DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Digital Copies

Old 03-03-13, 12:30 PM

Digital Copies

I have been buying a lot of movies digitally and watching on Apple TV. I was wondering why there wasn't a forum for digital movie talk and bargains.
Old 03-03-13, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Digital Copies

Streaming movies to an Apple TV isn't the same as a "digital copy."

And there are streaming and bargain forum areas here.
Old 03-04-13, 09:27 AM

I know the difference between streaming and a digital copy. I own a number of movies purchased through Apple, Amazon and have a bunch in UltraViolet. I stream a number of movies through Netflix and Amazon. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-04-13, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/streaming-talk-75/
Old 03-24-13, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love UV & Digital Copies because when I've sold them I cut the price of all the blu rays I buy. Personally I've never used one.
Old 03-25-13, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs View Post
I love UV & Digital Copies because when I've sold them I cut the price of all the blu rays I buy.
Where do you sell them, and for how much?
Old 03-26-13, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

I've seen them go for a few bucks on Ebay- I've considered doing this, but have been afraid of someone buying it then not knowing how to use it or claiming it didn't work. I've already put the ones I've had so far on Vudu anyways, and now not having additional ones in my library there will feel like they're missing even if I never watch them on there.
Old 03-26-13, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I traditionally sold my digital copies on eBay, anywhere from $2-$9 each or so ($12.50 for the Lord of the Ring trilogy). But eBay technically has a policy against selling unbundled DC's, and I've received a couple policy strikes against my account recently, due to that. I was hoping Mr.Briggs had a viable alternative outlet.

I've never had a DC problem with any of my buyers, and my records show that I've sold 51 digital copies. The only problem I've had is running afoul of eBay's stupid policy.
Old 03-27-13, 09:52 AM
Mao

They may now be sold or traded in our Exchange Forum!

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchang...ell-trade.html
Old 04-17-13, 12:44 PM

If you have digital copy codes you don't want, sell them in the Exchange Forum. There are a lot of people (like me) that are buying them. The going rate is usually $2-$4 for movies and $6-$9 for TV shows.

Itunes codes can be tricky, because many of them require the digital copy disc. And a lot of old iTunes codes are expired. On the other hand, Ultraviolet codes are very easy. No disc required and I haven't run into any that are expired.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
I've considered doing this, but have been afraid of someone buying it then not knowing how to use it or claiming it didn't work.
There has to be some trust when buying/selling digital codes. But even when dealing with physical media, a dishonest person can claim it was "lost in the mail". At least in the Exchange Forum, you know the people on this board.

I've bought around 50 digital copy codes, and only come across 2-3 that didn't work. As a seller, you have to understand that sometimes that happens and be willing to give a refund. But about 95% of my codes worked perfectly and the transaction was fast & easy. I send Paypal, they email me the code. The whole deal only takes a couple minutes.
Old 04-17-13, 12:50 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

^ And if the code doesn't work, you can just email that company and get it fixed or clarified.
Old 04-17-13, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
^ And if the code doesn't work, you can just email that company and get it fixed or clarified.
That's good advice. They'll also help if you bought a new disc and it's missing the digital copy.

Although it's probably best for the seller to deal with the customer service. They sometimes ask for a pic of the digital copy slip, disc case and/or receipt.
Old 04-17-13, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Customer Service thread in the Store Forum was updated a few months ago with a new Digital Copy Support section that includes all the studio contact information I could find for Digital Copies.