Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-09, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

dvd discussion thread or general wrestling discussion thread??

in the words of Gregory Helms: "im just sayin"
Old 05-22-09, 08:29 PM

listen all of what i said was truthfall, flair fanboys hate to here it and try to avoid the points i made, if your a flair fan thats fine, but dont be a fanboy that has an lame excuse for everything

-why was wcw doing poorly before hogan/nash/hall came in
-if he cared about the business and paving the way why did he keep pushing himself in the spotlight and his no talent son david flair instead of worthy wrestlers, flair and his buddies ran wcw and hogged all the spotlight for themselves, they never cared about doing the right thing for the business and sport, only what the right thing was for them

and tell me, i have never understood, in the ring what was so great about flair, he was boring and had no psychology, he was all over the place and do stuff that never made sense, bret hart said he was looking forward to wrestling him but when he did he was shocked at how sloppy he was, he kicked hart into the mat and broke his finger without notice, he did stuff like that, hart never hurt a wrester in his entire career

and as far as people respecting flair, loads of wrestlers hate him, the entire nwo hated him cause he was always whining about bringing the four horseman back, macho man and terry funk both dissed him i heard on youtube, hart and steiner also bashed him, he has alot of hatters, its just internet fans drool over him, but in general most fans cheer bigger names such as hogan, hogan like him or not made wrestling huge and the impact is still being felt today, he made wrestling household and wrestlers owe more gratitude to him than flair
Old 05-22-09, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

At what rank did Starcade DVD falls at in the Billboard Chart now?

Originally Posted by chuckliddell
listen all of what i said was truthfall, flair fanboys hate to here it and try to avoid the points i made, if your a flair fan thats fine, but dont be a fanboy that has an lame excuse for everything

-why was wcw doing poorly before hogan/nash/hall came in
-if he cared about the business and paving the way why did he keep pushing himself in the spotlight and his no talent son david flair instead of worthy wrestlers, flair and his buddies ran wcw and hogged all the spotlight for themselves, they never cared about doing the right thing for the business and sport, only what the right thing was for them

and tell me, i have never understood, in the ring what was so great about flair, he was boring and had no psychology, he was all over the place and do stuff that never made sense, bret hart said he was looking forward to wrestling him but when he did he was shocked at how sloppy he was, he kicked hart into the mat and broke his finger without notice, he did stuff like that, hart never hurt a wrester in his entire career

and as far as people respecting flair, loads of wrestlers hate him, the entire nwo hated him cause he was always whining about bringing the four horseman back, macho man and terry funk both dissed him i heard on youtube, hart and steiner also bashed him, he has alot of hatters, its just internet fans drool over him, but in general most fans cheer bigger names such as hogan, hogan like him or not made wrestling huge and the impact is still being felt today, he made wrestling household and wrestlers owe more gratitude to him than flair
Old 05-22-09, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by l8nerduke32
dvd discussion thread or general wrestling discussion thread??

in the words of Gregory Helms: "im just sayin"
Agreed. Lately this whole thread has been jumbled with junk I don't give a damn about.
Old 05-22-09, 10:44 PM

still ignoring the facts, wcw was nothing before hogan/nash/hall came, if flair was so great how come he never drew ratings for wcw
Old 05-22-09, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You do know theres a seperate thread to discuss the general wrestling product and THIS thread is to discuss DVDs?!?!

I use to like coming on this board, looking and discussing about current and future DVDs, but now this thread has become basically people complaining about Cena, Hogan, Flair, HHH, WCW, etc.

chuckliddell, if you have a problem or want to rant about the general wrestling product, can you please just go on the sports board that specifically has a thread dedicated to that sort of thing, and just keep this thread clear for wrestling DVD discussion. Your rants are getting too much and i think some people here are getting sick and tired of it.
Old 05-22-09, 11:32 PM

truth hurts i guess, ill let it go because im the bigger man but some people cant stand to see there heroes get bashed even if it the truth cause there fanboys
Old 05-22-09, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Enough of this shit, take it elsewhere.
Old 05-23-09, 12:26 AM

Anyways... Besides Throwback, did anyone else buy all three versions of 'Mania? (Steelbook, Wal-Mart and Blu-ray). I kinda want to bu it's just too much money to shell out for my liking. Especially since Wal-Mart is asking for $30 for their "Exclusive" with Mini WWE Encyclopedia. C'mon Wally World! I remember when they sold Mania for 19.99 the first week of release just a couple years ago.
Old 05-23-09, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
Anyways... Besides Throwback, did anyone else buy all three versions of 'Mania? (Steelbook, Wal-Mart and Blu-ray). I kinda want to bu it's just too much money to shell out for my liking. Especially since Wal-Mart is asking for $30 for their "Exclusive" with Mini WWE Encyclopedia. C'mon Wally World! I remember when they sold Mania for 19.99 the first week of release just a couple years ago.
Unfortunately us Canadians won't be getting the steelbook, but my uncle just visited from the US and brought me back one, so i'm happy for that.

