DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-11, 11:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by sg2386
Yes...all footage is in HD quality and of course you get few exclusives.
Thank you, I will order those with DX One Last Stand and John Cena Experience which will cost me $130 bucks, pretty expensive but I am sure it will be worth it!
Old 08-08-11, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jammer311
Yeah but there is gonna have to be a time soon when the WWE says "no more DVDs". They did it in 2004 with VHS tapes, they knew that was a thing of the past, and they held on a lot longer than they should have when it came to VHS.

I don't have a Blu Ray player yet, but I am gonna buy the Blu Ray of the Bret/Shawn dvd, just cause they were my faves when I was younger and because it has extra stuff on it. By doing that, it is making me purchase a Blu Ray player. Which is probably the smart thing to do now anyhow, since all Blu Rays (not just wrestling, but movies in general) have the extra stuff on them, and not so much on the DVD releases anymore.

As for the "terrible idea, there is a lot of wrestling DVDs that has not been on Blu Ray yet" well yeah, so?? There is a shit load of VHS tapes that never made it to DVD. The past is the past when it comes to that, WWE will eventually have to just make Blu Ray releases of their product because in a few years, DVDs will be a thing of the past.
Eventually, yes, but why do it now and leave a lot of money on the table? The adoption rate of Blu-ray as a format is a hell of a lot slower than was the case for DVD. It would be asinine of them to just shut off a huge segment of their market like that. It would be like Sony stopping production of the Playstation 2 and releasing games for it in 2006 when they brought out the PS3. There is simply too big of an installed user base for standard DVD for them to just ignore.

Traditionally, WWE has been a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to format changes. They didn't even release all PPV's on DVD until 2002-well after it had become the #1 format. The fact that they continued to release stuff on VHS as late as 2004 should tell you everything. Also, and I don't know any other way to say this without being stereotypical, but a lot of wrestling fans that I come into contact with don't exactly seem to be rolling in money. Hell, I read posts on wrestling forums from people who say they still tape WWE TV every week......on a VCR. In 2011. It would behoove WWE to continue to release on DVD for quite some time.
Old 08-08-11, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Traditionally, WWE has been a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to format changes. They didn't even release all PPV's on DVD until 2002-well after it had become the #1 format. The fact that they continued to release stuff on VHS as late as 2004 should tell you everything. Also, and I don't know any other way to say this without being stereotypical, but a lot of wrestling fans that I come into contact with don't exactly seem to be rolling in money. Hell, I read posts on wrestling forums from people who say they still tape WWE TV every week......on a VCR. In 2011. It would behoove WWE to continue to release on DVD for quite some time.
In 2001 they released every ppv and compilation on DVD (besides No Way Out 2001, which is a shame since that was one of the best ppvs of 2001).

It's true though about WWE being slow on format changes. Even UFC haven't even started to release all their ppvs on Blu-ray, with exception to 100...they have have been pumping out the best of's and compilations though.

I read that later this year (or maybe next year) TNA might release their first blu-ray...i could see it being a Best of Impact since switching to HD in late 2008. In Canada we don't even get Spike HD so would be great to have.
Old 08-08-11, 04:28 PM

I don't think DVDs are going anywhere, otherwise they wouldn't have made BD Players to play and upgrade DVDs. I thought the reason for getting rid of videos was because of the extremely bad quality, and them not lasting long without getting chewed up.
Old 08-08-11, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like WWE are producing a King of the Ring set;

Booker T revealed on his Twitter account (BookerT5x) earlier today that WWE is going ahead with a new King of the Ring DVD release, and that he’ll be hosting it.

A King of the Ring themed DVD was first revealed to be under consideration at WWE back in May, when it was included on an in depth survey sent out to fans.

Booker T left the following messages on Twitter:

Yes new project? I’m going to host the king of the ring DVD later this month, you heard from me first. Tell what u think.

Yes I’m going to do it as the greatest king of them all KING BOOKAAAA!!!!!!!!

