DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Scooby Doo: Where Are You! Complete Series - 11/9/10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/577081-scooby-doo-where-you-complete-series-11-9-10-a.html)

Jedi Master 33 07-26-10 05:32 PM

Scooby Doo: Where Are You! Complete Series - 11/9/10

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sco...nnounced/14141

http://www.scoobyfan.net/sd_complete_1.jpg

http://www.scoobyfan.net/sd_complete_2.jpg

There will be eight discs, so it looks like they're doing away with the flipper disc from season 3.

kstublen 07-26-10 06:19 PM

Re: Scooby Doo: Where Are You! Complete Series - 11/9/10

Originally Posted by Jedi Master 33 (Post 10288310)
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sco...nnounced/14141

http://www.scoobyfan.net/sd_complete_1.jpg

http://www.scoobyfan.net/sd_complete_2.jpg

There will be eight discs, so it looks like they're doing away with the flipper disc from season 3.

The 8th Disc is a Bonus Disc with Special Features.

Spottedfeather 07-26-10 06:26 PM

No sale. That is a ridiculous way to have the discs. Just about as dumb as the Comic Store Guy packaging of the Simpsons. It unfolded and you had to slide the disc inbetween the cardboard. The disc could get scratched. Don't studios realize people don't want to have their dvds kept that way ?

Jedi Master 33 07-26-10 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by kstublen (Post 10288405)
The 8th Disc is a Bonus Disc with Special Features.

Yes, but the current Season 3 release is two discs. It looks like it will be three in this set.

mdnitoil 07-26-10 08:00 PM

It would be more impressive if it had the missing Scooby Doo new movies. Otherwise, is there anybody left who is interested in this material who doesn't already have it?

Joe Buck 07-26-10 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by mdnitoil (Post 10288547)
Otherwise, is there anybody left who is interested in this material who doesn't already have it?

Hi!

:blush:

bobert3 07-26-10 10:15 PM

Retails for $79.95, not worth a double dip for that price.

Jedi Master 33 07-26-10 10:19 PM

The SRP is 79.95, it will be cheaper on Amazon and stuff. For the diehard Scooby fan like mysef, this is probably worth a double dip for the packaging and the bonus disc.

The Monkees 07-27-10 12:17 AM

That packaging is awesome! I may have to rebuy this especially with a special features disc. But what are the features?

calhoun07 07-27-10 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather (Post 10288419)
No sale. That is a ridiculous way to have the discs. Just about as dumb as the Comic Store Guy packaging of the Simpsons. It unfolded and you had to slide the disc inbetween the cardboard. The disc could get scratched. Don't studios realize people don't want to have their dvds kept that way ?

That is the main reason I never picked up that season of the Simpsons. I really wish Fox would re-release it with new packaging. (or have they??? hopefully...)

calhoun07 07-27-10 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees (Post 10288961)
That packaging is awesome! I may have to rebuy this especially with a special features disc. But what are the features?

Commentary by Scrappy Doo!

MadonnasManOne 07-27-10 01:50 AM

I'm in for this! I don't own any of them on DVD, so, I'm in luck by waiting to get this set. However, I'm not understanding how this packaging works. It shows only one disc sticking up. Where are the others? Forgive me if I'm not understanding how the discs are stored, but, I can't really tell by the packaging shots.

Jedi Master 33 07-27-10 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne (Post 10289062)
I'm in for this! I don't own any of them on DVD, so, I'm in luck by waiting to get this set. However, I'm not understanding how this packaging works. It shows only one disc sticking up. Where are the others? Forgive me if I'm not understanding how the discs are stored, but, I can't really tell by the packaging shots.

There's more than one disc in there, you just have to look closer.

neilo13 07-27-10 07:18 AM

Does anyone know if this will include the 8 "missing" episodes that have not been released yet on dvd? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scooby-Doo_Show see SDLA list)

Trevor 07-27-10 07:27 AM

I've been holding off. I was going to be in for the series eventually, but this packaging is so cool I may not wait long.

Trevor 07-27-10 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by neilo13 (Post 10289192)
Does anyone know if this will include the 8 "missing" episodes that have not been released yet on dvd? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scooby-Doo_Show see SDLA list)

<s>Iirc, only 32 episodes have been released on DVD so far. The link in the first post says that all 41 episodes will be included.</s>
Edit to add: Above line incorrect, see a few posts down for complete series history.

