DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XIII

Originally Posted by WMAangel
I don't see "The Macho Man" Randy Savage OR Andre The Giant on that cover either....you know they both definitely have to be on a list of 50 Greatest or it is a joke IMO....
i wonder, had Benoit not gone ape shit, would he make their list?
Old 10-09-10, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WWE plans to release the following DVDs in 2011. My source is www.wrestlingepicenter.com.

WWEs Craziest Moments, Goldust, Jerry Lawler, Greg Valentine, Randy Orton, Big Show, Best of WCW Nitro, History of DX, Divas and History of US title.

A lot of people will be excited for the Nitro set I'm sure. I'm also excited for Orton, Lawler, DX and especially US title DVD!
Old 10-09-10, 04:29 PM

I'm verry happy for Best of Goldust for some reason, as well as the King's set. But do we really need another DX DVD? Plus Silvervision said yesterday that the Best of Nitro DVD is nothing more than a rumour. We are getting Raw Best of 2010 Blu/DVD, and I'm sure we will get Raw season 3 and 4 as well though.
Old 10-09-10, 06:14 PM

Content for TNA Greatest Moments DVD: http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/excl...revealed/5709/

(Won't let me copy/paste it)

Last edited by chocoboy87; 06-11-13 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-09-10, 06:24 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
WWE plans to release the following DVDs in 2011. [/url].

WWEs Craziest Moments, Goldust, Jerry Lawler, Greg Valentine, Randy Orton, Big Show, Best of WCW Nitro, History of DX, Divas and History of US title.

A lot of people will be excited for the Nitro set I'm sure. I'm also excited for Orton, Lawler, DX and especially US title DVD!
Sorry to inform you that the above isn't true. The news reporter from that website has taken a wishlist for 2011 from the WWEDVDnews website.
Old 10-09-10, 06:26 PM

List of DVD rumours and what some wrestlers (Goldust, Valentine) had said themselves.
Old 10-09-10, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about to commit the lamest sentence in wrestling fan history to memory:

I will now buy this SOLELY because it features the full match between Hulk Hogan and Abyss against Ric Flair & AJ Styles. I'm unfortunately a huge Hogan mark, and I need to own what could very well end up being his final match (or certainly one of his final matches).
Old 10-10-10, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I'm about to commit the lamest sentence in wrestling fan history to memory:

I will now buy this SOLELY because it features the full match between Hulk Hogan and Abyss against Ric Flair & AJ Styles. I'm unfortunately a huge Hogan mark, and I need to own what could very well end up being his final match (or certainly one of his final matches).
Don't feel lame....sure, Hogan is reviled by "smart marks" since he is a terrible technical wrestler, but he was still one of the most entertaining and biggest money-drawing attractions in history...
Old 10-10-10, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel
Don't feel lame....sure, Hogan is reviled by "smart marks" since he is a terrible technical wrestler, but he was still one of the most entertaining and biggest money-drawing attractions in history...
Hogan can actualy be a good technical wrestler if he needs to, like he was in Japan. The thing is though with both his face and nWo gimmicks, he didn't need to use all that.
Old 10-10-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For people on ROH mailing list, they are having a special 10-10-10 sale for 35% off everything that ends tonight at 10pm (instead of the current 30% off). Just use "special10" as the discount code during the checkout process.

It's not on ROH website and only sent out to people on their mailing list.
Old 10-10-10, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LastRites
Sorry to inform you that the above isn't true. The news reporter from that website has taken a wishlist for 2011 from the WWEDVDnews website.
This is a PERFECT example why we should NOT be posting wishlists of matches and DVDs on the "Official" Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread.
Old 10-10-10, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
This is a PERFECT example why we should NOT be posting wishlists of matches and DVDs on the "Official" Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread.
Is it really that big of a deal? It's not like someone took a list from this thread anyway. You're being far too stringent with the use of "official", since in this instance it is to denote that the thread is THE place to talk wrestling DVD's. It is not implying that only officially confirmed or released DVD's can be discussed. Take a valium or three.
Old 10-11-10, 10:54 PM

It's not a "big" deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's annoying to get excited about a release if you're just browsing through the thread casually only to find that the list is either a wishlist or not officially confirmed.

