DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Justice League: The Complete Series 11-10-09

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-10, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Re: Justice League: The Complete Series 11-10-09

Originally Posted by AlwaysOAR
I've been wondering about this release as well. Ideally, we'd get season 1 in both 1.37 & 1.78, which would satisfy both crowds, and season 2 16:9 enhanced.

Regarding season 1, I only want to add that I generally go with how something is originally premiered. Being that season 1 aired first in 1.37, I go with that. Granted, each episode aired a few days(?) later at 1.78, so it would be ideal in my opinion to have both ratios on any future release of season 1.

Scott
Eh, the creators seemed pretty clear about their preference, and if I were in charge of selecting media to go with humanity to the stars as we left Earth, and I had to choose between the 1.33 or the 1.77 version of Justice League season 1, I'd have no problem whatsoever leaving the 1.33 behind for the cockroaches to watch in their post-apocalyptic world.
Old 06-15-10, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone who thinks that the re-release is going to contain ANYTHING that wasn't in the original release is kidding themselves. If you are that interested though, the different back cover art of both releases is available on Amazon, which is how I knew the UPCs were different.
Old 06-16-10, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
Anyone who thinks that the re-release is going to contain ANYTHING that wasn't in the original release is kidding themselves. If you are that interested though, the different back cover art of both releases is available on Amazon, which is how I knew the UPCs were different.
Well, you did say in your previous post before this one that there might be a difference between this release and the previous one. Though I'm not expecting any difference, other than change in packaging, one can hope.

Scott
Old 09-03-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered this yesterday from WBshop.com. They actually had two versions that appeared to be identical but one was $20 cheaper so I grabbed that. Upon closer examination, the more expensive version said "corrected version" on the top of the page. Supposedly there was an audio error in an episode and 2 of the episodes were in the wrong order. I'm wondering if that's what the rerelease was about.
Old 09-03-10, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

^ Honestly, the inserts and episode guides for the two keepcases were mixed up; they just need to be swapped. That's the corrected difference.

The discs are identical to the individual Justice League and Justice League Unlimited releases.
Old 09-03-10, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Adboy151
^ Honestly, the inserts and episode guides for the two keepcases were mixed up; they just need to be swapped. That's the corrected difference.

The discs are identical to the individual Justice League and Justice League Unlimited releases.
Well then it was well worth the $20 savings. I will swap the covers myself. It's $61.24 plus tax on WBshop.com which is a pretty good price for this.