Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Old 04-22-09, 07:01 PM
  #176  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bellport, NY
Posts: 751
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

I'm a compulsive collector yet I always need to find a good deal. I keep to a few rules and preferences:

- no spending over a certain amount ($25 for a 3-disc or less DVD, $50 if it's an Anthology or something); if it's not an exclusive, I'm waiting for it to drop in price
- only one edition of a DVD - the exclusive version usually wins especially if it costs about the same and has bonus content (only exception to this so far would be the Eddie Guerrero DVD when I have the money to find and get the BB exclusive cheap)
- I'd rather have a DVD with a bonus disc than a Steelbook or a cheap figurine or a film cel
- look where the collectors ain't
DerangedHermit is offline  
Old 04-22-09, 09:22 PM
  #177  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

thats cool, i also want to get the best dvd i can, if i see 2 wrestlemania 25 dvds, and 1 is a bit rough ill pick the better one

but my question is to those who collect beyond the norm, when u need to have 4 different rey dvds just for the different cover, its the exact same dvd, what is the point of collecting that crap, its not going to be worth that much more if any in 25 years from now, and if so your probably not selling it anyways
and for those who say i just like collecting, what for, do u look at them by your lonesome and admire them, seriously?

p.s.i wont be buying mania 25 just for 1 match, 4 hour ppv just for 1 match, ill pass and that match will be on a upcoming "best of" dvd within 2-3 years, mark my words, plus the extras suck
chuckliddell is offline  
Old 04-22-09, 10:06 PM
  #178  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 320
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

I mainly correct for extra footage that I don't have on DVD. So if there are two versions of something and they both have different bonus', I'll buy both. For example, the Eddie Guerrero DVD's that came out in December I bought at Best Buy and FYE to get the Smackdown and RAW tribute shows.
ThomaMon is offline  
Old 04-22-09, 10:06 PM
  #179  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Can somebody on here do me a HUGE favor? If any of you have wrestlemania XV on dvd, can you please take a picture of the disc and PM it to me? I recently bought a disc only version of it, and I want to see if it is a bootleg or not.
dns72 is offline  
Old 04-22-09, 10:12 PM
  #180  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 169
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by dns72 View Post
Can somebody on here do me a HUGE favor? If any of you have wrestlemania XV on dvd, can you please take a picture of the disc and PM it to me? I recently bought a disc only version of it, and I want to see if it is a bootleg or not.
Is it gold on the back rather than silver? If so, then it's legit.
will94 is offline  
Old 04-22-09, 10:17 PM
  #181  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by will94 View Post
Is it gold on the back rather than silver? If so, then it's legit.
It looks gold to me, but it's hard to tell.*I need something to compare it to.
dns72 is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 12:22 AM
  #182  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 219
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by dns72 View Post
It looks gold to me, but it's hard to tell.*I need something to compare it to.
Since its gold, then its real. All legit copies of WrestleMania XV have gold discs.
BrIaNMeRcY is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 01:10 AM
  #183  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by chuckliddell View Post
thats cool, i also want to get the best dvd i can, if i see 2 wrestlemania 25 dvds, and 1 is a bit rough ill pick the better one

but my question is to those who collect beyond the norm, when u need to have 4 different rey dvds just for the different cover, its the exact same dvd, what is the point of collecting that crap, its not going to be worth that much more if any in 25 years from now, and if so your probably not selling it anyways
and for those who say i just like collecting, what for, do u look at them by your lonesome and admire them, seriously?

p.s.i wont be buying mania 25 just for 1 match, 4 hour ppv just for 1 match, ill pass and that match will be on a upcoming "best of" dvd within 2-3 years, mark my words, plus the extras suck
I think it's due to having a completist mentality. A lot of people, when they get real into collecting something, have to have it all at some point. It's basic compulsive behavior and there are plenty of examples of it in any collecting genre/arena or whatever you want to call it. Take toys or action figures, for example. The companies put out variants or "chase" pieces all the time, which are basically the same thing as the standard version, but with a different color or something very minor to differentiate it. They do it because they know damn well that there are a lot of people who have to own each and every piece out there. If it is a limited quantity or exclusive item, then all the better.

They're usually not buying them to look at and admire. They're buying them simply because they exist, in most cases.

Getting back to actual dvd discussion.....does anyone recall the release date for the Macho Man set off the top of their head? I can't wait for that one.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 04-23-09 at 01:12 AM.
SexualPudding is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 01:55 AM
  #184  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 194
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by dns72 View Post
Can somebody on here do me a HUGE favor? If any of you have wrestlemania XV on dvd, can you please take a picture of the disc and PM it to me? I recently bought a disc only version of it, and I want to see if it is a bootleg or not.
Originally Posted by SexualPudding View Post
Getting back to actual dvd discussion.....does anyone recall the release date for the Macho Man set off the top of their head? I can't wait for that one.

here is the requested pic of the WM15 disc, top and bottom (gold), also check the inner ring and look for the imprinted numbers, if it says WWF1001 it definitely is legit....scheduled date for Savage set is June 9

l8nerduke32 is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 02:29 AM
  #185  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32 View Post
here is the requested pic of the WM15 disc, top and bottom (gold), also check the inner ring and look for the imprinted numbers, if it says WWF1001 it definitely is legit....scheduled date for Savage set is June 9
Yup, it does say "wwf1001". Thanks for the pictures. Now I rest assured that I didn't pay 20 dollars for a bootleg. This is the real thing.

