DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
I wonder if this will get a UK release, like Hardcore Homecoming did. I sure hope so.
Smart Mark Video actually films the show so it's not a commercial release, unless that is the commercial release and they are just selling it on their site. It used to be they just sold the shows that they recorded themselves. If the show is sold to an actual DVD company, like Big Vision, it would get an official release.

Bob
Old 08-08-09, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanboy
They had that entire match, with the complete Jericho introductions, on WWE Vintage Collection just three weeks ago. It was awesome to see it again!
Yeah I saw that. Thatw as awesome seeing those Cruiserweight/ Light Hevayweight/ Junior Hevayweight Matches On Vintage Collection. But now we are going to have to sit through the same old Summerslam matches that everyone has already seen a thousan times for 2 or 3 weeks
Old 08-10-09, 04:57 PM
Cool New Member

The Survivor Series Anthology sets have been added to Amazon.com for pre-order. Roll on November
Old 08-10-09, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LastRites
The Survivor Series Anthology sets have been added to Amazon.com for pre-order. Roll on November
awesome! seems like a good idea to release them in volumes first time around but it would have been great having a storage box with all the volumes.
Old 08-11-09, 01:42 AM

I can only see volumes 1 and 2 listed so far. Provided those are the only ones released at first, when would you expect the other volumes to be released?

And I'm sure this has been asked in the past threads, but what kind of an anthology set would you like to see after Survivor Series? If they're going to be WWE events I say King Of The Ring (including the 2006 one on Smackdown and 2008 one on Raw) or In Your House. But I'd be thrilled if they started putting out WCW and ECW anthology sets.
Old 08-11-09, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Doctor Zoidberg
I can only see volumes 1 and 2 listed so far. Provided those are the only ones released at first, when would you expect the other volumes to be released?

And I'm sure this has been asked in the past threads, but what kind of an anthology set would you like to see after Survivor Series? If they're going to be WWE events I say King Of The Ring (including the 2006 one on Smackdown and 2008 one on Raw) or In Your House. But I'd be thrilled if they started putting out WCW and ECW anthology sets.
I'd like In Your House ones...there's a decent amount for an anthology (something like 20 to 25 IYH events?) And the packaging would obviously be the In Your House house.
Old 08-11-09, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
I'd like In Your House ones...there's a decent amount for an anthology (something like 20 to 25 IYH events?) And the packaging would obviously be the In Your House house.
In Your House went up until Backlash 1999 in April.
Old 08-11-09, 03:40 AM

And The Survivor Series Anthology comes out on November 3rd.
Old 08-11-09, 08:24 AM

I dont mind them being released in volumes first, i'd assume the rest will come sometime early next year, but cant complain 1987-1996 to start with...better then nothing.

As far as future anthologies i would have thought King of the Ring would be next in line followed by in your house...i doubt we will see wcw anthologies.
Old 08-11-09, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by dillkid
Yeah, I knew that - my number count was off a bit though - there were 28 events. Although some were two hours (basically before late 1997) and some three (anything after late 1997).
Old 08-11-09, 10:31 AM

Hmmm, I curiously await more details on the Survivor Series anthology. I might be interested. I have some fond memories of the late 80s early 90s PPVs.

I'm sure those that don't have them would like to see an ECW PPV anthology. (I still need to complete my set). There are 22 or 23 original ECW PPVs, they could add in the One Night Stand events to even out the number.

WCW Anthologies would also be nice. I'd probably buy some of the early Halloween Havoc volumes.
Old 08-11-09, 11:52 AM

After the Survivor Series I would like to see WCW and ECW Anthologies. However I don’t think that these will get anthology releases for a long… time; because the WCW and ECW events are filled with music which would need dubbed etc. personally I would love to see Halloween Havoc, Starrcade and Great American Bash.

A worry I have about the Survivor Series anthology is that all of the DVDs produced since WWE went "TV PG" the DVDs have followed and blood, weapon, etc have been cut out (like Austin from WM 13 on the stars of the 90s). Hopefully they decide to release the sets as TV-14 with no editing. (This maybe why they have only until 96 so far? as they feature no blood etc)

Also in regard WWE DVDs by the end of 2009 there will be the same amount of sets released as 2008 (really hoping the survivor series doesn’t count as two; as I really want to see a Chris Jericho and Ricky Steamboat) according to the 2nd quarter conference call; the other day.
Old 08-11-09, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dillkid
Technically it went up to Over the Edge the following month, although we'll never see that event released for obvious reasons.
Old 08-11-09, 02:31 PM

would love a halloween havoc set, imo a better ppv than starrcade and superbrawl, in fact fall brawl/wargames and bash the beach are better as well
Old 08-11-09, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Technically it went up to Over the Edge the following month, although we'll never see that event released for obvious reasons.
To my knowledge, OTE was not under the 'In Your House' banner.
Old 08-11-09, 05:22 PM

Yea, Over the Edge 1999 wasn't under the In Your House banner. They ended with Backlash 1999
Old 08-11-09, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up the 3-disc New & Improved DX, finally found a good copy. Can someone answer a question: what's the deal with the packaging? I haven't opened it yet (it was an impluse buy that I may or may not keep). I'm just curious.

Another question for people who've gought the "Tagged Classics" 2-packs here in the states: in the box set, are the individual DVDs shrinkwrapped, and are they in their original keep-cases, or are they packagaged in the new "tabbed" DVD cases that WWE has been using since 2007?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Old 08-11-09, 10:43 PM

I got a few from a friend, they use the new "tabbed" DVD cases and are in their original cases except for Backlash 2004 since Benoit is on the cover. As for them being shrink wrapped separately, i don't know
Old 08-11-09, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony
I picked up the 3-disc New & Improved DX, finally found a good copy. Can someone answer a question: what's the deal with the packaging? I haven't opened it yet (it was an impluse buy that I may or may not keep). I'm just curious.
It's a standard 3-disc digipack packaging, however, the inner flaps have a picture of HHH and HBK that does the crotch chops when you pull a little piece of paper, kinda like a children's pop-up book.
Old 08-11-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ShadyLPete
I got a few from a friend, they use the new "tabbed" DVD cases and are in their original cases except for Backlash 2004 since Benoit is on the cover. As for them being shrink wrapped separately, i don't know
The cover on Backlash 2004 from that Tagged Classics set is the original one with Benoit. They only changed it for the outer slipcover box thing. Both discs are individually shrinkwrapped, too.
Old 08-12-09, 02:50 AM

The cover on Backlash 2004 from that Tagged Classics set is the original one with Benoit. They only changed it for the outer slipcover box thing. Both discs are individually shrinkwrapped, too.
Yeah, I think the mini cover on the front box is just plain black with the Backlash logo on.
Old 08-12-09, 04:36 AM
Suspended

I picked up the 3-disc New & Improved DX, finally found a good copy. Can someone answer a question: what's the deal with the packaging? I haven't opened it yet (it was an impluse buy that I may or may not keep). I'm just curious..
Here's a packaging pic of the New & Improved DX DVD from my Circuit City Exclusive set i bought years ago.

kind of unique w/ the crotch chopping pop-up cardboard.
Old 08-12-09, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting. Oddly enough, even though it's a 3-disc, the cardboard case is the same exact size as my 4-disc Roddy Piper set.

What did the Circuit City exclusive have, exactly?
Old 08-12-09, 09:49 AM

Oh, wasn't aware, thanks for clearing that up
Old 08-12-09, 10:02 AM

What did the Circuit City exclusive have, exactly?
Nothing extra if I remember right, just a subscription to WWE Magazine.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.