Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Former Walmart-exclusive Lionsgate Horror Collections: Wider Distribution on 9/4/12

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Former Walmart-exclusive Lionsgate Horror Collections: Wider Distribution on 9/4/12

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-12, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Former Walmart-exclusive Lionsgate Horror Collections: Wider Distribution on 9/4/

I spotted a copy of the 8 pack with Bloody Murder in the $7.50 section at a Walmart today. Rang up as $5 so I bought it. Hoping that at least one of the films is decent. Looks like most of them got absolutely awful ratings.

I also picked up that After Dark Horrorfest 8-pack for Butterfly Effect 3 a few weeks back. Those seem fairly plentiful.
Old 09-07-12, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Former Walmart-exclusive Lionsgate Horror Collections: Wider Distribution on 9/4/

Originally Posted by E_v_i_l
I spotted a copy of the 8 pack with Bloody Murder in the $7.50 section at a Walmart today. Rang up as $5 so I bought it. Hoping that at least one of the films is decent. Looks like most of them got absolutely awful ratings.

I also picked up that After Dark Horrorfest 8-pack for Butterfly Effect 3 a few weeks back. Those seem fairly plentiful.
Those 2 have been in constant stock at all the WMs near me. It's the others I could never find.
Old 09-15-12, 11:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw all four sets for $5.99 each at Fry's.
Old 09-21-12, 01:16 AM

Picked up the 8 pack with C.H.U.D. II, Ghoulies III, etc at K-Mart today for $5. Dug through their bin feverishly hoping to find the pack with the Re-Animator sequels but no luck.
Old 09-25-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GR13
Picked up the 8 pack with C.H.U.D. II, Ghoulies III, etc at K-Mart today for $5. Dug through their bin feverishly hoping to find the pack with the Re-Animator sequels but no luck.
Same results for me today.
Old 09-26-12, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Same here. Thanks for the mention of K-Mart, I've looking for that one at Walmart for a little while and never found it.
Old 09-28-12, 07:59 PM

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Count me as another who found them at K-Mart.
Old 09-30-12, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The 8 pack with Chopping Mall is also on sale at Best Buy this week for $4.99. I picked up a copy today.
Old 09-30-12, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

The 8 pack with Chopping Mall is also on sale at Best Buy this week for $4.99. I picked up a copy today.
Was it on a special endcap or bin?

I already own Chopping Mall, but the rest of the films in that set for $4.99 is a great deal. Might have to pick it up!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Horror+C...tion&lp=6&cp=1
Old 09-30-12, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 822 Likes on 694 Posts

These are now showing up in mass quantities as a Halloween cardboard display at Walmarts.
Old 09-30-12, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Was it on a special endcap or bin?

I already own Chopping Mall, but the rest of the films in that set for $4.99 is a great deal. Might have to pick it up!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Horror+C...tion&lp=6&cp=1
It was with a bunch of other horror DVDs on one of the sale racks near the main aisle. There were 3 copies there and no copies in the regular horror section.
Old 09-30-12, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

It was with a bunch of other horror DVDs on one of the sale racks near the main aisle.
Thank you for the heads up! I'll have to run by my local BB either tomorrow or Tuesday.