DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-09, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume XI

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
So where was this? How did you get in?

Considering that Benoit was only about 5'8" (if that), and you're looking like you're 6', how tall is Ric Flair in real life? Flair looks to be 5'9" or 5'10" based on the pictures.
I'm actually 6'3", so these guys aren't necessarily as short as you might be thinking...

particularly not this guy...

Last edited by fyebonusdisc; 07-18-09 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-18-09, 11:36 AM

I got the Blockbuster exclusive Unforgiven 2007 in the mail this morning. On the bonus disc, it has Teddy Long and Kristal's wedding.

I forgot how awesome it was. Everyone leaving except for the McMahons, Patterson/Brisco and Michael Cole, people dressing up (Tommy Dreamer in a suit and fedora, CM Punk in something that looks like he found deep in my dad's closet and Festus dressing up) and the cheesiest overacting I've seen.
Old 07-19-09, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
I got the Blockbuster exclusive Unforgiven 2007 in the mail this morning. On the bonus disc, it has Teddy Long and Kristal's wedding.

I forgot how awesome it was. Everyone leaving except for the McMahons, Patterson/Brisco and Michael Cole, people dressing up (Tommy Dreamer in a suit and fedora, CM Punk in something that looks like he found deep in my dad's closet and Festus dressing up) and the cheesiest overacting I've seen.
The best bit was seeing The Godfather again
Old 07-19-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc
yes.

also...
Whatever you think about him, benoit could wrestle.
I miss watching him each week.
Old 07-19-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyway, back to wrestling DVDs...

I just watched disc 1 and 2 of the "Greatest Stars of the 90s," and I'm pretty much loving it.

The first disc is VERY broad. It's nice to see little segments on guys who'll probably never get their own sets (Yokozuna, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall), but you'll see a lot of stuff you've already seen and heard a lot of things you've already heard. It's a nice collection of segments, but I can't help but think they would have better off making this a collection of matches with little commentaries in between, and calling it "The Best matches of the 90s."

Problem with that is that there are matches that are clearly not the best, those are already on DVD. What we do have are some historical matches, which is where the set gets fun.

Disc 2 has one of the first matches ever between Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. It's basically a squash, but still an amazing sight to see. Their first televised match (Bash at the Beach '94) would be their best.

A very good match between HBK and Bret Hart before HBK was a main-eventer. In many ways, this is more entertaining than their Iron Man match.

Hulk Hogan vs. Yokozuna is here for its historical purposes. It wasn't as bad as I'd heard, but it wasn't very good, either. I love top face/monster heel matches, so I enjoyed it.

Sting vs. Vader is fun, but not their best match.

There's a match between Diesel and Razor Ramon, which is fast-paced, action-packed, and entertaining, but far too short.

Bret Hart vs. Diesel is an entertaining clusterf*ck. Interference from HBK, Owen Hart, Bob Backlund, Jeff Jarrett, and just about everyone else, but luckly these two had a twenty-minute match before it turned into a mess.

Very good stuff. I'd love for them to release a volume 2, with even more Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, HBK, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sting, Yokozuna, Vader, Ric Flair, but maybe the addition of Goldberg, Sid Vicious, Randy Savage, Goldust, to name a few.
Old 07-19-09, 02:53 PM

SilverVision have confirmed that the upcoming Batista DVD will contain a match from Big Dave's stint as 'Leviathan' in OVW.

http://twitter.com/SilverVision
Old 07-19-09, 03:45 PM

Received my 2009 Royal Rumble Steelbook yesterday in the mail. Looks sweet along with my WrestleMania XXV Steelbook.
Old 07-19-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
SilverVision have confirmed that the upcoming Batista DVD will contain a match from Big Dave's stint as 'Leviathan' in OVW.

