Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-09, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official Wrestling DVD Discussion Thread - Volume X

Those of you who buy at FYE, do you cash in the rebate or not? I personally don't, and won't, simply because it requires cutting the UPC barcode from the product and mailing it in as proof. I understand their side, but to me I'd rather spend the extra couple bucks and have the complete dvd in tact for my collection. What do you guys do in this situation?
Old 05-18-09, 12:31 PM

The new WWE Allied Powers Tag Team DVD coming out does look good, but it boggles my mind that not one Midnight Express V.S. Rock and Roll Express match is on there.

Does anyone have an answer why the old WCW VHS tapes (I guess..89-93 or 94?) were not the complete PPVs?

And also, does anyone have a complete listing of the old WCW VHS tape releases? I'm not so much interested in like the Rick Rude or Sting like profile tapes, but more of the event tapes like Fall Brawl, etc.

Any info would be great, thanks!
Old 05-18-09, 02:53 PM

Hey Aces High,
You dont have to cut the actual UPC off the dvd for the refund(I used to think the same thing) All you need is the price sticker off the front, it has the upc on the bottom of it. I have gotten 5 rebates that way with no problems.

Is WM25 an actual steelbook or is it the oversized tin?
Old 05-18-09, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
Those of you who buy at FYE, do you cash in the rebate or not? I personally don't, and won't, simply because it requires cutting the UPC barcode from the product and mailing it in as proof. I understand their side, but to me I'd rather spend the extra couple bucks and have the complete dvd in tact for my collection. What do you guys do in this situation?
You don't need to cut the UPC code. You can just send in the price sticker. That's what I've always done. Never had any problems receiving the rebate.
Old 05-18-09, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by camwar
Is WM25 an actual steelbook or is it the oversized tin?

It is a Steelbook™.
Old 05-18-09, 05:14 PM

If anyone is interested, I have a mint copy of "WWE The Best Of Smackdown vs Raw" Blu-Ray, that was only available as part of the Smackdown vs Raw 2009 PS3 Special Edition.
Please PM me an offer if interested.
Old 05-18-09, 05:29 PM

Received my copy of WM XXV in the mail this afternoon, can't wait to check out the show, i haven't watched any video of it since being there live. just for kicks how much is the steelbook and is it available online.
Old 05-18-09, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

according to Amazon, the release date for Summerslam Anthology Volume 3 and 4 is August 4.
Old 05-19-09, 07:31 AM

See I knew there had to be an explanation! Thanks Cam & Willd.

I stopped by a local Walmart they had 2 versions of WM25-
#1) $24.96 Wrestlemania 25 3 disc Edition
#2) $29.96 Wrestlemania 25 3 disc Edition PLUS a mini version of WWE Encyclopedia

There's cardboard box around the one w/the encyclopedia which houses both the dvd & book. I wont be picking this up, but I know there's some of you who will. I'll be grabbing the steelbook version from FYE in a few hours (along with UFC93 if it's $9.99).

Pics of my collection coming soon-I have a huge 1000+ cd rack which was home to my WWE classic Superstars figures....but over the weekend I wiped them all out, boxed them up, and it is now the home of my massive DVD collection (which includes a very near complete WWE catalog; the Complete TNA catalog, and about 25 UFC titles from 59-79 & 88-92). Time for me to pimp my collection!
Old 05-19-09, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Aces_High
See I knew there had to be an explanation! Thanks Cam & Willd.

I stopped by a local Walmart they had 2 versions of WM25-
#1) $24.96 Wrestlemania 25 3 disc Edition
#2) $29.96 Wrestlemania 25 3 disc Edition PLUS a mini version of WWE Encyclopedia

There's cardboard box around the one w/the encyclopedia which houses both the dvd & book. I wont be picking this up, but I know there's some of you who will. I'll be grabbing the steelbook version from FYE in a few hours (along with UFC93 if it's $9.99).

Pics of my collection coming soon-I have a huge 1000+ cd rack which was home to my WWE classic Superstars figures....but over the weekend I wiped them all out, boxed them up, and it is now the home of my massive DVD collection (which includes a very near complete WWE catalog; the Complete TNA catalog, and about 25 UFC titles from 59-79 & 88-92). Time for me to pimp my collection!
Thanks for the info and can't wait to see pics of your collection!

I will also pass on the Wal-Mart exclusive and am about to head over to FYE to grab myself a copy of the Steelbook.

