DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Zulawski's The Important Thing is To Love from Mondo Vision: 6/16/09

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Zulawski's The Important Thing is To Love from Mondo Vision: 6/16/09

Originally Posted by flixtime
UPDATE

No Charlize Theron (at least I'm not expecting her)...but my copy is finally headed my way!

Amazon has both the Standard and Limited Versions now in-stock...and the Limited Version is priced at the lower $40.49 pricepoint (as opposed to $44.99).
Hi, flixtime! I just saw your posts now, I'm glad to hear it's finally on its way. I hope the final product lives up to your expectations, let me know what you think and how the hand-delivery from Charlize Theron works out.
Old 01-01-11, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bunnydojo
how the hand-delivery from Charlize Theron works out.
I wish!!! Hey, you're sort of a connected guy in all this...how about putting in a good word for me the next delivery go 'round with THE SILVER GLOBE.

I did receive the Limited Edition...so in the meantime I've got that woman's silhouette design you did for the cover making me a little frisky for sure...the velvety feel of the case sure helps too...and the topless shot used for one of the lobby cards caps things off.

As has been the case with the other Limited Editions, SZAMANKA too is a splendidly designed package. I'm looking forward to the next release (even if you can't swing Charlize Theron for me).
Old 02-12-11, 12:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

snagged a copy of Szamanka on Amazon for $35, and just watched it. somehow there's more wtf moments than in La Femme Publique, L'Amour Braque, and The Most Important Thing is to Love, and even though i understand only half of what's going on, i find his weirdness still visually stimulating.

i think L'Amour Braque may be my least favorite of his so far, but this is almost on the same level. the packaging, however, is so immaculate and worth owning for collections-sake. bravo! can't wait for Silver Globe, Possession, or Third Part of the Night!!
Old 02-12-11, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just stumbled on this thread. There seems to be someone intimate with what Mondo Vision is doing with these releases posting here. Just bought the standard edition of La Femme Publique last month, and I have to chime in with agreement on what others have been saying. The production of these discs is superior in every way, in terms of packaging ad attention to detail. I don't think Criterion could have done better.

I know Mondo Vision is focusing on Zulawski's work right now, but here's hoping they can afford some other filmmakers the same loving treatment in the future!
Old 02-12-11, 08:00 PM

half the films released so far i wouldn't even consider that "great" (some of them i can't even consider "good"), but my goodness, the packaging makes it worth dropping $30+
Old 01-06-12, 12:36 PM

so is there a halt on further Mondo productions? 2011 didn't see any releases