Considering that every ppv match Batista had is still regularly available, it's going to be a tough sell for there to be anything special on the DVD. If they're smart, it'll feature more stuff from RAW and SmackDown.
Old 07-19-09, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
Received my 2009 Royal Rumble Steelbook yesterday in the mail. Looks sweet along with my WrestleMania XXV Steelbook.
Yeah, me too. Got it a week or so ago. Now, I wonder if FYE is going to going to have all of the big 4 in steelbooks from now on.
Old 07-19-09, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack

From their Twitter:
RT: @Tidgypom: BASKETBALLS! <--- We can only hope.
9:02 AM Jul 16th from TwitterFox
lol

BTW, does anybody have Great American Bash 2007 Blockbuster Exclusive for trade/sale?
Old 07-19-09, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BrIaNMeRcY
I'm the guy you bought it from on ebay. Thanks for the purchase. So it made it to you in good condition, yeah? I made sure to put a little extra bubble wrap around it, so hopefully it didn't get too banged up.
Old 07-20-09, 12:06 AM

My problem with the Greatest Stars of the 90s DVD was that they felt the need to end every wrestler's segment with a little "and that's why he was one of the greatest stars of the 90s" kinda statement. That got old quick, especially since I read the title on the box in the first place.
Old 07-20-09, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Liontamer
My problem with the Greatest Stars of the 90s DVD was that they felt the need to end every wrestler's segment with a little "and that's why he was one of the greatest stars of the 90s" kinda statement. That got old quick, especially since I read the title on the box in the first place.
Oh yeah, that was terrible. The funny thing is, after the first segment, I knew that they were going to do it with every single one. It got old really fast.
Old 07-20-09, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Liontamer
It was cool for a mini Sting WWE profile, as they may not release one of his own sets. The matches were quite rare as well, so that was good.
Old 07-20-09, 02:10 PM

I have a Blockbuster exclusive Royal Rumble 07' I'm looking to trade or sell if anyone's interested.
Email me if interested:
[email protected]

Last edited by lastofthewild1s; 07-20-09 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-20-09, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

new or used?
Old 07-20-09, 05:02 PM

The new Batista dvd is now up on Amazon.com with a Oct 13 release date and also cover art; however the cover shows the set called Batista: I walk alone and not Unleashed (despite the page text saying unleased) anyways it looks like its gonna be three discs! (of BATISTA - sign).
Old 07-20-09, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by md2810
The new Batista dvd is now up on Amazon.com with a Oct 13 release date and also cover art; however the cover shows the set called Batista: I walk alone and not Unleashed (despite the page text saying unleased) anyways it looks like its gonna be three discs! (of BATISTA - sign).
Yeah, www.cduniverse.com is now saying that Batista dvd is going to be a 3 disc set as well but they're still calling it "Batista - Unleashed". I guess we'll have to wait and see if they actually do change the title of it. I expect it to stay as "Unleashed" considering that was the title of his book.
Old 07-20-09, 05:48 PM

Speaking of being a gigantic mark who gets pics with wrestlers...I am one! I've got pics with a ton of guys.

Actually, I was thinking of getting either Kenny Omega or Kevin Steen to sign my ROH Northern Navigation DVD. Who would you get?

Omega: Made his ROH Debut on that show and he's a local guy.
Steen: Wrestled Nigel for the title in the semi-main event.
Old 07-20-09, 06:02 PM

can't you get both??
Old 07-20-09, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I'm the guy you bought it from on ebay. Thanks for the purchase. So it made it to you in good condition, yeah? I made sure to put a little extra bubble wrap around it, so hopefully it didn't get too banged up.
Good condition? It came in excellent condition. It didn't get damaged during transport.
Old 07-20-09, 06:25 PM

It looks fishy to me. I'd wait until Silvervision releases the details.
Old 07-20-09, 09:06 PM
Suspended

Here's the cover of Batista's Upcoming 3-Disc DVD Set

I think the DVD will be capped off w/ matches with Triple H, Booker, Khali, Taker, Edge & etc.

Dunno about the documentary part of it, since highly likely it will only focus the dozens of Injury Footage by the WWE while Big dave is inside the operating room operated by Dr. James Andrews and other doctors

Last edited by throwback; 07-20-09 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-20-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, there's one I don't need to buy. Thanks for the break on my wallet, Dub Dub E.
Old 07-20-09, 10:09 PM

I have the Best Buy exclusive Royal Rumble 2008 w/Topps trading card pack #4 of 4. Was told it was rare so I grabbed it when I saw it-now I just want to get back what I paid for it!

Nice to see the 2007 Blockbuster exclusives making the rounds on the secondary market. I found out about them when ONS 2007 hit, and quickly rounded up the ones I missed (Rumble- JD) and continued buying the rest as they hit through No Mercy. And I'm still waiting on the xage essay on this line which I never saw!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.