Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Need Some British "The Goodies" Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-12, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Some British "The Goodies" Help

I'm planning on picking up the BBC DVD series THE GOODIES with Tim Brooke Taylor, Graeme Garden and Bill Oddie, but I'm not sure which DVD sets to get. I want to purchase the original Series from the 70's but the Europe ebay doesn't give a very good discription of which DVD sets are which. Can anyone point me to the right DVD's ???
Old 01-18-12, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Need Some British "The Goodies" Help

There are 4 Goodies dvd sets: The Goodies...At Last, The Goodies...At Last a Second Helping, The Goodies...At Last-Back For More, Again and The Goodies - The Complete LWT Series.

You want the first three sets. The episode selection is pretty much random. Here's a list of the eps per set:

First set:
Tower of London, Gender Education, Kitten Kong, The Goodies and the Beanstalk, Kung Fu Kapers, Lighthouse Keeping Loonies, Earthanasia, Saturday Night Grease

Second set:
Radio Goodies, Come Dancing, The Movies, South Africa, Bunfight ath the OK Tearooms, The End, Scoutrageous, Punky Business

Third set:
Cecily, The Music Lovers, The New Office, Goodies Rule - OK?, Camelot, It Might As Well Be String, 2001 and a Bit, Royal Command

Fourth set is episodes from the Eighties.

The second, third and fourth sets have nice informative episode guides in them. Unless you're getting a really good deal you're probably better off getting them from Amazon.uk, sendit, hmv or the like.

There's also a brick (just called The Goodies) that contains the first two sets and a brand new collection,The Goodies ...At Last the 40th Anniversary!, that contains all the previously released material, but is apparently lacking many of the extras of the individual releases.

Last edited by coyoteblue; 01-18-12 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-19-12, 01:09 AM

Thanks coyoteblue that's the information I needed.

Goodie, goodie goodie yum yum
Old 02-09-12, 11:14 AM

I was disappointed to find out that the episode, "Invasion Of The Moon Creatures" wasn't included on any of the disc. Is there anywhere to locate/view episodes not found in the DVD sets?
Old 02-13-12, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Try googling 'Invasion Of The Moon Creatures goodies'.
Old 02-21-12, 01:47 PM

Take note that there is variation among the individual releases, too. The original pressing of the first two releases ("At Last" and "A Second Helopg") have certain important extras that are not on the re-releases (or in the collected boxset). The easiest way to distinguish the original(s) from the reissues is the cover art: the reissues have the "purple" BBC block logo, while the originals just have BBC with no purple box around it and also have a white strip across the top saying "digitally restored".