Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Tenchi Muyo OVA

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tenchi Muyo OVA

I have been a lifelong anime fan, specifically mech and harem type shows. I really would like to get the Tenchi Muyo OVA, which I understand is 20 episodes. I found the last 7 episodes, Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki, but I haven't been able to find the first 13 episode set, which I've seen called Tenchi Muyo!, on amazon. That set is out of print, as far as I can see, but I haven't been able to find the first set anywhere. Does anyone here know where to find it at a reasonable price ? There's no way I'm paying 300 dollars for a 3 disc set.
Old 04-15-10, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Re: Tenchi Muyo OVA

All I can suggest is looking for it used at pawn shops or used cd shops.
Old 04-16-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I remembered something else, the original OVA was released twice on single disc versions (3-4 eps) each. Second run had the red "Signature Series" banner across the top.

You can keep an eye out for those at used CD shops and such also, or if you have a store like FYE near you, they also sell used discs alongside their new and all seem to have a good selection of anime. If you don't mind getting the single discs and going to a few different locations, you might be able to get them that way.
Old 04-17-10, 11:51 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad timing ... I just sold my still sealed Signature Series set (and for far less than $300). From ebay, it looks like R4 sets are available, if you're ok with that. Otherwise, you might be forced to cross your fingers and hope for a reprint.