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-king-o...11-2012/16144/
Too bad it's not an Anthology.
Old 08-08-11, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In 2001 they released every ppv and compilation on DVD (besides No Way Out 2001, which is a shame since that was one of the best ppvs of 2001).
Yup. No Way Out is exactly why I said 2002 rather than '01.
Old 08-08-11, 06:30 PM
Banned

Looks like WWE are producing a King of the Ring set;

Too bad it's not an Anthology.
Owen Hart better be in it, Owen is the King of Harts!
Old 08-09-11, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pre-release photos for OMG are posted...again WWE decides to flip flop on the content which is not printed on the packaging.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-omg-to...-photos/16218/
Old 08-09-11, 12:15 PM
Banned

Pre-release photos for OMG are posted...again WWE decides to flip flop on the content which is not printed on the packaging.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-omg-to...-photos/16218/
The inside artwork is awful and they need to make up their minds about printing contents on the packaging! I am getting the Blu-Ray, I am sure it will be the same awful artwork inside
Old 08-09-11, 01:10 PM

Not sure if it's going to scan or not but atleast two of the k-marts near me put out money in the bank early. Price is $14.99.
Old 08-09-11, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingsSooners
The inside artwork is awful and they need to make up their minds about printing contents on the packaging! I am getting the Blu-Ray, I am sure it will be the same awful artwork inside
I totally agree with you on the content format. Either insert the contents like they did in the past or just print them on the side. Enough of the bouncing around already!

Mark, any chance you'll be making inserts for the OMG DVD coming out on 8/23/2011?
Old 08-09-11, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dan31655
Not sure if it's going to scan or not but atleast two of the k-marts near me put out money in the bank early. Price is $14.99.
Dan, let us know if you manage to get it earlier than the street date indicated. Hoping it works.
Old 08-11-11, 08:48 AM

Got my You Shoot Perry Saturn & You Shoot Danny Doring dvds, going to watch them this weekend. Looking forward to picking up MITB, can't wait to see the first WWE ***** rated match by Dave Meltzer in years.
Old 08-12-11, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Bret/HBK cover has been revealed:

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-michae...d-cover/16281/

Looks pretty good, simple and effective.
Old 08-12-11, 02:24 PM
Banned

The Bret/HBK cover has been revealed:

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-michae...d-cover/16281/

Looks pretty good, simple and effective.
Not liking the cover, the old cover is better
Old 08-12-11, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I much prefer this new one. Sure, it's basic, but there's nothing wrong with that at all, imo. I'm tired of all the loud obnoxious ones where they try to cram 30 images on the cover. It will be especially nice if they keep going with this "rivalry" series, where they all hopefully keep the same design.
Old 08-12-11, 05:03 PM

I like the 'concept' of the cover but that black background on the Shawn vs. Bret looks stupid (its like someone forgot to remove it).

Also in answer to a question a few posts back... Yes I'll do a OMG insert, if anyone wants it. Also I have a Stars of the 21st Century Blu-Ray insert if anyone's interested.
Old 08-13-11, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by md2810
I like the 'concept' of the cover but that black background on the Shawn vs. Bret looks stupid (its like someone forgot to remove it).

Also in answer to a question a few posts back... Yes I'll do a OMG insert, if anyone wants it. Also I have a Stars of the 21st Century Blu-Ray insert if anyone's interested.
Count me in Mark for the DVD version of OMG inserts. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 08-14-11, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by md2810

I could go for a 21st Century Blu-Ray insert.
Old 08-14-11, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

ROH Wrestling is currently having a Buy 3 Get 1 Free Sale. It runs through Monday and is valid only on ROH titles.
Not the best deal out there, but I figured it was worth a mention since their sales have been fairly scarce of late.
Old 08-14-11, 05:59 PM
Cool New Member

Anyone wanna bet that when SummerSlam comes out on DVD Punk will come out to the ring to his old "New Nexus" theme?
Old 08-14-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by babyheel
Anyone wanna bet that when SummerSlam comes out on DVD Punk will come out to the ring to his old "New Nexus" theme?
Probably not...WWE likely secured the rights to use it.

Even THQ has it for WWE '12, and usually that's a good indication if the theme would be on DVD releases.
Old 08-14-11, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by babyheel
Nope, I think it will be his new theme, it's going to be on the WWE '12 video game, so WWE may have secured the rights to it in perpetuity. Only time will tell I guess.
Old 08-14-11, 07:45 PM

Probably not...WWE likely secured the rights to use it.

Even THQ has it for WWE '12, and usually that's a good indication if the theme would be on DVD releases.
What are the odds we'd reply at exactly the same time
Old 08-14-11, 11:36 PM

Content listing is back in new Orton DVD: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/wwe-...-photos/16334/

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:16 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.