DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Fringe The Complete First Season ---Sept 8th 2009

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fringe The Complete First Season ---Sept 8th 2009

Originally Posted by DJariya
If you have only seen the Pilot, I suggest renting at least Disc 1, than spending the money blind buying it.
Disc 1 only has the two hour pilot and episode 2, which is much weaker than the pilot, IMO.

I stopped watching the show after episode two, but due to word of mouth on the show getting better as it goes along I picked up the DVDs. I just got done watching episodes 3-5 and I'm pleased with my purchase and can't wait to watch the rest.
Old 09-13-09, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fringe The Complete First Season ---Sept 8th 2009

Originally Posted by Tscott
Disc 1 only has the two hour pilot and episode 2, which is much weaker than the pilot, IMO.

I stopped watching the show after episode two, but due to word of mouth on the show getting better as it goes along I picked up the DVDs. I just got done watching episodes 3-5 and I'm pleased with my purchase and can't wait to watch the rest.
You are in the same exact boat as me. The pilot didn't really "wow" me like I was expecting and in all honestly the second episode is just plain boring. I watched the third episode on broadcast in the background as well and was over the show. But my housemate loved the show and I bought the set. Now I'm on disc 2 so I think episode 9 or 10 and I'm loving the show.