Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Premium Membership Features Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-09, 07:58 PM
Internet Brands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SPRBD
This whole "become a premium meber so we can keep all the good deals to ourselves" sounds like total bullshit to me. It seems to run contrary to everything that a community should be. I was getting ready to join (because I like avatars) until all this crap started to fly.
The intent isn't to keep all the deals for premium members, and I think that's been addressed adequately here in this thread.

Originally Posted by excom101
That would require actual development rather than just selectively enabling features of the forum software that they'd previously disabled in order to save bandwidth.
We spend a significant amount of time doing "real development" around here.

Originally Posted by Thor Simpson
Yes, I have met Geoff personally. He sat down and had a beer with me and several other members on a number of occasions. I'm sorry you missed out. He also was an active participant in a lot of threads on a personal level, including posting pics and having fun at his own expense. Call me when IB does the same.
Hey! I've had a beer with Suprmallet and Flay!

Originally Posted by Trevor
Great, thanks. Off the top of my head, here are a few things that have been mentioned and not answered yet.

Blocking just countdowns, not entire sigs

Blocking individual user sigs

Better access to our post history

username changes

event reminders
Brent has addressed these to me, and they are on the development list, with the exception of username changes. That is an issue that should be addressed to X and the other admins.

Also, regarding post history.... you should be able to see all your posts-- although it's not the best format... UserCp -> Your Profile -> Statistics Tab -> # Find all posts by [you] and # Find all threads started by [you].

The method I use is this: Set your subscription to "no email notification" and every time you post to a thread you'll automatically be subscribed to it. When I go to a forum, the first thing I hit is UserCP and it lists all the threads I'm subscribed to that have replies to them since my last visit.

Originally Posted by jiggyblau
I haven't read the entire thread, but I have only one thing I really want. Can there be a mobile version of the site that's stripped down and fast-loading (like our friends over at fatwallet have)? I would pay $10 if it helped to develop that feature. If someone's already mentioned this request, I'm sorry about repeating it.
This is also on the development list. We have mobile versions of other sites that have received mixed reviews. A more elegant solution is in the works.

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
Are you really going to look into implementing features like those? Because if you are, especially one that will give me easy access my entire posting history (that's the important one to me right now), you will give me a feature I could really use, and going premium will look much more attractive.

Please keep us informed!

--THX
Brent is serious. We are currently looking into implementing all of those features. See my above post about your posting history though.

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Also can you give the premium members the option of editing our own thread titles as other members have requested this.
This has been discussed and from my understanding shot down for multiple reasons.

Originally Posted by trammel
Is there an option to join without the membership auto-renewing?
Pilot posted in another thread instructions to unsubscribe from the auto-renew. (sorry, but I don't have time right now to hunt it down)

Originally Posted by scott1598
X,
any word on refunds to people who didn't see the coupon?
I was out of town for the holidays and it will be in the works next week, however we are not making any promises.
Old 01-02-09, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
Also, regarding post history.... you should be able to see all your posts-- although it's not the best format... UserCp -> Your Profile -> Statistics Tab -> # Find all posts by [you] and # Find all threads started by [you].

I wish, this only gives you the last 500 posts.
Old 01-03-09, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
Exactly.

IB-Dick: All you really have to do is allow the search results to expand to as many pages as needed to accommodate all the posts.

--THX
Old 01-03-09, 11:14 PM

Post history, mobile version, NOW WE'RE TALKING! Just add a dvd tracking feature viewable with others and I may have to join!
Old 01-04-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,468 Likes on 933 Posts
Originally Posted by trammel
Is there an option to join without the membership auto-renewing?
You can turn off the subscription on Paypal. That turns off the auto-renew.
Old 01-04-09, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
You can turn off the subscription on Paypal. That turns off the auto-renew.
Thanks!
Old 01-05-09, 12:00 PM
Internet Brands

Re: Premium Membership Features Announcement

Originally Posted by whotony
Huh... I didn't know that.

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
Exactly.

IB-Dick: All you really have to do is allow the search results to expand to as many pages as needed to accommodate all the posts.

--THX
I'll seriously look into this for all users.