DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Chief Thundercloud Video

Old 09-13-13, 10:47 PM

Chief Thundercloud Video

I recently bought an extensive DVD collection from through an estate auction. Most of the DVD's are incredible classic TV and movies. The cases themselves have a UPC code and everything looks great.

However in this collection I have found several DVD's with no UPC code. On the back it says, "Chief Thundercloud Video" with an Indian Head in profile. (looks a little bit like the Chicago Blackhawk logo). Also across the bottom of the case it reads Matinee Graphix with a 2007 registration.

Could anybody tell me more about these. Are they legit, or are the bootlegs. They look really good, and appear to be great quality but without a UPC code I'm a little suspicious.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-13, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Chief Thundercloud Video

What are the movie titles for these Chief Thundercloud DVDs? That might help in ascertaining whether they're legit or not.
Old 09-14-13, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Chief Thundercloud Video

Originally Posted by Tri_Again View Post
I recently bought an extensive DVD collection from through an estate auction. Most of the DVD's are incredible classic TV and movies. The cases themselves have a UPC code and everything looks great.

However in this collection I have found several DVD's with no UPC code. On the back it says, "Chief Thundercloud Video" with an Indian Head in profile. (looks a little bit like the Chicago Blackhawk logo). Also across the bottom of the case it reads Matinee Graphix with a 2007 registration.

Could anybody tell me more about these. Are they legit, or are the bootlegs. They look really good, and appear to be great quality but without a UPC code I'm a little suspicious.

Thanks.
Chief Thundercloud Video might be the name of a video rental store where the estate owner bought these DVDs in a closeout sale or something. Just a thought.

And, as rbrown498 suggests, the actual titles would be helpful. I wonder if they're related to the actual Chief Thundercloud, an American Indian actor who was active in the 1930s and '40s. (He was the first to play Tonto on film in a Lone Ranger serial.)

I did a Google search for Chief Thundercloud Video and this thread was the second link. Here's the first:

http://www.ovguide.com/chief-thunder...00000005c1366c

I don't know how helpful it is, but it might offer a clue.