DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Seeking Advice

Old 03-14-14, 01:18 PM

Seeking Advice

Hi everyone, I am new to the site and was wanting to get your opinion.

I have a large collection of Japanese version DVD's, most of which are now OOP or were Deluxe/First Print Edition making them rare to start with. I am trying to find the right buyer for these DVD's as I know it isn't for everyone and someone like myself who has an interest specifically for Japanese version DVD's would be interested in these and see its value.

Being DVD fans, I wanted to ask everyone here if you would have any suggestions.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-15-14, 08:46 AM

Re: Seeking Advice

I suppose eBay. I would also prepare myself for some serious disappointment regarding the value of any particular DVD. What you think it's worth and what folks actually want to pay tend to be two very different numbers.
Old 03-15-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mdnitoil View Post
I suppose eBay. I would also prepare myself for some serious disappointment regarding the value of any particular DVD. What you think it's worth and what folks actually want to pay tend to be two very different numbers.
eBay can also be a good research tool for seeing what people are paying - providing someone else is selling, naturally.
Old 03-17-14, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by ntnon View Post
eBay can also be a good research tool for seeing what people are paying - providing someone else is selling, naturally.
Unfortunately most of these can't be found on eBay. The more popular releases or limited edition releases show up every once in a while.

I posted here to see if anyone that is a collector of rare Japanese releases of movies like myself who would appreciate my collection and acknowledge its worth.

I will be putting the list of movies together in a day or two and post it here if anyone is interested. Most are American movies, some Korean, some European but most come with English subtitles.
Old 03-17-14, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon seller services.
Old 03-18-14, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by ArthurGD3 View Post
Unfortunately most of these can't be found on eBay. The more popular releases or limited edition releases show up every once in a while.

I posted here to see if anyone that is a collector of rare Japanese releases of movies like myself who would appreciate my collection and acknowledge its worth.

I will be putting the list of movies together in a day or two and post it here if anyone is interested. Most are American movies, some Korean, some European but most come with English subtitles.
There's a DVD Exchange Forum where you can post stuff like that:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchange-6/

I have had good luck with Amazon Seller Services too.
Old 03-18-14, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Quatermass View Post
There's a DVD Exchange Forum where you can post stuff like that

I have had good luck with Amazon Seller Services too.
Thanks, I will have to look into that. Amazon though didn't cross my mind just because I have never seen Japanese DVD releases selling there before.