DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Doubt: 4/7/09

Old 02-20-09, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Doubt: 4/7/09

From DVD Times:
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Doubt on 7th April 2009. Philip Seymour Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Amy Adams and Joseph Foster star in John Patrick Shanley’s screen-adaptation of his Pulitzer Prize winning play.

Priced at $29.99 SRP on DVD and $34.99 SRP on Blu-ray Disc, extras on both include:

* From Stage to Screen—An intimate discussion with playwright, screenwriter and director John Patrick Shanley about the history of Doubt, including his inspirations for the story, the acclaim the play’s Broadway run received, the Pulitzer Prize and the process of adapting it for the screen. Joining the conversation are Meryl Streep and Sister Margaret McEntee (a consultant on the film and Shanley’s former teacher).
* Scoring Doubt—Renowned composer Howard Shore discusses his inspiration for the music in the film and his collaboration with both John Patrick Shanley and producer Scott Rudin.
* The Sisters of Charity—In an insightful and lively dialogue, Meryl Streep and John Patrick Shanley discuss the interviews that Shanley did before shooting with real nuns to discuss their lives and make sure they would be accurately portrayed in the film.
* Feature Commentary with John Patrick Shanley
* The Cast of Doubt—A conversation with actors Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and Viola Davis.

The DVD is presented in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with English DD5.1 Surround, French audio and Spanish subtitles. Blu-ray AV specs and region coding are TBC.
Old 02-20-09, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Doubt: 4/7/09

Some good features, the Academy should be slapped for nominating Amy Adams. How could she give such a lacking performance?!

It also doesn't seem right that Viola Davis isn't on the cover.
Old 02-20-09, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great movie. Saw it twice and still held up the second time. Definintely getting this on release day. Wish the cover was a little better though, kinda boring.
Old 02-20-09, 09:45 PM
Suspended

cover shoulda been a picture of philip seymour hoffman with a naked boy next to him with a collar on
Old 02-20-09, 09:51 PM

What they really need is a quote that says:

From John Patrick Shanley, writer-director of Joe vs. the Volcano
Old 02-20-09, 10:19 PM
Banned

very good movie. Nice cover art. and the features sound pretty damn good. I'll definitely pick this up ...(when I find it for around 7 bucks that is...)
Old 02-20-09, 10:49 PM

I agree with Chris..nice cover art and some good features but will pick it up when I find it for cheap..lol
Old 02-23-09, 01:27 PM

How The Reader got a best pic nom over this I'll never know....
Old 02-23-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gglass4269 View Post
How The Reader got a best pic nom over this I'll never know....
It's helpful when you have Darth Weinstein in your corner.