Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? or How Jessica Rabbit took my innocence by flashing me

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-12, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? or How Jessica Rabbit took my innocence by flashing me

When I was a kid there was a lot of cool stuff to watch, but Roger Rabbit took the cake. How cool was it watching all your favorite, and I am practically ALL your favorite toons running around causing mayhem to each other in a place called Toontown? And at the same time it's a good film, by a creative director, chuck full of subtle adult jokes and some pretty disturbing scenes. (that poor shoe )

Safe to say I looove this movie because it takes me back to my childhood yet still entertains the heck outta me till this day. But, I wanna know how you guys feel about the movie. Maybe share some memories of going to see it back in the late 80s? Maybe a discussion on Roger Rabbit 2? It's my first post so be gentle

Last edited by APx3OG; 06-24-12 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-24-12, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit? or How Jessica Rabbit took my innocence by flashing me

This thread should probably be in the Movie Talk forum since it's not specifically about the DVD. None the less, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? is an awesome movie that was an indelible part of my childhood too, and has actually aged surprisingly well. As an adult, and a more seasoned film fan, I can appreciate all the film noir/hardboiled detective references better. Plus, like a lot of 80's movies, it seems as geared toward the adults in the audience as the children it's ostensibly made for. For some reason so-called kids movies of recent years seem to have a lot of trouble catering to both audiences simultaneously. There are some exceptions, of course, but it seems like filmmakers in the '80s just had a better overall mastery of that skill than they do now.
Old 06-24-12, 09:36 PM

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit? or How Jessica Rabbit took my innocence by flashing me

You know, you're right. It's a fantastic DVD set and deserves mentioning. I own a copy myself and its one of the finer collections of bonus material around.

It seems, I can't post any links yet so if you want to take a look at it I see a nice photo of it uploaded on Amazon.
Old 06-26-12, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by joliom
This thread should probably be in the Movie Talk forum since it's not specifically about the DVD. None the less, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? is an awesome movie that was an indelible part of my childhood too, and has actually aged surprisingly well. As an adult, and a more seasoned film fan, I can appreciate all the film noir/hardboiled detective references better. Plus, like a lot of 80's movies, it seems as geared toward the adults in the audience as the children it's ostensibly made for. For some reason so-called kids movies of recent years seem to have a lot of trouble catering to both audiences simultaneously. There are some exceptions, of course, but it seems like filmmakers in the '80s just had a better overall mastery of that skill than they do now.
I don't think that's true. I think you're just remembering the classics that have stuck around. There were plenty of fart movies that were just for kids back then.
Old 06-30-12, 10:24 PM

Hey guys, 1 question...how come the prices are the way they are on Amazon? Has this become a collector's item?

If someone can post a link for me I'd appreciate it.
Old 06-30-12, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.amazon.com/Framed-Roger-R...s=roger+rabbit

http://www.amazon.com/Who-Framed-Rog...1116040&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Roger-R...s=roger+rabbit

Enjoy!
Old 07-02-12, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 451 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by APx3OG
Hey guys, 1 question...how come the prices are the way they are on Amazon? Has this become a collector's item?
Looks like it's out of print.
Old 07-03-12, 11:29 AM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

A trailer was just revealed for a 25th anniversary edition Blu-ray release of this film. I swear, just google it.