Old 03-06-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by ardathbey
"This should have been on it"

Yes, you're all right. Let's make each set that's put out 10 exhaustive discs that most people won't pay for and stores won't carry.

Brilliant.

If they don't turn a profit on their DVDs, their not putting any out.
We've gotten a TON of stuff, and none of it's ever gonna be perfect.
The truth is, the match selection on the WWE compilations used to be a LOT better. I think around 2005, when they really started released three disc bio/match comps, was when they started to pick up steam, and to me were great up until maybe last year.

I just happen to notice not only the trend, but people reacting to the trend. Yes, the documentaries on The Rock and Stone Cold were great, but the match listings were pretty bad. You advertise 2, 3, 4 discs, you should deliver on all of them. The match listings were either small, repeated, or both. The content for the new Edge DVD is NOTHING but repeats. The Clash DVD happens to be the latest disappointment.

It does appear that WWE is gearing their content choices to a whole new generation of wrestling that they assume has never seen anything from before, say, 2007. I've noticed that the match choices are really obvious, lacking gems or unknown TV matches, and skimping pretty heavily. A lot of people have noticed it.

Trust me, as someone really eager to buy the next WWE DVD, I'm not looking for excuses to not add to my collection, but I'm only going to do it if it's worth it.

I'm not taking your comments personally, I just think there is a reason behind the grievances. To me, the SECOND televised match between Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan would be an ideal match for a COTC set, especially given that they're probably not going to release another set on Hogan and/or Flair anytime soon.
Old 03-06-12, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have every Clash of the Champions show already, and I watched them a lot. And I know some of the matches they picked for the WWE Clash dvd is just so mind boggling.

Ivan Koloff vs. Ricky Morton for one.

The Freebirds vs. Z-Man and Young Pistols is the other. That match opened up the Clash as the opening match and lasted 5 minutes or so. Nothing special at all.

Cactus Jack vs. Mil Mascaras is a horrible match!! Even Cactus says that in his first book he wrote.

I just feel like way too many important matches or moments which happened on the Clash events got over looked, because some idiot who isn't familiar with the Clash of the Champions, just picked out names he knew or that he knew the WWE fans would know, so he used those matches.

Well done WWE, well done....
Old 03-06-12, 02:53 PM

Well, I'm looking forward to it anyway I don't have any of the matches on other sets, other than one.
Old 03-08-12, 11:04 AM

Nigel McGuinness is seeking funding to produce a documentary about his career.

With a minimum donation of $30 he'll send you a finished copy of the documentary on DVD when it's finished in July:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ness?ref=email

Over six weeks, at the end of 2011, I completed my retirement tour. I have over sixty hours of footage that I either shot myself or with the help of whatever friend or stranger I could find. It was not ideal - not like I'd hoped or imagined - but then neither was my career.

What is was, however, was an intimate and heartfelt insight into the industry I spent my life pursuing and the final step of my childhood dream as I traveled the world on my journey. Part documentary, part shoot DVD, you will see the amazing characters I met along the way and the emotional journey I took.

Most of us who were professional wrestlers never made it to the heights of fame and fortune in WWE. For us, the world of independent professional wrestling was our life. Away from the lights and TV cameras, away from sports entertainment, it is our piece of the dream we all had when we were fans, shared with the fans that get it. And this is one of our stories.

Moving on from wrestling is the toughest decision I have ever had to make. I am looking to get the funding, not only to make the documentary, but also to learn the skills to be able to explore other avenues beyond the ring in the future.

More than this though, I think it's a story everyone will enjoy and learn from. I know I did.
Old 03-09-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WWE will be releasing a "Falls Count Anywhere Matches" DVD/Blu-ray in June;

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-falls-...blu-ray/21859/
Old 03-09-12, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
WWE will be releasing a "Falls Count Anywhere Matches" DVD/Blu-ray in June;

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-falls-...blu-ray/21859/
Really?? Wow... the WWE is clearly running out of ideas for wrestling dvds if this is what's being made.
Old 03-09-12, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by jammer311
Really?? Wow... the WWE is clearly running out of ideas for wrestling dvds if this is what's being made.
It will be probably be a bunch of repeats.
Old 03-10-12, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kaori00
It will be probably be a bunch of repeats.
It's okay, it just means that we may get that WWE dvd set that we all have been waiting for....

"WWE: Break Up That Pin!! The Best of the Run Ins by the Superstars of the WWE"

Watch as John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Title, and as Cena goes for the pin... Alex Riley does a run in to break up the count!

It's 3 discs of these kind of matches, for your home viewing entertainment!!
Old 03-11-12, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by jammer311
It's okay, it just means that we may get that WWE dvd set that we all have been waiting for....

"WWE: Break Up That Pin!! The Best of the Run Ins by the Superstars of the WWE"

Watch as John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Title, and as Cena goes for the pin... Alex Riley does a run in to break up the count!

It's 3 discs of these kind of matches, for your home viewing entertainment!!

They should follow up with............

"WWE Divas Botchamania! These no talent air heads botch everything including walking!"

Watch the audience sleeping or go take a piss break for 9 hours!

The best botch moves are captured here in this yawning 9 hour 3 DVD set!
Old 03-11-12, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"WWE Divas Botchamania! These no talent air heads botch everything including walking!"

