DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-11, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nickelodeon/Shout! Factory Releases

Originally Posted by will94
We've stocked every Nickelodeon/Shout release that has made it to retail stores at my Walmart, so don't trust the website. Inventory also goes by our on-hands and counts, which can be messed up or sometimes we don't even control, the vendor does.
I'll have to run by and check it out. Hey Arnold was one of the last Nicktoons I watched and enjoyed before I started moving away from Nick.

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Was it really only 12 episodes? The way Nick used to play it back in the day, I always thought it ran for a few seasons. Keep in mind there are many episodes I remember by heart, now I realize I remembered almost the entire series by heart.
Oh yes, it was only 12 episodes.

Repeated ad nauseum.

For YEARS.
Old 10-02-11, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just wanted to again express my disappointment that they're going the split seasons route. This is a practice that I have NEVER supported (aside from buying volumes of "Family Guy") and I never intend to support again. Shout! Factory should provide artwork and a 4-disc case for those who buy both volumes of a season of a show or something. UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Old 10-03-11, 02:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it weird that they don't seem to be releasing Rugrats. The 3rd and 4th season are coming out to Createspace, as did the 1st and 2nd seasons. But with them re-releasing Hey Arnold, a show that arguably did nowhere close to as well as Rugrats, I don't understand them not re-releasing Rugrats.
Old 10-06-11, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I imagine they haven't yet acquired to rights to shows like Doug and Rugrats; they're probably a little more expensive than the rest, so they're getting the line going with the other titles first and see what demand is there. Pure speculation on my part though.

---

And in other news...

After a Season 1 release this past July, our friends at Shout! Factory is teaming up with Nickelodeon once again with a January 31st street date for Hey Dude - Season 2 on DVD. The official studio announcement to press hasn't come through yet, but Amazon's overnight listing for pre-orders shows this information, along with a $19.93 list price (you can get a discount right away, too, if you purchase it in advance). No further details are available yet, nor package art, but stay tuned and we'll keep you updated, dude!
Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Hey...#ixzz1a3wJ1tQt
Old 10-07-11, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I'm not terribly interested in collecting the entire run of Hey Dude, I'll purchase the second season on the off chance that sales inspire the release of other live-action shows like Salute Your Shorts and YCDTOTV.
Old 10-07-11, 08:53 AM
Cool New Member

That's crazy about My Brother and Me. The way they showed it, I thought they made tons of seasons of it.
I'm happy Joe Murray is involved with season 2 of Rocko. That's pretty awesome he finally got that worked out since Rocko's Modern Life is a work of genius and deserves all of the quality it can get for its releases.
Old 10-07-11, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I feel like I watched My Brother & Me every day for years. That it was only 12 episodes long is pretty crazy.
Old 10-08-11, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Yeah, I feel like I watched My Brother & Me every day for years. That it was only 12 episodes long is pretty crazy.
Wow that is strange. Thought it was maybe 2 seasons. Any idea if Alex Mac will come out? Had a HUGE crush on that girl as a child. Or even Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Old 10-08-11, 01:46 PM

Season 1 of Alex Mack has been out on DVD for a few years, with a big picture of Jessica Alba plastered on the front, with the text "Her TV Debut," lol. It wasn't released by Shout! Factory though.
Old 10-08-11, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Kory
Season 1 of Alex Mack has been out on DVD for a few years, with a big picture of Jessica Alba plastered on the front, with the text "Her TV Debut," lol. It wasn't released by Shout! Factory though.
Don't remember Alba in it lol. Any idea if the other seasons (if there were more than one season) will be out? How did Shout! get the titles they have anyways?
Old 10-09-11, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Don't remember Alba in it lol. Any idea if the other seasons (if there were more than one season) will be out? How did Shout! get the titles they have anyways?
She was one of the bullies in it, and only for maybe 2 or 3 episodes.

I'm not sure if Shout did get the rights to this one (RHI put it out in the US). Although Hey Dude shows that they are willing to release the live-action stuff, their focus has mainly been on Nicktoons. I wouldn't be opposed to the rest of the series getting released (it had 4 seasons), since it's not a BAD show.

