Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-10, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XII

how do you guys record them, during the attitude era i used vhs of course, but i thought dvds could only fit 2 hours of good quality on them, how exactly do you fit it and what about ppvs
Old 03-02-10, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
how do you guys record them, during the attitude era i used vhs of course, but i thought dvds could only fit 2 hours of good quality on them, how exactly do you fit it and what about ppvs
My dvd recorder has flex mode, i leave the commercials in everything. I get raw and SD on 1 disc each and i fit 2 episodes of superstars and ecw on 2 discs, now just do the same with NXT. I just buy the ppvs when they come on dvd, i haven't purchased a ppv since wm 19.
Old 03-02-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I do one episode per disc, recorded in SP (2 hour) mode. I also record mine from the HD feed of whatever channel the show is on, so while the recording isn't actual HD, it is a very nice and clean 480i image. For PPV's, when I do record them I just do two discs. The DVD recorder I use for my WWE programming has a hard drive, so I just record the entire show to the hard drive then go in later, edit out all the commercials and record to disc.
Old 03-02-10, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What a nice surprise to get The rumble on blu-ray today. I was thinking about getting the standard edition before strolling down the blu-ray aisle and seeing it. Totally made my day.
Old 03-02-10, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by shacmasta
What a nice surprise to get The rumble on blu-ray today. I was thinking about getting the standard edition before strolling down the blu-ray aisle and seeing it. Totally made my day.
Same here. I wasn't expecting it until May 4, or even not at all if it had been scrapped. I've been looking forward to it for a while. I was at Best Buy earlier this morning to get a PS3 game and didn't even bother looking for any WWE discs. I came home, found out it was out, and drove my arse back there.
Old 03-02-10, 08:17 PM

Was Just browsing amazon and they have the best of 2009-10 ppv set for release may 18 and the Ricky steamboat dvd due out June 29th.
Old 03-02-10, 08:27 PM

Swung by Best Buy this evening to get the Royal Rumble blu-ray and not one in sight.
Old 03-02-10, 10:19 PM

Just a heads up. I saw several No Way Out 2007 dvds in the $5 Walmart bin. Wonder if this is a sign of more to come?
Old 03-02-10, 11:07 PM

Is the second disc of the Royal Rumble Blu-ray exclusive to Best Buy? Or will that be included when it gets released to all stores?
Old 03-02-10, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ecwfan
Is the second disc of the Royal Rumble Blu-ray exclusive to Best Buy? Or will that be included when it gets released to all stores?
I think the 2 disc will be released everywhere once Best Buy exclusive rights expire May 4.

In Canada however, we get it next Tuesday and it will be the standard 2 disc version.

Ricky Steamboat DVD officially confirmed!!!,

The previously rumored Ricky Steamboat DVD is now a reality. The DVD set will be three discs, and will be released on June 29th of this year. WWE started the interviews and production of the set last week.

Credit: Pwinsider.com

Last edited by sg2386; 03-03-10 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-03-10, 01:13 PM

Didn't find it at my Best Buy, gonna try a different one tomorrow
Old 03-03-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can't wait for the Steamboat release!
Old 03-03-10, 03:07 PM

I don't think the person I know in the US managed to get me the RR 2010 Blu Ray. Would anybody here kindly try for me? I would happily pay you it's cost + shipping to the UK and a bit on top for your trouble (paypal) If your local best buy has them in.
Old 03-03-10, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
I don't think the person I know in the US managed to get me the RR 2010 Blu Ray. Would anybody here kindly try for me? I would happily pay you it's cost + shipping to the UK and a bit on top for your trouble (paypal) If your local best buy has them in.
It is out on SilverVision, too, you know?
Old 03-03-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just spotted the Shawn Michaels DVD Set: My Journey at Wal-Mart here in Illinois, a week before its official release at 20 bucks and had no problem buyig it at checkout, so wanted to give you guys a heads-up.
Old 03-03-10, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
It is out on SilverVision, too, you know?
Of course, just want it as early as possible. I will admit it's extreme but I guess after the Best of Raw & Survivor Series 09 Blu's were cancelled I'm more eager to get another quickly.
Old 03-03-10, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chocoboy87
Of course, just want it as early as possible. I will admit it's extreme but I guess after the Best of Raw & Survivor Series 09 Blu's were cancelled I'm more eager to get another quickly.
Isn't it only a week difference, though, at best? If someone in the US were to buy it and ship it to you, would it even make it to you before next Tuesday? Seems like a rather rash way of doing it instead of just waiting another 6 days.
Old 03-03-10, 07:13 PM

The UK release is sometime in April, not in 6 days. I'm over-enthusiastic but I'm not that over-enthusiastic
Old 03-03-10, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

LOL, oh ok. I thought it was coming out next Tuesday there for some reason. Guess that was only for Canada.
Old 03-03-10, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
hart & soul looks great but there should be atleast 1 dynamite kid/bret hart match from stampede days

but overall it looks great, some great gems and the doc should be 2 hours plus
I agree wholeheartedly that there should been a Dynamite Kid/Bret singles match on there. I mean, it's a no brainer! But even beyond that I think the match selection still leaves a lot to be desired and overall is disappointing. It's not that I have any problem with what HAS been included. There's some great stuff there. But for a fan like me that enjoys seeing older and rare matches mixed in to the DVD sets, this is kind of a bummer. To only have ONE Stampede match on a Hart Family DVD set is pretty pathetic actually. And there's just a feeling to me that the archives could've produced a few more interesting and unexpected treats than what we've got.

My bitching aside, I'm still looking forward to this quite a bit. The documentary will most likely be excellent. Still, I can't help but think that including one extra disk of material could've really put it over the top.
Old 03-03-10, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
LOL, oh ok. I thought it was coming out next Tuesday there for some reason. Guess that was only for Canada.
Yea, Royal Rumble 2010 for Blu-ray and DVD (along with Shawn Michaels: My Journey) will be out in Canada next week.

I still don't get after all these years why Canada gets the PPVs later than US. This time it's actually not bad since it's about 1 or 2 weeks after but couple years ago we use to get the PPVs like almost month or 6 weeks after the release in the US, whereas the other DVDs (Best of, compilation, etc.) would come out the same day as the US.
Old 03-03-10, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Got this one exclusive only. my assumption was May 4 but i was wrong..

Royal Rumble 2010 2 Disc Blu-Ray Bestbuy Exclusive

Old 03-04-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by throwback
Got this one exclusive only. my assumption was May 4 but i was wrong..

Royal Rumble 2010 2 Disc Blu-Ray Bestbuy Exclusive

So wait, does that mean the 2-disc blu-ray IS an exclusive to the states, and that come May 4th the regular blu-ray release will be a one-disc?
Old 03-04-10, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
So wait, does that mean the 2-disc blu-ray IS an exclusive to the states, and that come May 4th the regular blu-ray release will be a one-disc?
It's a possibility, but i doubt that.

I think the 2 disc will be available everywhere, Best Buy just has first dibs on selling it 2 months early.

Here in Canada, we will be getting the 2 disc, not just at Best Buy but everywhere. The UK is also getting it, so i think on May 4, it will just be the same release.
Old 03-04-10, 11:26 AM

Best Buy finally has the Royal Rumble blu-ray in stock on their website so I'll just pick it up from there.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.