Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Animaniacs Volume 4 ever?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-12, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Animaniacs Volume 4 ever?

I used the search feature and came up empty.

Does anyone know if Warner EVER plans to offer the remainder of the Animaniacs episodes on DVD, even as burn-on-demand? I really wish they'd finish this series off. (And, if they're feeling particularly generous, including the "Wakko's Wish" movie along with it.)
Old 05-15-12, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Animaniacs Volume 4 ever?

Good question. I asked Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnell and Maurice LaMarche (some Animaniacs voice actors) and they didn't even know. I wish they'd release Wakko's Wish Christmas movie too. I guess it's all up to Warner Brothers whether they let the Animaniacs out of their water tower for the fourth time. HTF should really impress it upon WB in their yearly cartoon chat. I've had to make my own volume 4 from old recordings, which look like crap.

Last edited by Disc-Flipper; 05-15-12 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-15-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Do we need to Kickstarter this thing or something?
Old 05-15-12, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

It's been discussed in a few threads but not its own, I don't think, but always just "why don't they..."

Seems like a prime candidate for WAC.

WHV TV/animation chat at HTF on 4/5/10

Warner Archive releasing several animated shows soon

Series' That You Hope Get Completed
Old 05-19-12, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts

The Tiny Toons movie How I Spent My Summer Vacation was just announced for DVD so maybe there's some stirrings in this area.
Old 05-19-12, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
The Tiny Toons movie How I Spent My Summer Vacation was just announced for DVD so maybe there's some stirrings in this area.
I didn't know that! I still have my VHS of this movie because I thought it'd never be released on DVD. I love it!
Old 05-19-12, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This final volume would contain the remaining episodes of season 3 (76-82) and all of season 4 (83-90) and 5 (91-99) but as of 2010, Warner Bros. has "no plans at this time" for more Animaniacs releases on DVD.
Along with Wakko's Wish. I'd like to see:

Yakko, Wakko, and Dot first theatrically appeared in the animated short, "I'm Mad", which opened nationwide alongside the full-length animated feature, Thumbelina, on March 30, 1994. The musical short featured Yakko, Wakko, and Dot bickering during a car trip. Producers Steven Spielberg, Tom Ruegger, and Jean MacCurdy wanted "I’m Mad" to be the first of a series of shorts to bring Animaniacs to a wider audience. However, "I'm Mad" was Animaniacs' only theatrical appearance. The short was later incorporated into Animaniacs episode 69.
And:

Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain (13 Episodes)

Dissatisfaction with Warner Bros. decision to change Pinky and the Brain even showed up in the actual cartoons of Pinky and the Brain and Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain. On Pinky and the Brain, the last script Peter Hastings wrote before leaving Warner Bros. was the cartoon "You'll Never Eat Food Pellets In This Town Again", in which the demise of Pinky and the Brain are caused by network decisions to change the show.
Pinky Elmyra & the Brain had also shown dissatisfaction towards Warner Bros.; the theme song for the series had said: "Now Pinky and the Brain, share a new domain, it's what the network wants, why bother to complain?" A clip during the theme showed Pinky and The Brain getting kicked out of the Warner Bros. office during that line. Furthermore, a spoken line by The Brain towards the end of the theme adds "I deeply resent this."
WB must release this.
Old 05-19-12, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

It does suck when studios do this and they have so little left to release. Disney pulled the same crap with DuckTales and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (maybe others as well). Fairly certain they could've gotten the remaining episodes of each out in one last volume. It's been ages since the last was released for either though .
Old 05-19-12, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
I didn't know that! I still have my VHS of this movie because I thought it'd never be released on DVD. I love it!
Easily one of my favorite movies from my childhood, to the point where I still regularly quote it and think about it every time I'm too cheap to crank the AC in the car.

Plucky: Is it just me, or is it hot in here? How about turning on the A.C., huh?
Wade: Air conditioning wastes gas; I'll just crack the window.
Winnie: Don't you dare, Wade! People will think we can't afford air conditioning!

Also loved the gag with the old THX adverts before the movies.

"The audience is now deaf."

I hate the cover art for the DVD. It makes no sense; all Plucky and Hamton's family did when they got to Wacky World Wand was ride the monorail. None of the other characters even went there. The VHS box was just straight and to the point.

I'll definitely be picking it up since I haven't seen it since Nickelodeon stopped airing it and that must have been in the late 90s.
Old 05-20-12, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had never heard of Pinky Elmyra & the Brain. As someone who loved Piny and the Brain and The Animaniacs in general that is insanity. Thanks for educating me.
Old 05-20-12, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I had never heard of Pinky Elmyra & the Brain. As someone who loved Piny and the Brain and The Animaniacs in general that is insanity. Thanks for educating me.
You're welcome. Here's the theme:

Old 05-20-12, 03:02 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
Easily one of my favorite movies from my childhood, to the point where I still regularly quote it and think about it every time I'm too cheap to crank the AC in the car.

Plucky: Is it just me, or is it hot in here? How about turning on the A.C., huh?
Wade: Air conditioning wastes gas; I'll just crack the window.
Winnie: Don't you dare, Wade! People will think we can't afford air conditioning!

Also loved the gag with the old THX adverts before the movies.

"The audience is now deaf."

I hate the cover art for the DVD. It makes no sense; all Plucky and Hamton's family did when they got to Wacky World Wand was ride the monorail. None of the other characters even went there. The VHS box was just straight and to the point.

I'll definitely be picking it up since I haven't seen it since Nickelodeon stopped airing it and that must have been in the late 90s.
the Simpsons one is equally funny:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/K3_HHZFi0As" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-20-12, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike86
It does suck when studios do this and they have so little left to release. Disney pulled the same crap with DuckTales and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (maybe others as well). Fairly certain they could've gotten the remaining episodes of each out in one last volume. It's been ages since the last was released for either though .
And Gargoyles, too. Though I heard a while back that they were going to finish Gargoyles. But that was last year and I haven't heard anything about it since.
Old 05-27-12, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
The show dipped greatly in quality when Elmyra was added to the formula. You could tell the writers' hearts were not in the show anymore. I had always found her character annoying before and ruining Pinky & the Brain like that with her was unforgivable.
Old 05-27-12, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never knew there was an Elmyra & Pinky & The Brain show. I honestly never cared much for her character. She was fine in small amounts, but to have her in a whole show? Yikes.

Nice that the Tiny Toons movie will be coming to DVD. No more former rental store VHS for me!
Old 10-16-12, 06:13 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Your prayers have been answered:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Animaniacs-Volume-4/17619
Old 10-17-12, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by john pannozzi
yes yes yes!!!