DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Lost - The Complete Fifth Season ---->12/18/09

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09, 02:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost: The Complete Fifth Season

Originally Posted by TheHade
The Geronimo Jackson disc is part of the Dharma Initiative Orientation Kit of "Lost: The Complete Fifth Season" which is available almost everywhere. It's just an audio CD single of the song "Dharma Lady" which already was released on iTunes for free in March.
But I'm hoping the exclusive bonus disc will be the bonus DVD which was exclusive to HMV and JB Hi-Fi in the UK and Australia, respectively!
Yeah, the 6th DVD would almost have to be the same one that HMV had:

HMV Exclusive Bonus Disc:

Spoiler:
* Lost on Location- THIS PLACE IS DEATH - The Smoke Monster makes its return as we go behind the scenes look at this episode.
* Lost on Location - 316 - Explore the construction of the Lamp Post Station and Ajira Flight 316, two elaborate and important sets for this episode.
* Ben vs. Desmond Fight - Join Michael Emerson (Ben) and Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), and their stunt doubles as they rehearse and film their big fight scene.
* Locke's Leg - Take a look at how make-up artists created and executed Locke's broken leg.
* Rose and Bernard Retirement - Bernard and Rose are back. Find out where they have been for the past three years since the island moved.
* Ben in Smokey's Lair - Enter Smokey's lair with Michael Emerson and the LOST crew as Ben prepares to confront the Smoke Monster.
* DELETED SCENES. Run time approximately 20 minute.
Old 12-03-09, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I'm gonna hold off for the complete series on blu-ray that should be out within a year.
Old 12-03-09, 12:10 PM
Banned

FWIW, I just spoke to a BB CS rep who said that there will be a 6th exclusive bonus DVD included in all versions of Season 5.
Old 12-03-09, 01:08 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by cracksky
FWIW, I just spoke to a BB CS rep who said that there will be a 6th exclusive bonus DVD included in all versions of Season 5.
Blu-ray and DVD, correct?

The new BB ad shows the Blu-ray version with Bonus Disc + Exclusive Packaging + Dharma luggage tag. Looks sick. Gonna get that and the Dharma exclusive set.
Old 12-03-09, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

The new BB ad shows the Blu-ray version with Bonus Disc + Exclusive Packaging + Dharma luggage tag. Looks sick. Gonna get that and the Dharma exclusive set.
Yes, all 4 versions. Could you post a scan/snapshot of that portion of the ad?
Old 12-03-09, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Yes, all 4 versions. Could you post a scan/snapshot of that portion of the ad?

Not the greatest pic, but there is one in this thread:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...xclusives.html
Old 12-04-09, 03:51 AM

Thanks a lot for confirming this! That's great news!!!
I only wonder why BestBuy isn't making more of a fuss about this. I mean, an exclusive bonus disc is a huge competitive advantage, isn't it?
Anyway, now I "only" need to find a way to pick a Dharma Initiative Orientation Kit featuring the exclusive submarine patch which is available only in select boxes ... Would anybody mind helping me out with this, please?
Old 12-04-09, 04:56 AM
Banned

Thanks a lot for confirming this! That's great news!!!
I only wonder why BestBuy isn't making more of a fuss about this. I mean, an exclusive bonus disc is a huge competitive advantage, isn't it?
Anyway, now I "only" need to find a way to pick a Dharma Initiative Orientation Kit featuring the exclusive submarine patch which is available only in select boxes ... Would anybody mind helping me out with this, please?
I haven't heard that. The old pic showed two patches (chef, lamppost) and no cd. The new pic shows three patches (chef, lamppost, submarine) and cd. I think ALL the Kit's have three patches and the cd.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Los...tion-Kit/12502

Revised Graphic:

Old Graphic:
Old 12-04-09, 05:25 AM

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, cracksky! I appreciate it.

I haven't heard that. The old pic showed two patches (chef, lamppost) and no cd. The new pic shows three patches (chef, lamppost, submarine) and cd. I think ALL the Kit's have three patches and the cd.
I already know these pictures but there's a newer trailer called "LOST Dharma Kit Preview" at Amazon and "Dharma Initiative Orientation Kit Video" elsewhere on the web (Sorry, I cannot post links, yet, but search for either of these phrases and you'll find it.) which shows among many other things the cafeteria, security, lamp post, swan, and submarine patch - including the line "Exclusive submarine patch which is available only in select boxes". So I guess they updated the contents of the box set yet again.
It's too bad that BestBuy doesn't ship overseas ... :'-)
Old 12-04-09, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

I can't find this on Best Buy's web site. Am I not looking in the right place or is this bonus disc only available to those who visit a store in person?
Old 12-05-09, 01:37 PM
Cool New Member

Has there been a definitive list, anywhere, of the differences between the regular Blu Ray version of season 5 and the Dharma Kit version? It's, what, $35, $40 more, and aside from the special packaging, do we know if there are any additional bonus features, or what other differences there are between the two versions?

