Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

SuperFriends?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

SuperFriends?

Old 07-23-09, 04:29 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,985
Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
SuperFriends?

Next month the Missing Episodes will be released onto dvd so does this end the series or are there more seasons still remaining? Its hard to follow since it looks like they skipped around and didn't release them in order.
Old 07-24-09, 10:32 AM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 145
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

At the very least the Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog season/episodes are left to come.
Old 07-24-09, 03:19 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 18,347
Received 1,430 Likes on 1,044 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

Originally Posted by JJay
At the very least the Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog season/episodes are left to come.
You know, I only remember seeing old Justice League/Superfriends shows from my youth with either Wendy/Marvin or the purple suited Wonder Twins. Were there runs without any of the pandering proto-Jar Jar characters?
Old 07-24-09, 03:37 PM
  #4  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,973
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: SuperFriends?

I know there was a thread in this forum not so long ago that detailed everything that has been released and what hasn't. Thanks to the shitty search tool, I wasn't able to find it, but if someone does, please feel free to post it.
Old 07-24-09, 04:27 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,985
Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

Since Batman;The Brave and the Bold is doing so well maybe they should bring back Superfriends. I still think they over do it with Superman and Batman and they should go in a different direction.
Old 07-24-09, 04:31 PM
  #6  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

Originally Posted by dx23
I know there was a thread in this forum not so long ago that detailed everything that has been released and what hasn't. Thanks to the shitty search tool, I wasn't able to find it, but if someone does, please feel free to post it.
Maybe this thread?

Edit to add: No, doesn't look like it is there or in this similar thread.

Last edited by Trevor; 07-24-09 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-25-09, 06:57 AM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 145
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
Since Batman;The Brave and the Bold is doing so well maybe they should bring back Superfriends. I still think they over do it with Superman and Batman and they should go in a different direction.
After Green Lantern, a Superman/Batman movie is next for the animated DC universe on DVD.
Old 07-25-09, 03:54 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 1,179
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

Originally Posted by milo bloom
You know, I only remember seeing old Justice League/Superfriends shows from my youth with either Wendy/Marvin or the purple suited Wonder Twins. Were there runs without any of the pandering proto-Jar Jar characters?
Kind of. There was a season of Superfriends that was an hour program. One half would be a story with some heroes and the Wonder Twins. The other half would be the Challenge of the Superfriends, which had them always fighting the Legion of Doom. Those segments did not have the Wonder Twins.

If you look at the DVD releases titled: Challenge of the Superfriends, Volume 1 is a collection of the Legion of Doom stories. Volume 2 is the Wonder Twins segments. There's also Attack of the Legion of Doom and United They Stand. These are the same as Challenge Vol 1 spread over two releases.

Also, there's The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians, which doesn't feature any Marvin & Wendy/Wonder Twins type characters.
Old 07-25-09, 06:57 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 130,343
Received 625 Likes on 503 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

There are definitely some more unreleased besides the '73 Wendy/Marvin eps. For example, the 1979 World's Greatest Superfriends season (there were about a half-dozen half-hour eps in this) and the 1980-1982 set of episodes which were all 7-minute shorts (3 per half-hour). The upcoming 'Lost' set is the last set (part 3) of the 1980-82 run.

This is the best site for a break-down of all the seasons/eps and contains the DVD-release details at the end of each section:
http://user1291318.sites.myregistere...ide/index.html
Old 07-26-09, 12:17 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

Here is the breakdown

Orginal Superfriends 16 episodes #1-16
All New Superfriends Hour 60 episodes #17-76
Challenge of the Superfriends 32 episodes #77-108
World's Greatest Superfriends 8 episodes #109-116
Superfriends 66 episdoes #117-182
Superfriends Lost Episodes 24 episodes #183-206
Superfriends Legendary Super Powers 16 episodes #207-222
Superfriends Galactic Guardians 10 episdoes #223-232

The ones in red have been released. We still need Orginal Superfriends, Superfriends and World's Greatest Superfriends to complete the series.

Last edited by houshour1996; 07-26-09 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-07-09, 09:28 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,054
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

Warner Home Video has announced The Superfriends (1973-74): Season One, Volume One for the 5th January. Retail will be around $26.99. The 2-disc Collector's Edition will include eight 1 hour adventures ("The Power Pirate", "The Baffles Puzzle", "Professor Goodfellow's G.E.E.C.", "The Weather Maker", "Dr. Pelagian's War", "The Shamon 'U'", "Too Hot to Handle", "The Androids").

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...s-1973-74.html

Old 07-21-10, 04:31 PM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 63
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: SuperFriends?

Originally Posted by houshour1996
Here is the breakdown

Orginal Superfriends 16 episodes #1-16
All New Superfriends Hour 60 episodes #17-76
Challenge of the Superfriends 32 episodes #77-108
World's Greatest Superfriends 8 episodes #109-116
Superfriends 66 episdoes #117-182
Superfriends Lost Episodes 24 episodes #183-206
Superfriends Legendary Super Powers 16 episodes #207-222
Superfriends Galactic Guardians 10 episdoes #223-232

The ones in red have been released. We still need Orginal Superfriends, Superfriends and World's Greatest Superfriends to complete the series.
Now that we have the first 16 Superfriends episodes we need the rest to complete the series.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.