DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

FUGITIVE S2V1 replacement discs

Old 02-17-09, 04:01 PM

FUGITIVE S2V1 replacement discs

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fug...ormation/11337

CBS/Paramount is now offering a replacement disc program with the restored original music for THE FUGITIVE SEASON 2 VOLUME 1 set.

But wait - people here don't know or care about this issue from last year. As of now, there STILL is not a thread here about the problem other than the one in the little-viewed review thread.

So either hurray - or never mind, if you don't care.

Harry
Old 02-17-09, 07:35 PM

Re: FUGITIVE S2V1 replacement discs

Nearly four hours and 35 views later, still no reaction to this outstanding news.

It's plain that the membership here has no interest or even knowledge of the finest television dramatic program ever produced (by more than one account).

That's really sad...
Old 02-17-09, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep-it is. I started a thread about s2 v2 being released and it was barely noticed. No one talks about Mission Impossible either.
Old 02-18-09, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been meaning to check this show out. I've only seen 2 or 3 episodes back when the new version came on TV they showed them.
Old 02-18-09, 01:19 AM
Cool New Member

I for one am thrilled about this news. I have held off buying this set and had almost abandoned hope that future releases would have the correct scores attached to them.
Old 02-18-09, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got it but never opened it. Nothing to lose since you can keep the old discs too.
Old 02-18-09, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by rw2516 View Post
I've got it but never opened it. Nothing to lose since you can keep the old discs too.
My God! Someone actually spelled "lose" correctly.

Thank you!

And here I thought we were going to "loose" the word for all time.

Harry
Old 02-18-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm really impressed.

I will definitely be sending the PDF form with the proof-of-purchase tabs to get the replacement discs. I really like how you don't have to send the discs with the replaced music back and it's good that you will get a new insert with the new discs.

Good job CBS.

Keep those Mission: Impossible sets coming as well. They have been releasing them at a really good pace.
Old 02-19-09, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will probably be seeing alot of the original sets in used DVD shops since they are letting you keep the old discs and cover art.
Old 02-21-09, 11:26 PM

A very knowledgeable fan posting on HomeTheaterForum.com was given a review set of the replacement discs and here's his opinion:
"... let me be clear about something. When I said in my review that a "vast amount" of the music had been restored, I was speaking in terms of a comparison to the prior Season Two, Vol. 1 set. And that would be true. Now if you want to compare the replacement discs to the standards of Season One, I would say, roughly, 75-80% of the music in the episodes I have seen has been restored, the bulk of that being Rugolo. We were told "much of the music" had been put back. This is true for the ten episodes I sampled. Sadly, however, some, if not all, of the CBS and Capitol cues are gone. And it stings (although there may be some remaining in areas I haven't checked)..."

"...But that is just one man's estimate. Everyone is going to have a different reaction to the set, but I am safe in saying it is a great improvement ... The shows feel like The Fugitive again, even if synthesizers ocassionally pop up. But having the show FEEL like The Fugitive is the main thing.
... No matter to what degree of detail I go, or what conclusions I draw, if you are a Fugitive fan I believe you owe it to yourself to get this new replacement set and give it a chance. Decide for yourself."
Old 02-22-09, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only thing that does suck, is that the offer only lasts until September, and the corrected discs won't be on retail shelves, so it is a very limited time offer.
Old 04-24-09, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bump. Has anyone received the new discs yet?