I've tried checking out the usual websites and sources and have come up empty. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Scott
Old 12-05-09, 04:42 PM

According to "http lost about com od lostgoodies a season_5_dvd_guide htm" (Sorry, I still cannot post links ...) this is how the bonus features are distributed among the different versions of "Lost: The Complete Fifth Season":
The bonus features included on all versions:
  • Lost on Location
  • Building 23 & Beyond
  • An Epic Day with Richard Alpert
  • Mysteries of the Universe: The Dharma Initiative - An investigation into Dharma
  • Two Audio Commentaries
  • Making up for Lost Time - A look at filming time jumps
  • Lost Bloopers
  • Deleted Scenes

Additional bonus features included on deluxe versions:
  • A Day with Josh Holloway
  • Los Angeles Crew Tribute with Michael Emerson
  • 100th Episode
  • Time Frame and Continuity
  • Special packaging:
    o A VHS tape with a long version of the Barracks video
    o Additional paperwork, including a map, and the full text of The Truce (between the Hostiles and the Others) dated August 15, 1973

Bonus features included only on Blu-ray: Lost University (see below)
  • Lost 100 - reflections on the first 100 episodes + Ace of Cakes
  • Hieroglyphs faintly visible on the cover
  • Additional Easter Eggs
Can anybody confirm this?

Last edited by TheHade; 12-11-09 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-07-09, 01:55 PM

That's the same way the different versions are listed at Amazon now.

Last edited by TheHade; 12-11-09 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-08-09, 06:29 AM

*envy*
The sticker on the Dharma Initiative Orientation Kit-DVD-set really says "Check your package for the exclusive 5th patch" ...!
What's the small print say?!
Help, I want one, too!!!
Old 12-08-09, 08:26 AM
Banned

*envy*
The sticker on the Dharma Initiative Orientation Kit-DVD-set really says "Check your package for the exclusive 5th patch" ...!
What's the small print say?!
Help, I want one, too!!!
That's really ridiculous. The art online shows three patches including the submarine! If that art was in stores you could argue that it should be inside all the packages. Do they really expect people to buy more than one of these things? These aren't Wacky Packages for Christ sakes.
Old 12-08-09, 10:13 AM

That's really ridiculous. The art online shows three patches including the submarine! If that art was in stores you could argue that it should be inside all the packages. Do they really expect people to buy more than one of these things? These aren't Wacky Packages for Christ sakes.
That's a great argument! Is this artwork actually in stores? It's really confusing that they changed it so many times!
Old 12-08-09, 12:08 PM

At the Best Buy store I went to. The only version they had with the bonus disc was the Blu-ray set (the regular one, not the Dharma kit).
Old 12-08-09, 12:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puddin Tame
At the Best Buy store I went to. The only version they had with the bonus disc was the Blu-ray set (the regular one, not the Dharma kit).
Was about to post the same. I was going to get the Dharma kit, but since it doesn't have the bonus disc, I went with the regular BD set. By the way, the Dharma kit is a fucking gigantic box.
Old 12-08-09, 01:31 PM

I appreciate that the standard DVD case will take up less space on the shelf, but am definitely bothered by the fact that it won't match the previous 4 seasons.
Old 12-08-09, 01:44 PM

What?!
So the BB CS rep apparently didn't seem to have a clue of what he was talking about. That's too bad! :-(
I wonder what to do now.
Old 12-08-09, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Did you check the Lost cardboard rack? My BB didn't have the regular dvds with the bonus disc in with the new releases, but they did have a bunch in the Lost rack, by themselves.
Old 12-08-09, 03:23 PM

Re: Lost - The Complete Fifth Season ---->12/18/09

Best Buy's own ad says that all stores will have minimum of 4 Blu-Ray exclusive version and a whopping 34 sets of exclusive DVD version. It's true, my local store is filled with the DVD exclusive version in the new releases shelf and in the regular DVD shelf, but they are going fast. When I was there, there were a bunch of people buying the sets.

Can anyone post what's inside the exclusive cover wrap? I'm assuming it's the regular version inside.

I didn't check closely, but does the Blu-Ray version comes with an exclusive DVD, or BD?

None of the Dharma kit had any special Best Buy marking so I'm assuming there's no difference between what Best Buy had than other stores, can anyone confirm that? thx.
Old 12-08-09, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tvjunkie
Best Buy's own ad says that all stores will have minimum of 4 Blu-Ray exclusive version and a whopping 34 sets of exclusive DVD version. It's true, my local store is filled with the DVD exclusive version in the new releases shelf and in the regular DVD shelf, but they are going fast. When I was there, there were a bunch of people buying the sets.

Can anyone post what's inside the exclusive cover wrap? I'm assuming it's the regular version inside.

I didn't check closely, but does the Blu-Ray version comes with an exclusive DVD, or BD?

None of the Dharma kit had any special Best Buy marking so I'm assuming there's no difference between what Best Buy had than other stores, can anyone confirm that? thx.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9877986-post80.html
Old 12-08-09, 06:51 PM

This is completely ridiculous. If you want everything, you have to buy a giant box that not only doesn't match the other seasons; it doesn't fit your shelf. Oh, and you have to buy it from Best Buy. And you may or may not get a submarine patch even if you shell out for all of that.

If you don't want the giant box, if you want everything else available you have to buy from Best Buy. In their packaging. Which doesn't match the others you have been buying for five years. That you could have had much, much cheaper if you had waited and bought them all today from Amazon.

Thanks a lot, ABC.
Old 12-08-09, 07:34 PM

OK, in fairness I have to follow up to note that the Best Buy packaging on the DVD set is just a slipcover - I *think* the full regular retail copy is under there, although its top cover (second of three layers) is not plastic like the past four seasons were.

Also, quick review of the Dharma set - all show no dough. Unless you're really a completist there is no need to buy this. Not to mention the beautiful two anti-theft stickers plastered onto the front of the binder pocket. Ugh.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.