I wonder if the featurettes on the first two releases will be carried over.

joltman 07-27-10 10:52 AM

What is included in this Complete Series set is the original two-season run of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You from 1969-70 (two seasons for a total of 25 episodes) and the 'third season' of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You from 1978 (16 episodes), which that Wikipedia article refers to as the third season of The Scooby-Doo Show. The episodes here were previously released in the two Scooby-Doo, Where Are You season sets ('The Complete 1st and 2nd Seasons' and 'The Complete Third Season').

neilo13 07-27-10 10:56 AM

so it looks like I will still be missing those episodes :gah: :mad:
On the bright side, I won't have to sell off my current copies and spend $80.

Trevor 07-27-10 11:53 AM

Ok, this should be right: All episodes were 30 minute segments except for the "movies", which were 60 minutes (~20 and 40 minutes not including commercials).

<table border="2"><tr><td>Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! </td> <td> 25 episodes</td></td> <td>1969-1970</td> <td>released on DVD as Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! seasons 1 & 2</td></tr> <tr><td>The New Scooby-Doo Movies</td> <td>24 episodes</td> <td>1972-1973</td> <td>15 of them released on DVD as The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies</td></tr> <tr><td>The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour </td> <td>16 episodes</td> <td>1976</td><td>released on DVD as The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour - The Complete Series</td></tr> <tr><td>Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics</td> <td>8 episodes</td> <td>1977</td> <td> unreleased</td></tr> <tr><td>Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! / Scooby's All-Stars</td> <td>16 episodes (6/10)</td> <td> 1978</td> <td>released on DVD as Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! season 3</td></tr></table>

I refuse to take the table farther out in time, as anything involving Scrappy should be removed from the planet.

zombeaner 07-27-10 12:07 PM

I might have to get this to put next to my Flintstones complete set.

neilo13 07-27-10 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 10289610)
Ok, this should be right: All episodes were 30 minute segments except for the "movies", which were 60 minutes (~20 and 40 minutes not including commercials).

<table border="2"><tr><td>Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! </td> <td> 25 episodes</td></td> <td>1969-1970</td> <td>released on DVD as Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! seasons 1 & 2</td></tr> <tr><td>The New Scooby-Doo Movies</td> <td>24 episodes</td> <td>1972-1973</td> <td>15 of them released on DVD as The Best of The New Scooby-Doo Movies</td></tr> <tr><td>The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour </td> <td>16 episodes</td> <td>1976</td><td>released on DVD as The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour - The Complete Series</td></tr> <tr><td>Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics</td> <td>8 episodes</td> <td>1977</td> <td> unreleased</td></tr> <tr><td>Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! / Scooby's All-Stars</td> <td>16 episodes (6/10)</td> <td> 1978</td> <td>released on DVD as Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! season 3</td></tr></table>

I refuse to take the table farther out in time, as anything involving Scrappy should be removed from the planet.

Trevor, your table is correct (including the fact that scrappy episodes do not exist). As an additional note the episode "Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats" from the Laff-a-Lympicss is available on Scooby's Scariest Tales dvd.

Does anyone know why these 8 episodes aren't being included anywhere? I would gladly suffer a double dip of the series for these additional 8 episodes, including one of my top 5, "The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race".

joltman 07-27-10 01:37 PM

I'm guessing it's just a 'logistics' thing of how to release them. Everything released has been released as it originally aired (with the partial exception of the 'third season' of Where Are You), meaning the episodes that originally aired as a package have been released that way (ie Scooby/Dynomutt). But, in the case of those eight episodes, they aired with Laff-A-Lympics, and it looks like the Laff-A-Lympics episodes are getting released on their own, so how would they release those 8 episodes?

Mike86 07-27-10 01:44 PM

The packaging is a cool idea but the way the discs are stored is stupid. Why not just have the back portion of the van hollowed out and the discs in paper sleeves or a digipack of some kind? I hate discs that are stacked on top of one another. I still might be interested in this since I haven't picked any of the Scooby releases up.

mgdeals 07-27-10 05:17 PM

Wow, that looks like a lot of wasted space for a few DVDs, but so cool I might have to get it.

smurr05 07-27-10 06:38 PM

Never bought any of these so I'm in for one of these with the cooool packaging!:)