Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Echo Bridge Takes On Miramax DVD Titles

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-11, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Echo Bridge Takes On Miramax DVD Titles

They really need to stop pushing Full Tilt Boogie as its own film. It's a very entertaining making-of, but dammit, it's still a making-of!
Old 03-27-11, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was searching www.blowitoutahere.com and the
DVDs (1 movie) are priced around $3.68
the blu-rays around $7.86
Double Feature DVD priced around $5.24
Triple Feature DVD priced around $7.86

I think its a bargain.
Old 03-27-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
For those who are purchasing...

1. Is The Faculty finally anamorphic?
2. Does From Dusk Til Dawn (with Full Tilt Boogie) include all of the original bonus material?

Did the Dusk Til Dawn with Full Tilt Boogie keep it's 5.1 track or is it the same as the single edition (2.0)?

Any actual confirmation that The Faculty is anamorphic?
Old 03-27-11, 03:56 PM

If you are buying the Halloween Series on Blu-Ray DONT BUY THEM SEPARATE!!
Echo Bridge is releasing Halloween H20 w/ Halloween 6! It's much cheaper too!
It just releases 5 days later http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Curse-Michael-Myers-Blu-ray/dp/B004TP55K2/ref=sr_1_28?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1301259128&sr=1-28
Old 03-27-11, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Any actual confirmation that The Faculty is anamorphic?

It does seem to be anamorphic. Fits my widescreen tv without looking bloated, so I imagine it is.
Old 03-28-11, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fuck. Does a place like walmart sell the 4 pack of From Dusk Til Dawn? Since i only have the single movie, not realizing Full Tilt was released as part of that. That was an excellent documentary from what i recall

I also see that dvdempire still sells the original 2 disc collectors edition of From Dusk Till Dawn w a shitload of extras and such for 8.99 (only thing missing is an anamorphic transfer)
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=12179

they claim only 1 is left in stock
Old 03-28-11, 03:22 PM

Found Children of the Corn 2/3 double in the Walmart dump bin today. I really shouldn't have expected any better than this but Children of the Corn 2 is full screen. So if you don't want a full screen copy of it then buyer beware.
Old 03-29-11, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by therock69
looked wide to me
Originally Posted by mooovies
yes it looked wide to me i got the triple pack of children of the corn and hellraiser movies

also prophecy 2 pack looked really great....
I don't get what "looked wide to me" means, you either know if it's widescreen or not. I don't see how part 2 is full frame on the single release and the double feature, but on the triple feature it "looks wide" ?? can someone with the triple feature pack do screencaps to confirm this?
Old 03-29-11, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by IGotsNewShoes
I don't get what "looked wide to me" means, you either know if it's widescreen or not. I don't see how part 2 is full frame on the single release and the double feature, but on the triple feature it "looks wide" ?? can someone with the triple feature pack do screencaps to confirm this?
Have you checked Echo Bridge's web site?
Old 03-29-11, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by IGotsNewShoes
I checked Blowitoutahere.com and they say that The Children of the Corn Triple Feature is in Widescreen.

*Children of the Corn Triple Feature
* (Widescreen)

Add to cart
DVD List Price $14.99
Now $7.86

* Release Date: 4/12/2011
* UPC: 096009762292
* AMG Rating: Not yet rated
* Rated: NR
* Original Language: English
* Distributor/Studio: Miramax Echo Bridge
Old 03-29-11, 12:41 AM

Amazon says the single and double feature are widescreen too but they aren't.

I was actually looking for confirmation from these people who say it "looks wide" cause information at every site is wrong so far on these releases.
Old 03-29-11, 07:21 PM

I saw the Hellraiser and Children Of The Corn triple feature discs at my K-Mart today for $7.50 each.
Old 03-29-11, 08:33 PM

I see we still can't figure out if Children of the Corn 2 is Widescreen on any of the releases. Guess it would be pointless to ask if it is the complete version from the VHS or the cut version from the terrible dvd release years back?
Old 03-29-11, 09:17 PM

Somebody please state the fact if they are fullscreen or widescreen.
Doesnt it say that on the back of DVD case?
Old 03-29-11, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by thelonelyisland
Somebody please state the fact if they are fullscreen or widescreen.
Doesnt it say that on the back of DVD case?
The double feature version is DEFINITELY full frame, I own it. The confusion comes from some people "claiming" the version in the triple feature set "looks wide" to them, how something can look wide is beyond me it's either wide or not. But yeah.

