Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Cemetery Junction - August 17, 2010 - New film from Gervais and Merchant

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-10, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cemetery Junction - August 17, 2010 - New film from Gervais and Merchant

dvdactive.com reports that Sony will release the film on DVD in August.

Extras will include commentary with Writers/Directors Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, a cast commmentary with Christian Cooke, Tom Hughes, and Jack Doolan, deleted scenes, and 2 featurettes ("The Directors: A Conversation with Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant", "The Lads Look Back: The Stars Discuss Cemetery Junction"). The Blu-ray release will include all of the above, plus the following additional featurettes ("Seventies Style: Production and Costume Design", "Snow Dude", "The Start of Filming", "Week 1", "Meet The Boys", "The Directors On Set").
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XYDeHIszUqA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XYDeHIszUqA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-ESq-Z8Vqc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-ESq-Z8Vqc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't believe this ever got a stateside theatrical release, unless I missed it. Nonethless, I'll be looking to check this one out.

Last edited by MrSmearkase; 06-07-10 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-07-10, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Cemetery Junction - August 17, 2010 - New film from Gervais and Merchant

I was talking to a fellow film writer, a Brit, and he said it tanked in the UK, opening at number 5, and theorized that it scared Sony away from a US release. Too bad.

Looking forward to it and the commentary. Nothing is funnier than Merchant trying to make Gervais laugh.
Old 06-07-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I think Gervais is stuck at a point where people want the uncomfortable humor of The Office or Extras and don't care about anything else he tries. The Invention of Lying did suck, but the trailer for this looks a lot more enjoyable than the trailer of the the former.
Old 09-25-10, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Bump.

I watch the UK charts like I do the US and I did notice where this wasn't a huge hit in England. Which is too bad. I just got this from Netflix today and I loved it. It's definitely a dramedy but there are plenty of laugh out loud laughs. A wonderful film. I'm buying this one.