Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost: Season Six Set or Complete Series?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-10, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which are you going to buy?:

Lost: Season 6 - The Final Season
Includes:
* Every Sixth Season Episode
* Bloopers and Deleted Scenes
* Audio Commentaries accompany four episodes (LA X, Dr. Linus, Ab Aeterno and Across The Sea)
* The End: Crafting A Final Season – Join the LOST team along with other producers of some of television’s longest running shows as they examine the challenges of ending a landmark series.
* A Hero’s Journey – What makes a hero? Which survivors of Oceanic 815 are true heroes? These questions and more are explored.
* See You In Another Life, Brotha – Unlocks the mysteries of this season’s intriguing flash sideways.
* ‘LOST on Location’ – Behind-the-scenes featurette showcasing stories from the set, including all-new interviews with actors and crew.
* PLUS: A LOST Blu-ray & DVD exclusive - Go deeper into the world of LOST with a much-anticipated new chapter of the island's story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Lost: The Complete Series:
Includes:
* Every Episode in the Series (Seasons 1 through 6)
* Over 30hrs of Season 1-6 Bonus materials (previously released materials from Season 1-5 and the all-new Season 6 bonus material)
* A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.
* Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego’s famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local events and even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.
* A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.
* Humorous yet emotional look at every character who died on the series
* 16 hilarious Lost “Slapdowns” featurettes showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.
* The exciting collectible packaging also includes:
o Special Edition collectible ‘Senet’ Game as seen in Season Six
o Custom LOST island replica
o Exclusive episode guide
o Collectible Ankh
o Black light penlight

Last edited by PHMustang2000; 05-30-10 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-30-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Lost: Season Six Set or Complete Series?

I was gonna get the complete series set, but that packaging looks like a goldmine for disc scratching.
Old 05-30-10, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

/\ I don't know... The discs looks like they'll tuck away in those cases.

I'll go with the Complete Series on the cheap down the line, but I don't like the extra packaging. I have no need for the game, nor the shelfspace for such a massive set.
Old 05-31-10, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll probably just go with the Season Six since my space is running low
Old 05-31-10, 02:31 AM

I will be going with the season 6 set. The special features on the complete series set don't sound that interesting to me. I just want this season so I can start rewatching the series from episode 1.
Old 05-31-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Since I have the 1st 4 seasons, I'll just wait on sales to eventually pick up the final 2 seasons.
Old 05-31-10, 05:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've already pre-ordered the CS set since I never bought any of the individual seasons-
Old 05-31-10, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Seeing as I own all of the previous season sets this is a no-brainer for me! Should I spend $148.99 of very tight money or should I spend $38.99 of very tight money? I believe you can figure it out!
Old 05-31-10, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by danwiz
Seeing as I own all of the previous season sets this is a no-brainer for me! Should I spend $148.99 of very tight money or should I spend $38.99 of very tight money? I believe you can figure it out!
So you are buying them both?
Old 06-01-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought season 6 was going to include bonus features that address unanswered Lost questions. Looks like more LOST BS.
Old 06-01-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally posted by danwiz
Originally posted by dhmac
So you are buying them both?

Actually I think I'll buy the COMPLETE SERIES SET plus I'll RE-BUY ALL OF THE SEASON SETS! Oh - guess I'd better buy 2 of Season 6 so that I have the same number of each season set.
Old 06-01-10, 09:07 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

thank g-d!
Lost: Season 6 - The Final Season
Includes:
* Every Sixth Season Episode

i was kinda worried they were gonna leave one or two out and have us buy separately.
Old 06-02-10, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only own 2 of the previous seasons, plan to sell those and then wait for a sale on the Complete Series set.
Old 06-03-10, 12:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nowadays I pretty much only watch deleted scenes and bloopers on these sets. I loved the show, but just don't care to watch people sitting around on Hawaiian beaches and talking about how they applied bruise make-up or fake blood. *yawn*

Plus those other non-disc extras look targeted right at the "Losties" and not normal people who just liked the show. I'll just be getting Season 6. If I was looking to upgrade to Blu-Ray, then maybe I'd consider the Complete Series set. But even then that's a hell of a clunker of a design.

They should have saved the special edition packaging from Season 5 for the complete series set. That I might have considered.
Old 06-03-10, 09:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll just get the season set since I have all of the other sets already. But I'll likely wait a few weeks after release when BB or Target sells it for $20-25 (not a commentary on the show, I just hate paying much more than that when they can be had from time to time for well under $30).
Old 06-04-10, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

After being dicked over by companies like ADV I learned to wait for the complete sets at the end.