DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

? RE: The Shield CS...Now I'm paranoid!!!

Old 02-02-12, 05:46 AM
Banned

? RE: The Shield CS...Now I'm paranoid!!!

I Recently purchased The Shield CS from a seller on Amazon Marketplace who I've had nothing but excellent service with. No problems ever with them. My ? is after buying that Chinese bootleg of The Wire from ebay as mentioned in another thread, I am wondering if those of you who have this set can tell me if your discs came in solid white plastic sleeves to protect them and slid into the top of like a coffee table book with a clear slip cover holding the book and red label on the slip cover describing the sets contents. The Wire's discs had cheap clear plastic sleeves on the discs and there definately was a Chinese symbol scribed on the inside/underside of the discs which I cannot find any such mark on The Shields discs! These sleeves on The Shields discs are opaque white and quite firm. I think this set is legit but Maybe just being paranoid but am curious to know about others who have this set. Definately will not ever buy from Ebay again!!! Thanks for any help you guys could provide-
Smurr05
Old 02-02-12, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: ? RE: The Shield CS...Now I'm paranoid!!!

seriously, as others have said, pictures would help...
Old 02-02-12, 09:04 AM

Your set is legit. I purchased my set in store and it is exactly as you described. The initial sets did not have the white sleeves. Sony sent replacement sets with the sleeves.
Old 02-02-12, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by manicsounds View Post
seriously, as others have said, pictures would help...
Really wish I could But honestly and embarrasingly...I don't how to that as I'm really not that computer savvy! My 5 and a half year old probably knows his way around the damn thing more than I do!!!
Old 02-02-12, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mark Z View Post
Your set is legit. I purchased my set in store and it is exactly as you described. The initial sets did not have the white sleeves. Sony sent replacement sets with the sleeves.
Many thanks to you for this info. Really eased my mind! Again thank you-