With bonus extras on those "talented" Bella Twins. How they still have a gig is beyond me.
Old 03-20-12, 01:07 PM

i see highspots sells compliation dvd sets, custom made, i was wondering what other sites do this, what are some of the best sites for this if your looking for dvds with stuff never released like say a
"goldberg volume 1" or best of goldberg
Old 03-20-12, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You'll be able to fit every single match from 2011 on 1 DVD.
Old 03-21-12, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
i see highspots sells compliation dvd sets, custom made, i was wondering what other sites do this, what are some of the best sites for this if your looking for dvds with stuff never released like say a
"goldberg volume 1" or best of goldberg
Probably ioffer...the content used on Highspots are mostly stuff released outside of North America that Highspots purchased, they can't release compilations of WCW, WWE/F matches because WWE own them.

They have tons of Japan compilations like Vader, Sting, British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, Scott Hall, Chris Jericho, etc.
Old 03-22-12, 06:15 PM

regarding ecw supercards/ppvs
how good quality and editing is the rfvideo stuff
and are the delta released stuff uncensored and region free in dvd quality picture, and how much do they go for
Old 03-22-12, 06:29 PM

also are there any good stores preferably in north america that sells delta ecw dvds, i see play.com sells tagged classics as well as delta ecw, they seem to have everything with free shipping is this site good?
Old 03-22-12, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

regarding ecw supercards/ppvs
how good quality and editing is the rfvideo stuff
and are the delta released stuff uncensored and region free in dvd quality picture, and how much do they go for
The RF Video quality is decent, as its taken from VHS master tapes. Longer shows (over 2.5 hours) are spaced out on 2 discs. I have several of them including couple Best of like the Raven vs. Sandman Feud and Best of the Arena. Quality is pretty good.

The Delta releases are uncensored, but most theme music are dubbed. They are region free, but in PAL format so you would still need a region free DVD player and your TV and/or DVD player would have to convert to NTSC. The picture quality is VHS quality since they are just transfers with chapters and extras added

also are there any good stores preferably in north america that sells delta ecw dvds, i see play.com sells tagged classics as well as delta ecw, they seem to have everything with free shipping is this site good?
I don't think play.com ship to North America so best bet is ebay or if locally check out craigslist or kijiji.

Last year i found a seller on craigslist in Toronto selling majority of his ECW Delta releases. I bought 10 of them, with 3 actually still factory sealed; Living Dangerously 2000, Anarchy Rulz 2000 and Massacre on 34th Street, total of $100. The other 7 DVDs were also in mint condition.
Old 03-22-12, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a very nice discovery today: I picked up the keepcase version of "The Twisted, Disturbed Life of Kane," something I always wanted.

I remember when this set was announced, I was really excited, because I'm a fan of Kane and I loved the match listing. To me, it's the perfect combination of old classics and unexpected TV gems, which not a lot of sets incorporate.

But when it was released, I was disappointed to see it was packaged in cheap cardboard, that, according to everyone, scratched up the discs. I'm very ocd about packaging, so despite wanting the set, I didn't buy it.

Then I heard about how Walmart had released it in a keepcase, and I was excited. Only problem is, I'm nowhere near a Walmart. Not even close. Nor did I see any listing for it on ebay.

But today, somehow I found it brand new at FYE for $6.99, and I couldn't be happier.

I don't own the first two UT/Kane matches, so that's enough for me. But the first match against Mankind, the Chain match and Title vs. Title match against Triple H, the cage match against RVD, BOTH matches against Shane (the Ambulance is a favorite), his first match against HBK, the two gimmick matches against Edge from their 2005 feud, a TV match against Umaga, his first match against Booker T, and often forgotten champion vs. champion match from 2008 against Undertaker.

This is an awesome set, and between finding the version I wanted, brand new, in good condition, for $7, I'm ridiculously excited.
Old 03-25-12, 10:01 AM

Anyone know what's on the Rock "great ones" DVD Toys R Us has free with any total WWE purchase of $30 or more?
Old 03-26-12, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by KurtK26
Anyone know what's on the Rock "great ones" DVD Toys R Us has free with any total WWE purchase of $30 or more?
There are 5 chapters and runs a little over 1 hour. Here is the content:

November 17, 1996
Kevin Kelly Interviews Rocky Maivia
The Day of Survivor Series 1996

Raw – May 25, 1998
Non-Title Match
The Rock vs. Triple H

Raw – September 14, 1998
The Rock vs. Kane

Royal Rumble – January 23, 2000
The Rock wins the Royal Rumble

Raw – June 2, 2003
The Highlight Reel

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-rock-g...clusive/22324/
Old 03-26-12, 04:59 PM

I was just wondering if anyone can get hold of this toys r us exclusive of the rock DVD for me sent to the UK? I'm willing to pay $50 plus postage? Let me know kind regards.
Old 03-28-12, 01:04 PM

So apparently No Holds Barred the movie is going to be released finally! Never thought that would happen.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-releas...k-hogan/22364/
Old 03-28-12, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drew4824
So apparently No Holds Barred the movie is going to be released finally! Never thought that would happen. http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-releas...k-hogan/22364/
Rip it! I'll buy it! I hope the DVD/BluRay will have both Hogan/Beefcake vs Savage/Zeus matches as extras!
The Summerslam 89 match and the cage match (which was part of the No Holds Barred Movie/Match PPV) LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 03-28-12 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-28-12, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by drew4824
So apparently No Holds Barred the movie is going to be released finally! Never thought that would happen.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-releas...k-hogan/22364/
Haha, I'll definitely but that.
Old 03-28-12, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by tickc317
I was just wondering if anyone can get hold of this toys r us exclusive of the rock DVD for me sent to the UK? I'm willing to pay $50 plus postage? Let me know kind regards.
Hey do you still need this DVD? If so I have one avaliable email me at [email protected]
Old 03-29-12, 01:57 AM

Just got it from eBay at at $25 if you want to let yours go for that to the UK I will take it. Let me know. Kind regards.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.