Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

DERBY - any comments?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-09, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DERBY - any comments?

I remember seeing this years ago on VHS because I've always found roller derby to be a crazy sport. It was a documentary, but I remember it gets sidetracked into the weird, tangled life of one roller derby guy instead of focusing on the actual sport itself. I don't really remember much about it except for that.

Has anyone seen this? Does it hold up? I saw a copy of it for sale at Amoeba yesterday - didn't even know it was out on DVD. Nobody has reviewed it on Amazon and there's only a couple of not too helpful reviews only about the movie on imdb. If someone has the DVD, does the movie look good? Is it remastered or just a dub off an old VHS?
Old 02-26-09, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DERBY - any comments?

I'd also be interested in hearing any opinions on this disc. I was hoping that someone might bump this thread with a review:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/53...ml#post8656001
Old 02-26-09, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by JackBurton
I'd also be interested in hearing any opinions on this disc. I was hoping that someone might bump this thread with a review:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/53...ml#post8656001
Thanks - so this is a Code-red release? Cool! I do have some of their horror movies! I like most of the ones I got except for BOARDINGHOUSE which was so awful beyond comprehension. Ha! Not the fault of Code Red, I guess, but BOARDINGHOUSE really stinks! I suppose it's good for a few laughs, though.

If anyone has DERBY, please let us know how it looks and if the movie is actually any good. thanks.

Last edited by man*machine; 02-26-09 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-27-09, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by man*machine
Thanks - so this is a Code-red release? Cool! I do have some of their horror movies! I like most of the ones I got except for BOARDINGHOUSE which was so awful beyond comprehension. Ha! Not the fault of Code Red, I guess, but BOARDINGHOUSE really stinks! I suppose it's good for a few laughs, though.
I bought "Boardinghouse" and couldn't squueze a single laugh out of it. What a turd. Shame on Code Red. It really soured me on them.
Old 02-27-09, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by SPRBD
I bought "Boardinghouse" and couldn't squueze a single laugh out of it. What a turd. Shame on Code Red. It really soured me on them.
I understand some people may not like a certain film like BOARDINGHOUSE, but why would it sour you on a whole company? I didn't really care for BOARDINGHOUSE, but I don't regret the purchase as there were extras and trailers on the DVD as well. Some people actually like that film and were happy it came out on DVD so what's wrong with Code red releasing it? It's really hard to like every single film a certain company puts out so just buy the ones you want.

I think I'll just buy DERBY and take a chance on it.