DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

SHAZAM! TV Series Coming to Warner Archives

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
SHAZAM! TV Series Coming to Warner Archives

Looks like it's going to be "announced" at SDCC next week:

Here’s a rather blurry image of what appears to be Jerry Ordway’s rendition of the cast of the seventies live action TV version of Captain Marvel, Shazam! It’s expected to be an exclusive poster for the DVD release from The Warner Archive Collection.

I expect you’ll be able to get copies of the non-blurry version from the panel on Friday at San Diego Comic Con.

3:00-4:00 Warner Archive Collection: Shazam!— Join ever-informed, fancentric WAC Podcast hosts George Feltenstein, Matthew Patterson, and DW Ferranti as they give fans a look at the upcoming DVD release of the popular 1970s series Shazam! The series’ own Billy Batson, Michael Gray, will be on hand, and an exclusive, limited-edition Shazam! LEGO figure will be awarded to a lucky number of fans in attendance. WAC panelists will also offer sneak peeks of Gene Roddenberry’s “other” TV series, The Lieutenant, and some highlights of WAC’s wildly entertaining upcoming slate of releases. And don’t be surprised if a few unannounced guests appear with the bold shout of a single word! Room 25ABC
SHAZAM!!!!

Bleeding Cool
Old 07-06-12, 10:18 PM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SHAZAM! TV Series Coming to Warner Archives

Haven't seen anything about this on http://tvshowsondvd.com. Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to be a "Doubting Thomas" and treat this as a rumor. Of course, if this proves to be true, I'll GLADLY eat my words.
Old 07-06-12, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Regulus
Haven't seen anything about this on http://tvshowsondvd.com. Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to be a "Doubting Thomas" and treat this as a rumor. Of course, if this proves to be true, I'll GLADLY eat my words.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sha...-Planned/17003
Old 07-07-12, 05:57 AM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.

^^ Well I'll be darned! I wonder how I missed that one. since I check that site every day to see what's being released.

Oh well, Nobody's Perfect!

Now if you pardon me it's time for Breakfast, and you know what I'll be munching on this morning!
Old 07-07-12, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts

Can't wait for this! I really enjoyed the release for Isis and this one should not disappoint either. Cheesy nostalgic fun!
Old 07-11-12, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

new info:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sha...e-Series/17211

Shazam! - Release Date, Packaging and Cost Announced for 'The Complete Series'

Filmation's beloved live-action series is coming home at last on September 18th from the Warner Archive
Posted by David Lambert
7/11/2012

By uttering a single magic word young Billy Batson transforms himself into the world's mightiest mortal, Captain Marvel. The acronym of the first letters of the names of the six elders who train Billy with their respective special gifts: Solomon, wisdom; Hercules, strength; Atlas, stamina; Zeus, power; Achilles, courage; and Mercury, speed, in a word...SHAZAM! Now, the entire series is available in this 3-disc set featuring every exciting episode of this classic television show!

In late May we passed along the word that the Warner Archive is preparing an MOD (manufacture on demand) DVD release for Shazam! - The Complete Series at last. That info was bolstered a couple of weeks ago with news that the Shazam! DVDs, along with other releases like Gene Roddenberry's The Lieutenant, would get sneak-previewed at this year's San Diego Comic Con (which starts tomorrow...and Warner's giving away an incredible Shazam! poster out there! I wish so badly I could go and get one, but alas I'm unable to attend).

Today, just a short time ago, the Warner Archive has begun pre-selling Shazam! - The Complete Series on DVD via their studio's WBshop online store (see button link below). The 3-disc set is priced at $34.95 SRP, and will begin shipping to U.S. customers on September 18th. Customers and fans outside of the United States shouldn't give up, though, because the Amazon CreateSpace MOD program will begin making the same title available globally just a few weeks afterward, so stay tuned for that! In the meantime, here's the package art (and disc art) for this live-action series that was produced by Filmation:

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sha...#ixzz20M5RYWYl

Old 07-11-12, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The price is killing me, but I'm interested.
Old 07-11-12, 07:21 PM

Holy Moley!! Been waiting a long time for this! Hopefully the price will dip a little when it comes out.
Old 07-12-12, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I would love to also see the Filmation cartoon show get a DVD release.
Old 07-19-12, 12:55 PM

if someone would confirm that early batches of this show are to be on pressed discs rather than burnt ones (like season one of Alice), it would be enough to convince me to go ahead and purchase early rather than waiting for one of their sales. I'm sure there are others out there thinking the same thing.
Old 07-19-12, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by mythmaker18
if someone would confirm that early batches of this show are to be on pressed discs rather than burnt ones (like season one of alice), it would be enough to convince me to go ahead and purchase early rather than waiting for one of their sales. I'm sure there are others out there thinking the same thing.
Seconded!
Old 07-19-12, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Third !
Old 07-22-12, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

According to the WBs own podcast, which you can listen to here, all multi-disc sets offered in the archive going forward will be pressed in limited quantities. When those are exhausted, future sets will be burned on demand.

