man 3.
I see
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup
Men Alone II: the KY Connection
Old 06-22-14, 07:50 PM

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
Right before the Spider-Man's are X-Men 1-3, Origins: Wolverine and First Class. The second shelf has Star Wars 1-6 and apparently another Star Wars disc. Further in that shelf is Clerks, Clerks the Animated Series, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma(?), (?), Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks II.
Ah, if those uniform black cases are Star Wars, I think it could be Spaceballs on their left...

I, Robot on top right, and at least one Bale Batman in the top middle.

Last edited by ntnon; 06-22-14 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-22-14, 08:09 PM

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

It just occurred to me... it is a quicker task than listing titles, but there's an exact-seeming number of titles there, for someone so pressed for time!
Old 07-05-14, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reposted again on Wednesday, July 2nd.
Old 07-05-14, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

She needs to just take CLOSER photos of the films.
Old 07-13-14, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

AT LEAST 300 DVD's For Sale - $600 (Warren) First question, what belongs to the DVDs you are selling? Second question, negative $600? Are you paying me to take them?

Selling off my ENTIRE collection. Priced to sell fastly! I would expect no less from someone who typed this add out drunkly.

There are BETWEEN 300-325 DVD's in this collection. Price comes to LESS than $2.00 a piece. Only if there are more than 300.

DO the MATH! And you will see I'm RIGHT! I know your wife never tells you that, so I will say it: you ARE right ... if there are more than 300 DVDs.

Will NOT separate. Obviously she is making you sell off your DVD collection -- divorce would be more appropriate than a separation.

No you can not come to my home and "cherry pick" through them. We have two very young children here and will not have that going on. I would say "cherry picking" is how you ended up with two kids.

Priced to sell fastly. Yep, you said that. Twicely.

Price is negotiable but will not accept low ball offers. NO trades. No favors. Negotiable does not equal 'priced to sell fastly.'

Do not ask to come to my house and bring candy to give to my children. It WON'T happen. What about toys? Can I bring them toys?

Will not sell individual items. WHOLE lot only. Do NOT come into my house with the notion of not purchasing this collection, if you WALK IN my house, it's considered SOLD! What if I stand on the porch? Is this legally binding? What if you catch me banging your wife, but we are in the garage? Does that count?

Do NOT look into the direction of my two small children at any point of the purchasing and removal time. It won't matter ... they can smell fear. You reek of fear. Can I get a list of the titles?

Please do not ask for a list of titles. I do not have time to sit here and list them ALL because as stated, two young children here that take up most of our time and attention. Oh. OK. What if I sneak in and steal them (the DVDs, not the children) while you are distracted? Tell you what: I'll take the lot sight unseen AND I'll leave the kids, but you have to throw in the book shelf.

And NO, the book shelf does not come with it, like I said I have small children and I don't need you picking that thing up and swinging it and hurting my two young children. Not TODAY and Not Tomorrow. Not EVER!!! Damn you drive a hard bargain. Sounds more like you need somebody to swing it around and whack your wife, and I mean yesterday!

Do NOT email me with silly ridiculous low offers, because not only is it insulting to me, ITS also insulting to my two small children who I take care of 24/7. Will remove when sold. Last offer ... $10 and I arrange to take care of that wife problem you have. I know a guy who knows a guy. It's not an insult, it's a win-win for everybody, especially your two small kids.