Originally Posted by camwar
I see we still can't figure out if Children of the Corn 2 is Widescreen on any of the releases. Guess it would be pointless to ask if it is the complete version from the VHS or the cut version from the terrible dvd release years back?
What scenes are not in the cut version? If you can tell me I can tell you if they are on this version or not.
Old 03-30-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up the triple feature for Children of the Corn yesterday, but I haven't opened it yet. The back does not have any info on aspect ratios. If no one has checked yet, I will look at Part II when I get home tonight.
Old 03-31-11, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I opened the Children of the Corn Triple Feature and I'm sorry to report that Part II is defintely Fullscreen (I have no idea if it's P&S or Open Matte). Parts III and IV are Widescreen. It is a 2-sided disc with II & III on side A and IV on side B. I did not see any extras available (unless you think chapter selection is an extra).
Old 04-01-11, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 334 Likes on 253 Posts

Is Side A dual-layer? I got the Puppet Master triple-feature and 2 movies are crammed onto one single-layer side!
Old 04-01-11, 06:01 AM

i got the demonic toys-dollman-dollman vs domonic toys 3 pack--- 2 movies are on one side 1 movie on another walmart had them
Old 04-01-11, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Is Side A dual-layer?
I'm not sure how to tell. If you tell me what to look for, I'll check it out tonight.
Old 04-01-11, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 334 Likes on 253 Posts

If it's dual-layer, you should be able to tell by looking at the playing surface if you're a geek like me. If there's no printed label on side 2 (which they seem to be doing a lot with recent 2-sided discs and I think is very stupid) there'll be 2 sets of etchings in the center visible, possibly overlapping each other. Failing that, you could check on a computer and see if the total space is more than 4.75 GB. Of course it'll be obvious if you watch the disc and see excessive amounts of compression- bitrate for 2 movies on a single layer usually stays around 2-3 when it should be at least 5.
Old 04-02-11, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
Children of the Corn II has new artwork.
Nice. They keep with the blue color scheme that has been associated with the film. Though I perfer the UK Cinema Club cover personaly. This cover reminds me when that one dude mistook COTC for VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED on Bravo's 30 Even Scarrier Moments special.

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
It was on DVD, but OOP and expensive.
Yeah, that DVD with the black and whitec over is a Bootleg. Not just that, but a bootleg of the UK cut. Would rather buy the FWV version.

Now, as for the thing about COTC 2 being widescreen, this is something which the Anchor Bay UK dvd also have - it is an open matte version of the film in OAR. You will have to adjust the aspect setting on your TV (if you got one with a built in blu-ray/DVD player) but other than that atleast it is better than full screen.

The only thing I am disapointed in is that they could buy some stuff from Anchor Bay. The audio commentary is out there. Not to mention,

David Price has uploaded the US theatrical trailer:
-h-t-t-p-:-/-/-w-w-w-.-y-o-u-t-u-b-e-.-c-o-m-/-w-a-t-c-h-?-v-=-y-0-R-P-G-Q-D-i-L-1-E-

There is an interesting international trailer:
h-t-t-p-:-/-/-w-w-w-.-y-o-u-t-u-b-e-.-c-o-m-/-w-a-t-c-h-?-v-=-N-x-R-7-4-c-9-X-T-P-k

A crew member actualy made a mini making of
h-t-t-p-:-/-/-w-w-w-.-y-o-u-t-u-b-e-.-c-o-m-/-w-a-t-c-h-?-v-=-c-Q-4-l-T-6-x-a-s-Q-8-&-f-e-a-t-u-r-e-=-r-e-l-a-t-e-d

Seeing how copyrights about this stuff is less expensive than how Japanese companies do it, there should be no real problem licensing this stuff. Miramax owns it anyway and really, I bet if they spent a minimum of $1000, they could make the best DVD of the film out there. Technicaly, they would have those funds if they didn't think it was neccessary to reissue COTC 3 and 4 on DVD. Those films are still being sold for peanuts by the bundle on ebay. Kind of makes me, a die hard COTC fan (among many other things) want to join up with them to make a SE as a special features producer. Maybe even try to manage a small filming group to make a making of documentry. But now, I am just fantasizing.

Now, since there is some confusion as to the "cut" version of the film, here is the thing - along with being marketed on both the "Final Sacrifice" and "Deadly Harvest" subtitles (actualy, in Germany it was called DEADLY HARVEST: Children of the Corn II), the print used in Europe was a work print. The "demonic voice" audio is not in the print, nor the digital effects scenes with the exception of the shots of He Who Walks Behind the Rows leaving Micha's body (which is not finished but looks good), and uses more of Daniel Litch's original score (particularly the original opening. The opening music used for the US version is not Litch's at all).
Old 04-03-11, 02:16 AM

If it's dual-layer, you should be able to tell by looking at the playing surface if you're a geek like me. If there's no printed label on side 2 (which they seem to be doing a lot with recent 2-sided discs and I think is very stupid) there'll be 2 sets of etchings in the center visible, possibly overlapping each other. Failing that, you could check on a computer and see if the total space is more than 4.75 GB. Of course it'll be obvious if you watch the disc and see excessive amounts of compression- bitrate for 2 movies on a single layer usually stays around 2-3 when it should be at least 5.
I bought the Midnight Horror Collection and I'm watching "Awaken the Dead" (on my blu-ray player) and it is really fuzzy & graining and lots pixels. Kinda hard to watch.
Old 04-03-11, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The total space was about 4 GB.
Old 04-03-11, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by DaveM4964
I saw the Hellraiser and Children Of The Corn triple feature discs at my K-Mart today for $7.50 each.
Hellraiser 3 is full screen. incredible.

I also found the sound to be poor... footsteps had a echo to them... ugh..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.