We won't be getting WM25 til June 9 (same day as Macho Madness) but i want to get the Blu-ray version so i'm going pick that up; Amazon.ca has an import but its $40 and Amazon.com has it $28 plus shipping but converting that to CDN its over $40.

We'll be getting the 3 Disc with WWE mini encyclopedia as well but it won't be an exclusive but rather a standard release, so i'm probably going to get that too.
Old 05-23-09, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I posted a link a page back about the Blu-ray version being on sale for $16.99 at jr.com. Do they ship to Canada?
Old 05-23-09, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I posted a link a page back about the Blu-ray version being on sale for $16.99 at jr.com. Do they ship to Canada?
Yep. Read this: http://www.jr.com/information/pop_sh...p#canadianShip
Old 05-23-09, 09:30 AM

Macho Madness is released in the UK in 6 days yet the US release is Tuesday June 9th?. Interesting.....

On another note, I received Royal Rumble 2009 on Blu Ray this past Thursday, are there any collectors from North America that are interested in it for their collections?
Old 05-23-09, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I really kinda don't even want WMXXV besides the HOF ceremony.....is that bad?
Old 05-23-09, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Quack

The PPV was bad...the only reason I am buying it is for the HOF ceremony myself. That had to be one of the worst manias ever...maybe worst one since 11? The ending was horrible also
Old 05-23-09, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
Just 2 of 3 for me. My OCD would really like to pick up the Walmart version just because of the alternate cover and the nifty lil encyclopedia, BUT I just can't justify going for it for that price. Maybe if it was a blu-ray I'd reconsider but I already have the wwe's encyclopedia (the big one of course), so for now I'll be passing.
Old 05-23-09, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scarface83
The PPV was bad...the only reason I am buying it is for the HOF ceremony myself. That had to be one of the worst manias ever...maybe worst one since 11? The ending was horrible also
I bought it because I'm kind of a 'Mania completist. I've purchased every WM since X-7, and don't think there'll be a WM so bad that I don't.

But for this one, I'll be happy to watch MITB, Y2J vs. Legends, Hardy/Hardy, and UT/HBK.
Old 05-23-09, 10:54 AM

I am only buying it for the Miz/Morrison vs the Colons, MITB, Taker vs HBK, and the Hall of Fame. That and I have every mania aside from 23 and 25
Old 05-23-09, 11:28 AM

I want to grab the steelbook from FYE but I really have no need for the DVD version, as I bought the Blu-Ray.
Old 05-23-09, 12:46 PM

does anybody know what store or stores the macho madness dvd will be released early, i want this dvd ASAP and anybody have any online sites were they release wwe dvds early?
Old 05-23-09, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Use the K-Mart ad (had three of them - ours, one of my friends and my aunts) to pricematch two
regular versions at FYE and one of the Special Box/Mini History Of Wrestlemania Book Version at
Wal-Mart so all three of them cost me $19.99 before tax. Then we have $14 in MIR coming from
FYE for the regular versions. I'm getting one of the regular versions, another friend is getting the
other regular version and another friend is getting the Wal-Mart version. (He loves those extras
and also it continues his streak of getting Wrestlemania at Wal-Mart - I think it started at WMXX.)
The cost after rebate comes in (and includes tax) comes to around $50 so we are just going to
divide that by 3 and it comes to $16.65 or so per person. Not a bad deal - too bad the steelbooks
didn't have the MIR attached.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-23-09 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-24-09, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Quack

Not at all; you shouldn't reward them for putting on a lackluster ppv (even though it was called Wrestlemania) by paying their exorbitant DVD prices, but that's just me.
Old 05-24-09, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by xage
My post on the steelbook grabbed a lot of doubts
It helps to have a decent quality picture.
Old 05-24-09, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Best Buy is having a WWE DVD Sale on their website and the following DVDs are $12.99.

The Best Of Raw - 15th Anniversary
The Best Of Starrcade
The Best Of Saturday Nights Main Event
Edge - A Decade Of Decadence
The Twisted, Disturbed Life Of Kane
History Of Intercontinental Championship
The Rock - The Most Electriflying Man In Sports Entertainment
Twist Of Fate - The Matt and Jeff Hardy Story
The Legacy Of Stone Cold Steve Austin
Viva La Raza - The Legacy Of Eddie Guerrero
Hell In The Cell

You can order any of these for in-store pickup - thats if your store has them. Seven of the Eleven
are unavailable at the Best Buy thats the nearest to me including two I'm interested in getting -
Best Of Saturday Nights Main Event and History Of Intercontinental Championship. There is good
news, the next nearest Best Buy to me - has both of them available and I'll be driving by it later
this week so I'll be able to stop in and pick them up - no going out of my way.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-25-09 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-24-09, 02:25 PM

Weird. I was told by someone here that the new Tagged Classics (No Way Out & Backlash 2004) had Benoit taken off of the cover of the DVD case of Backlash.

I bought it yesterday, open it up, and what do I see. Chris Benoit on the cover. I for one am glad that it wasn't changed. I don't want an alternate cover with just the logo.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.