EDIT: Ok, just got back from FYE with WM XXV Steelbook. QUESTION: How do I get the rebate? My reciept doesn't say anything about a rebate. Do I just print the form from fye.com and send it in? It says I need fye.com order confirmation email but I didn't order it through the website obviously. So how is it done if purchased through the store?

Last edited by hbkbiggestfan; 05-19-09 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-19-09, 01:42 PM

How much was the steelbook?
Old 05-19-09, 01:57 PM

$27.99
Old 05-19-09, 04:35 PM

anyone gonna post some pics of the inside of the WM25 steelebook? Id like to see the layout and artwork, if any...
Old 05-19-09, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fyebonusdisc
anyone gonna post some pics of the inside of the WM25 steelebook? Id like to see the layout and artwork, if any...
If its like any other DVD or Blu-ray steelbook, it will have the 1st disc on the left and the 2nd and 3rd discs over-lapped on the right.
Old 05-19-09, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by sg2386
If its like any other DVD or Blu-ray steelbook, it will have the 1st disc on the left and the 2nd and 3rd discs over-lapped on the right.
i've never seen one, so please excuse my naivety and curiosity.
Old 05-19-09, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by hbkbiggestfan
EDIT: Ok, just got back from FYE with WM XXV Steelbook. QUESTION: How do I get the rebate? My reciept doesn't say anything about a rebate. Do I just print the form from fye.com and send it in? It says I need fye.com order confirmation email but I didn't order it through the website obviously. So how is it done if purchased through the store?
There is NO REBATE for the Steelbook version. Just went to FYE and picked up the only copy they had and it ahd no reabte. When I inquired abotu it, I was told that the rebate is only for the regular 3-disc set.

I decided when I got home to call 4 different FYEs in different areas and they all said the same thing. NO REBATES on Steelbook version.
Old 05-19-09, 08:55 PM

i picked up the blu-ray today.
Old 05-19-09, 10:41 PM
Suspended

Wrestlemania 25 DVD Exclusives

Wresltlemania 25 FYE SteelBook

Wresltlemania 25 DVD Walmart Box Set w/ Mini WWE Encyclopedia

Wrestlemania 25 Blu-Ray
Old 05-20-09, 01:08 AM
Cool New Member

Been looking at this thread for awhile, thought I'd join in.

I was under the impression that the rebate at FYE was for both versions so when I picked up the Steelbook today I was surprised when no rebate printed out. When I asked the cashier about there being one he took a look at the sign posted with all the Wrestlemania DVD's and simply charged me the lower price, I guess he didn't want to be bothered figuring out the problem. Then as I walked out I looked back and saw the guy simply removing all rebate signs, I guess, so no one else would bug him about it.

Crabby employee = cheaper Steelbook. LOL
Old 05-20-09, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I'll be reviewing the Macho Madness set very soon, so I'll let you guys know ASAP how they handle the "documentary" aspect of the set. I know it will mainly be matches, but I've very curious to see who they got to talk about him and how he's viewed in the light of "WWE history"
Old 05-20-09, 02:04 AM

Where is the cheapest place to get Wrestlemania on Blu Ray Out of these stores? (Wal-mart, Target and Best Buy.)
Old 05-20-09, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by monkeycat
Where is the cheapest place to get Wrestlemania on Blu Ray Out of these stores? (Wal-mart, Target and Best Buy.)
I picked up WM 25 at the nearest K-mart. They had 6 of them and I was the only person today to buy any. I guess nobody shops there anymore. The price for it was a reasonable $19.99. I really would not have paid another penny. Especially at that price considering all the negatives reviews I read. Anyway good luck to all of you trying to find it any cheaper. I'm also really looking forward to that Macho Man DVD set!
Old 05-20-09, 04:09 AM

Is there going to be any special editions (Steelbook, Tin Edition e.t.c) of Wrestlemania 25 in the UK? I know that if you get it from Silvervision.co.uk you can get the free book. But is there anything else?
Old 05-20-09, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I'll be reviewing the Macho Madness set very soon, so I'll let you guys know ASAP how they handle the "documentary" aspect of the set. I know it will mainly be matches, but I've very curious to see who they got to talk about him and how he's viewed in the light of "WWE history"
Cool! I also wonder if this DVD will lead to other projects that will include Macho Man. Savage is one of the most recognizable wrestlers ever and it is really sad that he has such a bad relationship with WWE.
Old 05-20-09, 10:53 AM

i cant wait for macho madness - i may take off work that day.
sad/amazing life i lead

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.