Also, Hogan wasn't a good technical wrestler in Japan - he was better than he usually was in the U.S., but that doesn't mean he was good. He did the bare minimum of technical wrestling required to have a hot match in the country just like he did in the U.S. The most he showed in the U.S. was probably his WCW debut against Flair, where he did stuff like a rolling cross armbreaker - but while that was impressive by Hogan's standard, it wasn't on par with what was doing at the time by the better technical wrestlers of the day.

Last edited by JPeeples; 10-11-10 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-11-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wish a Hogan in Japan DVD set would be released but I believe WWE owns it
Old 10-11-10, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Is it really that big of a deal?
Yes. It is bad to spread inaccurate information whether it's on purpose or by accident.

Take a valium or three.
No.
Old 10-12-10, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by JJE-187
I wish a Hogan in Japan DVD set would be released but I believe WWE owns it
WWE doesn't own any of Hogan's NJPW matches. They've been able to license stuff before - like for the Benoit set, Inoki's HoF video, or the WAR match in Jericho's set, but they don't own it.
Old 10-12-10, 09:46 AM

LOL @ Wrestlingepicenter as a credible source. Puhhh-leeaaase.

To make this post worthy, I grabbed High Flyers at Best Buy for $19.99, the best price out there (WM was 22.96, FYe was 24.99). Looking forward to watching later on.

Next week we have 2 releases-WWE Night Of Champions & TNA Greatest Moments.
Old 10-12-10, 11:12 AM

just want to point out that hogan was a great wrestler, probably the best, maybe not in a technical way, but he knew how to work the crowd, he had the "it" factor, he got more crowd reaction in 1 punch then most of these high flyers do with all there crazy moves, his promos as a face and heel were great
rock/hogan was perfect example, not a great technical match but still a classic match in its own sense
wrestling is about caring about the character like a movie, thats why all these good technical wrestlers get no reaction, nobody cares about there character
Old 10-12-10, 11:16 AM

Aces, did you also not get an insert in Highest Flyers? It's annoying for PPV DVDs not to have them but to me no insert in a 3 Discer is inexcusable.

A few people didn't here: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/photos-exc...yers-dvd/5774/

Old 10-12-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
I just want to point out that Hogan was a great wrestler. Probably the best. Maybe not in a technical way, but he knew how to work the crowd.

He had the "it" factor: he got more crowd reaction in 1 punch then most of these high flyers do with all their crazy moves. His promos, both as a face and a heel were great.

The Rock vs Hogan match was perfect example. It wasn't a great technical match, but still a classic match in its own sense.

Wrestling is about caring about the character (like in a movie). That's why all these good technical wrestlers get no reaction: nobody cares about their characters.
Fixed.

Just trying to make you sound better (though anyone who thinks the Chumpster is a "great" wrestler is lacking judgement skills).

You make some good points, but very hard to read and figure out when everything is so garbled.
Old 10-12-10, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oy vey, can the marks take their discussion about Hogan to the other wrestling thread?
Old 10-12-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Aces, did you also not get an insert in Highest Flyers? It's annoying for PPV DVDs not to have them but to me no insert in a 3 Discer is inexcusable.

A few people didn't here: http://www.wwedvdnews.com/photos-exc...yers-dvd/5774/

No insert on mine either.
Old 10-12-10, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanboy
Oy vey, can the marks take their discussion about Hogan to the other wrestling thread?
It's not gonna work. Certain posters just can not grasp that this is a dvd discussion thread and that there is an actual wrestling thread in the other forum.
Old 10-12-10, 04:46 PM

No insert in my Highest Flyers dvd either. Purchased it from Walmart, went back and exchanged it, tried 3 copies and none had inserts.
Old 10-12-10, 05:13 PM

No insert in mine. Annoying as hell!

For the record Bought at Best Buy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.