I just received my copies of Harry O season one and Forbidden Hollywood Vol 4 and both were pressed.
Old 07-24-12, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
According to the WBs own podcast, which you can listen to here, all multi-disc sets offered in the archive going forward will be pressed in limited quantities. When those are exhausted, future sets will be burned on demand.
thanks for the info. I guess my only other question is this: is WB's pre-order price usually the same as (or lower than) the "opening day" prices? You would think so, but someone on another forum implied that WB Archive titles dropped as soon as they went on general release, which sound stupid, because why would someone pre-order if the price was going to drop the day it went on general sale?

Also, anyone know of any $-off coupons going around that would work on a pre-order?
Old 07-24-12, 09:35 AM

Just placed my order, crossing my fingers it will be the "Pressed" Version.
Old 07-24-12, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts

Hahaha way cool!

Now, if they'd only release Hot L Baltimore.
Old 09-04-12, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just an FYI courtesy of www.TVShowsondvd.com :

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sha...e-Series/17447

Shazam! - New Jerry Ordway Package Art for Fans who Pre-Order 'The Complete Series'

3-DVD set will be available from the WBshop on October 23rd
Posted by David Lambert
9/04/2012

This past Friday we reported that the Warner Archive Collection had pushed back their release of Shazam! - The Complete Series as a manufacture-on-release (MOD) DVD from mid-September to October 23rd. Now the studio has issued a statement about that, explaining that there's "good news" as part of this delay:

The SHAZAM! DVD will be shipping a bit later than originally announced. Good News: Everyone who pre-ordered from WBShop.com will be getting this EXCLUSIVE Jerry Ordway cover art based on the collector's item Comic-Con 2012 poster!

Wow, nice! Immediately below is the button link to pre-order your copy, if you haven't already. Under that is the new "limited edition" cover art for folks who pre-ordered the title, and then at the bottom is the "unlimited" box cover which we've been showing you all along. Check it out:

Buy from WBShop.com

Shazam! - The Complete Series: Limited Edition

Cool bonus for those of us for pre-ordered. I had pre-ordered already hoping for the pressed disc and because I got a $10 off coupon from WB thru my email recently.
Old 09-14-12, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Cool bonus for those of us for pre-ordered. I had pre-ordered already hoping for the pressed disc and because I got a $10 off coupon from WB thru my email recently.

I have been in contact with someone who works for Warner Archives and he confirmed that, like Alice and other recent TV sets, the initial batch of Shazam! will be on pressed discs, so I can't imagine anyone pre-ordering being left out.

Wish I'd gotten such a coupon!
Old 09-14-12, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mythmaker18
I have been in contact with someone who works for Warner Archives and he confirmed that, like Alice and other recent TV sets, the initial batch of Shazam! will be on pressed discs, so I can't imagine anyone pre-ordering being left out.

Wish I'd gotten such a coupon!
The coupon was given because I had been a WB rewards member or something like that. They discontinued the program and sent me a coupon in an email. I never did anything with the membership other than get occasional annoying emails from them on how to get points for the rewards. Guess it ended up being worth it.

I am really looking forward to this series. I loved rewatching the Isis series when it was released so many years ago. I haven't seen any of these episodes since they first aired when I was a kid. I don't have high hopes as far as production is concerned but I just hope it is as entertaining as the Isis show still was.
Old 09-16-12, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

THANK YOU for reminding me about the WB Insider coupon! I got it awhile back and haven't used it. I think I'll jump in on Shazam! now.
Old 10-25-12, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone received this yet? Confirm they are pressed?
Old 10-26-12, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by hasslein
Has anyone received this yet? Confirm they are pressed?
I haven't received mine. I placed my order well over a month ago.
Old 10-26-12, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got the email saying it has shipped just the other day. Should come in the next day or so.
Old 10-26-12, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Ditto. Got my e-mail yesterday.
Old 10-27-12, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay. My copy arrived today. The DVDs are pressed. Not DVD-R. It's packaged in a clear case as well. Very nice package from Warner Archives.

Haven't had a chance to put it in my player yet. I plan on doing it tomorrow morning along with an episode of Isis.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.