Now I have the originals of WM 15-18 on DVD. Right around where the censoring and music editing goes into full effect (on the anthology)

Sorry, I had to edit out your image because I need 30 posts in order to quote it.
dns72 is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 02:48 AM
  #186  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 194
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by dns72 View Post
Yup, it does say "wwf1001". Thanks for the pictures. Now I rest assured that I didn't pay 20 dollars for a bootleg. This is the real thing.

Now I have the originals of WM 15-18 on DVD. Right around where the censoring and music editing goes into full effect (on the anthology)

Sorry, I had to edit out your image because I need 30 posts in order to quote it.
youre welcome, glad i could help...no worries about removing the pic, no sense in pics being quoted anyway as they take up space! once theres one pic, dont need to see it again.
l8nerduke32 is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 07:29 AM
  #187  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by SexualPudding View Post
Getting back to actual dvd discussion.....does anyone recall the release date for the Macho Man set off the top of their head? I can't wait for that one.
June 9th.
BullGooseLoony is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 01:10 PM
  #188  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 131
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by BullGooseLoony View Post
June 9th.
Destined to be the greatest day in the history of sports, entertainment and/or sports-entertainment.
fyebonusdisc is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 02:33 PM
  #189  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 441
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

im curious does anybody have the numbers of the best selling dvds wwe has put out, not how many times they have been on the top 10 lists, but overall how many of the dvds have been sold
cause hhh king of kings could be on the top 10 list for 10 weeks, but the rocks dvd could sell more in 5 weeks in the top 10
chuckliddell is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 05:35 PM
  #190  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 246
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc View Post
Destined to be the greatest day in the history of sports, entertainment and/or sports-entertainment.
xNightfallx is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 05:37 PM
  #191  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Haha, in the WM XV version in the anthology, they dub the announcer's voice over everything, saying WWE instead of WWF. They rerecorded Finkel's voice and dubbed it over the actual announcing in the original PPV.
dns72 is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 06:12 PM
  #192  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 131
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by xNightfallx View Post
LOL...

well played, sir.
fyebonusdisc is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 06:26 PM
  #193  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 36
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

did anyone get the Kurt Angle Autographed card that shopTNA was offering if you bought a full year of PPVs? I don't remember what year you had to get either 06 or 07. They offered a Jeff Jarrett card & Kurt Angle.
I've searched all over their site & can't find the deal anymore
Grandetrouille is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 06:40 PM
  #194  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South of Heaven
Posts: 360
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Its been gone for a week or so... I bought both sets and got the Angle and JJ autographed and numbered cards.
DiedLaughing is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 07:36 PM
  #195  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Neutral Space
Posts: 20
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

I picked up an extra Bret Hart 3-disc set from the FYE Legends Vol. 1 tin, and I was wondering if anybody knows if this release has the corrected audio for the I Quit WM13 match. (My open copy is the first release with the glitchy audio delay.)

And damn those WM25 extras are disappointing. I was hoping they'd at least put the WM All-Star tag team match from the the night after.

Last edited by Wildcard; 04-23-09 at 07:38 PM.
Wildcard is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 09:05 PM
  #196  
Senior Member
 
Liontamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 252
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by xNightfallx View Post
Sidewalk Slam!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Liontamer is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 10:43 PM
  #197  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 91
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Picked up 2 more copies of TNA World X Cup dvd at fye for like 9.00 a piece it was 11.99 plus I get the discount. Also noticed a huge ufc dvd sale most dvds were 5.00 you may want to check it out, well the sale was going on in michigan.
jg352599 is offline  
Old 04-23-09, 11:08 PM
  #198  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 36
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Originally Posted by DiedLaughing View Post
Its been gone for a week or so... I bought both sets and got the Angle and JJ autographed and numbered cards.
I figured that they went fast. I got the JJ card, just looking for the Angle now
Grandetrouille is offline  
Old 04-24-09, 03:35 PM
  #199  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 236
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

a new seller on Amazon put up Judgment Day 2002 for $50, seeing as how i didn't have it and its usually around $90-$100, i bought it. Hopefully it looks good.
ShadyLPete is offline  
Old 04-24-09, 04:36 PM
  #200  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,466
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

It's probably the Koch version. That's the one I got. If you're a stickler for that kind of thing, it might bother you. I'm somewhere in between. I'd rather have the US version, but it was such a fun show, I'm still glad I have it.
BullGooseLoony is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.