With that said, I'd much rather have Salute Your Shorts and the rest of Pete & Pete released first.
Old 10-09-11, 05:30 PM

Hey Dude was the boring version of Salute Your Shorts, so they to release the good one stat.
Old 10-12-11, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 10-19-11, 02:56 PM

I noticed that nobody commented on the release of Season 1 of Aaahh! Real Monsters. I found it for $15 at Walmart yesterday, but I checked today and it looks like Best Buy also has it for that price, so I might return and re-buy at Best Buy to get the RZ points.
Old 11-07-11, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Last week we reported that on February 7th Shout! Factory will release Rocko's Modern Life - Season 2 on DVD. We didn't have the package art for you at the time, but now the studios - Shout! Factory and Nickelodeon - have distributed a high-res 3D look at the box. On the front cover you can see the signature from show creator Joe Murray; it appears that he did indeed create image used for this title's packaging. Sweet!

SOURCE

Old 11-07-11, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Your two favorite twin animated beavers - Norbert Foster and Daggett Doofus - return for the first half of a hilariously fun third season! Join them for your daily dose of laughter, as they continue their hysterical pursuit of the wild bachelor lifestyle! Includes favorite episodes like "Spooky Spoots," "Muscular Beaver 3," "Moronathon Man," "Stump's Family Reunion," "Too Loose Latrine" and more! Stars: Richard Steven Horvitz (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers), Nick Bakay (Sabrina The Teenage Witch), and Charlie Brisette (The Ren & Stimpy Show).

Following up on their release of Seasons 1 & 2 in stores this past August, Shout! Factory and Nickelodeon have announced that on February 28th they will have a general release of The Angry Beavers - Season 3, Part 1. The 2-DVD set will cost $19.93 SRP, but you can pre-order it from Amazon at a discount using the button link below. We've also got a peek at the packaging for you, too!

SOURCE
Old 11-07-11, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just watched my CreateSpace DVDs of Doug Seasons 3 and 4. That's one show killing for the Shout! treatment

Can't wait for Rocko season 2. I hope Murray was involved this time (more than just the cover art).
Old 11-08-11, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen
Oh god fucking damnit. We go from two seasons in a single release, to half of a season in one release? UGH. This split season shit really pisses me off.
Old 11-08-11, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think someone mentioned earlier it's the retailers pushing for that; or I might have seen that on a TVShowsOnDVD post. It's really irritating, but at least we're getting official releases instead of the MOD crap.
Old 11-09-11, 04:24 PM

I just wish they would offer free replacement packaging so we can combine the two parts. THAT would make me support the split seasons, I guess.
Old 11-10-11, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Beggars can't be choosers. Everyone should just be happy we're actually getting these releases. How many years have people been waiting for these. I'm completely fine with seasons being split up, as long as I get the shows!
Old 11-16-11, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Beggars can't be choosers. Everyone should just be happy we're actually getting these releases. How many years have people been waiting for these. I'm completely fine with seasons being split up, as long as I get the shows!
agree Shout! releases are leaps and bounds above the MOD releases...except Hey Arnold which seems to be a direct port LOL
Old 12-03-11, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

UPDATE from TVShowsOnDVD regarding the Rocko's Modern Life: Season Two release.

Looks like there's actually going to be some Special Features on this one: "Trash-O-Madness" Original Pilot Version and Behind the Characters with Joe Murray. Having never seen the original pilot, I'm even more excited for this release than I was before. I'm glad they were able to get Murray involved this time around too.
Old 12-08-11, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey Arnold! Season Two, Part One

Following up on the Season 1 general retail release this past August, the folks at Shout! Factory and Nickelodeon have now set a March 20th street date for Hey Arnold! - Season 2, Part 1 on DVD. Priced at $19.93 SRP for approximately 220 minutes, you can pre-order from Amazon right away at a discount. No further details are available yet, nor any cover art so far. Stay tuned, though, and we'll update you as more info is disclosed!
CatDog: Season One, Part Two

Following up on the Part 1 general retail release this past October, the folks at Shout! Factory and Nickelodeon have now set a March 27th street date for CatDog - Season 1, Part 2 on DVD. Priced at $19.93 SRP for approximately 300 minutes, you can pre-order from Amazon right away at a discount. No further details are available yet, nor any cover art so far. Stay tuned, though, and we'll update you as further details become available!
While I'm not a fan of these split-season releases, I'm glad that they're at least continuing to release the shows.
Old 12-09-11, 03:06 AM

I desperately hope they get to S3 with Hey Arnold. It wasn't available on Amazon for around a year before they pulled the others, and I never got to buy it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.